MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:31 pm

I was surprised how often you can use sword mode and that it really doesn't require any setup. I thought it was somewhat compareable to Charge Blade but man those are worlds apart. CB has you charging, filling vials, charging your shield, charging your sword and the whole unleashing stuff. SA requires none of that stuff.
No idea though how one's supposed to fight a monster that can actually do shit to you, though. I tried with Nergigante. Granted, I still suck against him for a lack of experience but he's way too mobile and has too much reach for me to use a SA against him. I quickly got carted three times no contest.

I forgot saying something about plague boy Vaal Hazak. Really oppressive but interesting fight! I actually have to get away from him most of the time, which is something I'm not used to as a lancefag. I usually stand close to or even under monsters.
It was a difficult but very engaging fight that didn't feel like bullshit. He may just become a favourite of mine.
I'll have to make myself a nice pair of sneakers out of him eventually because his armor set looks badass as fuck.
My armor set shopping list for Fashion Hunter purposes:
Beetlejuice
Nurglegante
Val Hek
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:41 pm

MHGen was especially crazy with the sword mode. You could easily set up your Hunting Arts in such a way that you're always sword mode, all the time (which I don't do on purpose 'cause that's a bit silly).

I feel Charge Blade was made more complex on purpose. It even has way more extreme differences between the two modes.

Fast dudes like the Nibelsnarf are amongst my most annoying enemies to fight with the SA. Though it generally helps to stay in axe mode (faster + more reach) until you can get closer.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Ive been crafting a set with some bonusses that arent even for my build lol but its still nice.

I think it was the damascus B set, looks pretty cool and the def bonusses are nice.
https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextral ... +Armor+Set

1 more piece to go and then im set until I decide what my final build set will be I think. I picked this set because a lot of monsters do fire damage and hardly any seemed to do water damage. In fact now I think about it, is it me or is the monster balance pretty bad in that regard? I expected more equal numbers of every element. Now some armor or weapons seem useless when its only needed against 1 or 2 (easy) monsters.

As for weapons I try to get them all but now im pretty pissed that I need to do the gathering hub arena quests which I havent done since the first time I tried them because its the only place to get coins for a certain high rank weapon tree.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:15 pm

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the drops I'm getting. The very most common Nergi part drops in super low quantities for me. I need another thirteen of them still and just got one from a hunt. Fucking one! I'm not even getting rare stuff in "exchange" or something, just lots of middle of the road stuff that I don't really need anymore.
I had the same shit with Uragaan for a while. You want me to have twenty of those fucking things that are supposedly mega common? Go fucking drop them for me for fuck's sake!

The elemental balance is pretty lopsided, yeah. We're a bit spoiled by having gotten the MonHun games with G-Rank and everything included in the past. Sure, we had to wait a year, but we got what's basically a GOTY edition for our wait. I expect the balance to get better over time while they still add new monsters. But I got real tired of using lightning elemental. My lightning GL is Long type, which is my least favourite to play if I don't have Focus as a skill. I don't.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:39 am

You're more mobile than you think with switch axe. That's all I can really say for advice. The axe form lets you move reasonably fast.

I mostly use the sword form to punish big openings or to create a stagger.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:44 am

Right, no full set today anymore. I'm super hard on tilt. I can't stand to see that fucking Nergigante anymore. Second most common drop for carves, most common drop for rewards. I didn't get A SINGLE FUCKING ONE IN THREE HUNTS GO FUCK YOURSE´LF!!!!!!!!
The drop tables in the game it tells you are just plain wrong. Want the actual drops for Nergigante Carapace?
27% chance for 1 as a reward.
24% chance for 1 as a carve.
12% chance for 2 as a silver investigation reward.
10% chance for 3 as a gold investigation reward.
I only ever had one investigation for the cunt and I just don't get any anymore.

The drop tables in the game being wrong is no big deal you say? WRONG. Because as they expect you to get loads of them, you need loads of them. The fucking helmet alone needs SIX, all other parts need FOUR each! Twentytwo of the fucking things total!
And it's not even like the fight gets any easier with experience for me. When I think I have him figured out, he just does whatever and deals impossible damage because fuck me, I guess. Real cool, that the fucking piece of shit has three states of being mad as well.
I still need six Carapace but for today I'm just done. I wanted to be in bed two hours ago, instead I'm on full tilt and mad as hell. I hate dragon elders being uncatchable so fucking much.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:00 am

Yeah it sucks when you dont get what you need and just feel like you've wasted 20+ minutes.

Maybe its an item you can make at the melder? Not sure though I havent looked there in quite a while.

What should help is givng your Furry mini rushy the plunderblade, I think Ive gotten quite a few carapaces that way.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:57 pm

Sadly, it's not something I can meld. I'm just asking myself what I'm supposed with the thirty or so horns I've amassed.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 pm

I feel these types of games should have some hidden counter that raises your drop chance for a specific item until you actually get it. So a 10% chance would equate to "I'm guaranteed to get this after at most 10 hunts" or some shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:39 pm
I feel these types of games should have some hidden counter that raises your drop chance for a specific item until you actually get it. So a 10% chance would equate to "I'm guaranteed to get this after at most 10 hunts" or some shit.
It would be perfectly fine if the amount to craft something would allign with how common the drop is. They state that it's mega common and thus want me to get 22 of them. If they actually were as common, everything would be fine. It was fine for most any monster up until now.
The shitty thing is that I won't even be able to use all those other materials to just craft other weapons because those too require that fucking carapace.

Here's a thing I don't like about the streamlining: Every weapon of a monster requires the same materials. Nergigante GL, L, SA, CB and so on all require the same materials at the same amount.
In past games it didn't use to be that way. There, you could look at what you have and see if you can make something from that. I've always played at least two weapons so sometimes I'd look at my leftover stuff and see that, for example, I can make a hammer with the rest of the stuff I have.
So I'll have massive piles of Nerg horns and claws and can't do anything with them because I won't have those five carapaces that every Nerg weapon wants me to have.

I won't use the ingame drop table at all anymore. I thought it was nice that there is such a thing but I'll go back to using kiranico.com for correct data.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!