MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: MonHun

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:41 am

My jewish blood is too powerful to buy new games tbh.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:07 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:41 am
My jewish blood is too powerful to buy new games tbh.
Say, wouldn't you like to go to Wacken next year? I may have a gas chamber room left over for you to stay in.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:13 am

Showers you say? Sounds like we still need to SHUT IT DOWN over there. You krauts clearly haven't been brow-beaten enough for the shoacost.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:34 am

I forgot you're a woke Calli and would see right through my Brausebad plans.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:24 am

So I want to talk more about Gunlance. I heard faggots talking shit again, especially about Wyrmstake and Wyvernfire.
There are three types of Gunlance. Only the kind of shelling is concerned and the damage the shelling does. The moves are always the same but depending on what type you use you may not want to use certain moves.

Normal has five shots. Single shots do little damage. It deals bonus damage on full bursts that can be done after a slam or while airborne.
Long has three shots. Charged shots deal extra damage.
Wide has two shots. Regular shelling deals extra damage.

As a rule of thumb, the fewer shells a type has, the more damage will Wyvernfire and Wyrmstake deal. So the basic concept is the following:
Wyvernfire, just like shelling, doesn't care where it hits. It always deals true damage. You'll want to use it as many times as cooldowns permit.
Wyrmstake deals good damage to weak spots but only little to tough spots with only the explosion at the end dealing true damage.

So this changes the general game plan by type.
Normal:
You'll want to never shell regularly or charged. You're aiming to go for full burst. That means that you'll slam from either the 1+2 upwards strike into 1 slam and 2 full burst or by going from forward 1 charge into 1+2 slam.
Long:
Regular shelling is an option if you don't have time for charged shots. Otherwise, you'll want to charge all of your shots. Upangled pokes are usually done to aim your shot.
Wide:
Regular shelling is king. Use it between your poking combos instead of a dodge, quickreload often. Wyrmstake whenever you can hit a weakspot.

Wyrmnstake:
There are only two ways of doing this attack. First off, you'll only want to use this as the last attack on a monster that's about to stand up or move away with Normal or Long type Gunlances, whenever you can hit a weak spot with Wide type. If you won't hit a weak spot, it's really not worth it, unless it's the last hit you'll manage to get in before the monster moves away.
The benefit of it is that it sticks wherever you place it, even if the monster goes away and damage-wise it's okay for Normal, good for Long and really strong for Wide type. For Wide, it is about as strong as a Wyvernfire, if you hit a weak spot.
Wyrmstake can't bounce and because the explosion at the end deals true damage it's great for breaking hard parts if you are able to place it.

Let's get to the basic game plan.
Normal:
Do your charge attack often to go into the slam. If you want to remain stationary, upwards strike into the slam. Go for full burst from all situations and prioritise it over Wyrmstakes.
Long:
If you hit a weak spot, keep poking. On a tough spot, use charged shots. Wyrmstake when convenient.
Wide:
On weak spots you'll want to do a triple poke combo, on tough spots you'll want to shell whenever and as often as possible. If you have an opening and think you'll be able to place it on a weak spot, go for Wyrmstake.

Maximum punishment on a downed monster thus goes like this:
Normal:
Charge attack (forward+1) or upwards strike (1+2) into slam (1) into full burst [(2) quick reload (RT+2) before the slam if you're empty] into sweep (1) into quick reload (RT+2) back into slam (1) to loop the combo. On the last cycle, Wyrmstake if you'll hit a weak spot with it, go for another full burst if you won't, dodge, full reload.
Long:
On tough spots, charged shot three times (hold 2), quick reload (RT+2), repeat.
On weak spots, poke three times (1 1 1), charge shot (hold 2), shell two times regularly (2 2), Wyrmstake, dodge, full reload.
Wide:
On tough spots, shell two times (2 2), quick reload (RT+2), repeat.
On weak spots, if you're away, charge attack (RT+1) before you hit push 2 for a charging shell, shell again (2), quick reload (RT+2), poke and shell as often as you can. As a last action, Wyrmstake from either upwards strike (1+2) into slam (1) into swipe (1) or from shelling two times (2 2). Preferably go for swipe if you're going to hit the monster multiple times and double shelling if you won't and have the ammo.

