STD

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: STD

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 pm

Or course I remember Darmok. It's the second most famous Sinnlos im Weltall episode where Picard wants to buy a spaceship and ends up fighting an invisible monster with a Rambo knife. Don't pretend like that isn't why you remembered it as well. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Why deny the obvious?

And I better hope the most famous episode period is the one where Picard's father wants to convince him to enter a moped race across the galaxy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:39 pm

That's the aforementioned "The missing link" (Das fehlende Fragment) where the missing link is the required data to have the replicator craft 50:50 oil:gas blend to make the moped run again. Easily the most famous episode, thanks to the talk about the virtues of black coffee. :lol:

Schwarzer, Junge! Jetzt echt schwarzer Kaffee, woll, Junge! Äh, der schmeckt richtig! Richtig lecker schmeckt der, echt jetzt.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:19 am

Also loved the one where Picard gets captured by (I think) Romulans, and he and his fellow inmates are slowly driven insane by a mentally-challenged Nausicaan named "Super Idiot".

(You know, for a Trekkie I'm pretty bad at actually remembering episode titles.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Who Mourns for Morn? is the only Star Trek episode title I can remember.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 pm

He's dead, Jim!

Good riddance if it fully shuts down. The Kelvin Timeline was a mistake, Abrams is a colossal hack, and Star Trek as franchise needs to be put on ice.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Abrams is a colossal hack,
I'm really baffled why this hack is so celebrated in Hollywood. He's created nothing of his own of any worth. All he's ever done is ape Spielberg and Lucas poorly. He leeches onto already established properties with pre-existing fanbases, and people act like he created it all.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am
I'm really baffled why this hack is so celebrated in Hollywood. He's created nothing of his own of any worth.
The same reason that Joss Whedon is: his industry insider parents and his terrible but incredibly overrated TV show.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Also his movies made lotsa dollarinos.

Whatever it was exactly, good to see it fall apart. Now we only need to hope for Discovery to crash and burn. One down, one more to go!
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 pm
Abrams is a colossal hack,
I'm really baffled why this hack is so celebrated in Hollywood. He's created nothing of his own of any worth. All he's ever done is ape Spielberg and Lucas poorly. He leeches onto already established properties with pre-existing fanbases, and people act like he created it all.
>Jew
>Hollywood connections
>movies he's involved with usually make tons of cash
>in bed with SJWs
>rips off Spielberg and Lucas, but mostly Spielberg
>inserts tons of action and camera tweaks that panders hard to the ADHD crowd
>inserts pretentious dialogue and plot lines to make some of his movies sound "deep" like Kojima
>creatively bankrupt since all he ever does is rip off pre-existing concepts and/or entire stories and gives them a slightly different coat of paint every single time
>his main characters are typically Mary Sues who never earn something by themselves because the story just hands it to them via the necessity of moving the plot forward to reach the end goal as quickly as possible (e.g. Rey in TFA becoming an all powerful Jedi within only a few days without extensive Force training or Kirk in Kelvin Trek going from Cadet to Captain after just one mission)
>he's one of the laziest directors in Hollywood history
>knows how to draw the masses through Twitter manipulation of sharing set photos and actor quotes