Wyvernfire should be used whenever possible and follows most fluently after a slam attack. Due to the pushback, you should use it instead of the Wyrmstake as a finisher when it's ready to go. It's a fantastic part breaker so since it doesn't care about weak spots, aim it at whatever you want to fuck up.

This seems fairly complicated, but it isn't. The only thing you need to keep in mind is what shelling type you have, which dictated how badly you'll want to place a Wyrmstake. Associate 1+2 with the slam combo line because a slam follows 1+2 with a 1 or forward 1 with 1+2. If you're in the combo, mash the next action you want to make until it comes out, then mash the next action.

As a closing thought, I'd like to stress how GL is very different from Lance. The latter goes for a very aggressive style, preferring dodging to keep up the constant poking while the latter is a burst damage weapon, where you rather go for hard blocking. Gunlance can afford to turtle if you need to because the shelling deals true damage, assuring you to hurt badly, no matter where you are.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 am

Bopped Kushala Daora, Vaal Hek Hazak and Teostra today, hunted some Diablos, Tobi-Kadachi and Great Girros on the side for materials and managed to finish the critical bounty shit today as well.
I fucked around with the Switchaxe a bit while doing so. It's a much, much more basic weapon than I was under the impression of at first.
Today was a good hunting day.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 am

I'm wait till sub 30 before I buy it, I think it will happen real soon.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 am
Bopped Kushala Daora, Vaal Hek Hazak and Teostra today, hunted some Diablos, Tobi-Kadachi and Great Girros on the side for materials and managed to finish the critical bounty shit today as well.
I fucked around with the Switchaxe a bit while doing so. It's a much, much more basic weapon than I was under the impression of at first.
Today was a good hunting day.
Im pretty close to where you are.
Pwned Kushala but then Teostra got lucky and stunned me right before his big explosion move on my last feint in his little fire area after I got him limping so I ragequit lol.
Figure I will craft some better armor first before I try him again and try to get stun res so that wont happen again. Was still going in mostly Zorah set been slacking on the farming.
Also didnt help I ran out of cash upgrading and only today I figured out I had lots of trade items to sell so I can finally upgrade again.

Need 1 more elder dragon kill for the limited bounties so Ill just stomp nergigante again and then take my time getting some nice armour and stun res to return to Teostra.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

I was thinking of actually making the Nergigante set. I've got the GL and my palico fully equipped in his gear so I might as well. If some bones and blood are left over, all the better. I'm estimating that I'll need to hunt him five to six additional times for it. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Teostra was very easy for me. The Uragaan set has very high fire defence and with the block up it gives I can just block everything he does no problem. I still got close to carting because I didn't quite figure out what causes the explosions at first. My palico healed me just in time.
Otherwise, the dude has his head low all the time so I can poke away freely. That plus going with the highest water GL because I knew he was a fire dude make pretty quick work of him.

Kushala was the absolute opposite. GL is no good against him. I can block his stuff but he trows out an absurd amount of hurricanes and moves a whole fucking lot. I can essentially not stop him from throwing stuff at me because I barely ever get a hit in. Didn't help that I went in with an elemental type GL that does fuckall against him and that I messed up when he fled to sleep. I wanted to Wyvernfire him but instead of grappling hook a bug to get up on his pedestal, I fired a slinger shot and woke him up. Boy, was he mad.
I carted two times to the guy. By far the hardest elderberry up until now for me.

I should have quite a lot of time to hunt later today. I'm thinking of first going to hunt a Beetlejuice for claws to upgrade my charms. I'll also need to tidy up my default item set. It's a bit too cluttered and needs some optimization.

I did an arena quest yesterday. The fuck is up with that shit in this game? Why is the monster mad for the whole fight? It didn't use to be that way. I got my ass handed to me by the Dodogama.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 am
That's the feeling I got when I first mained it in MHGen. It's more or less a Great Sword where the charging has been replaced with the ability to be mobile without having to sheathe your weapon. Also you can both roll and sidestep.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette