What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:43 pm

It really is le flavor of the month at the moment, tired of pixel graphic metroidvania's because every normie buys them.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Auli

Post by Auli » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Started playing Nier: Automata. I started and got this glitch:

... yay...
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Automata is the perfect example of sex selling.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 am

Nier Autoerotica is one of those games I meant to play but never did. Original Nier was a flawed game but pretty fun.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:27 am

After reading this month's Retro Gaming I want to play some Leisure Suit Larry, which I missed out on when they were new, being so young and all. Some soytard took the dick out of his mouth long enough to write a tear-stained editorial begging forgiveness for ever liking LSL and other toxic, icky, OMG problematic games back in the '90s. I mean, he's fucking torn up about it but now is woke (he uses it un-ironically, of course, one of the super powers of the SJW). I can only imagine he's about to get outed as a super-predator or something and is trying to get ahead of it.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 am
Nier Autoerotica is one of those games I meant to play but never did. Original Nier was a flawed game but pretty fun.
It's good. I do advise you play it on hard though. Normal is piss easy.

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 pm

Anyone here liked the Valkyria Chronicles games?

Yes, i know, weeb shit, but still, i really liked them and now with VC4 really close im hype.

I have been playing the VC4 demo and its quite good.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Only got to play the very first one, but it was pretty fun title. I'd say my only gripe was that your rank was solely determined by how many turns it took you to beat the map, so instead of tactical trench and/or urban warfare you'd eventually start to just buff the shit out of your favorite Scout to rush the enemy HQ in 1-2 turns.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Valkyria Chronicles 1 is fun, but pretty bullshit. You have to have speedrunner strats to even beat the maps. It's too hard bruh.

VC2 had good gameplay but a trash story. Supposedly VC3 is the best, but it only came out in Japan on PSP.

As for what I'm currently playing, Kenka Bancho 5 has around 5ish separate campaigns, as far as I can tell. So I'm doing the 2nd of those now on a new game+.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:41 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:30 pm
Valkyria Chronicles 1 is fun, but pretty bullshit. You have to have speedrunner strats to even beat the maps. It's too hard bruh.

VC2 had good gameplay but a trash story. Supposedly VC3 is the best, but it only came out in Japan on PSP.

As for what I'm currently playing, Kenka Bancho 5 has around 5ish separate campaigns, as far as I can tell. So I'm doing the 2nd of those now on a new game+.
I played it with the english patch, it was ok. It has some of the same cons as VC2, being limited units and small areas, but it does improve in other areas. I call it a in between of VC1 and 2.

However, the animu in VC 3 is off the charts, even compared with VC2 that was literally a high school anime, and that is the design of the characters, its the VC with the worst exaggeration in terms of weapons and so on, just search for the platoon pictures of all 3 games, you will see the 1st one being pretty ok, the second with all the highschoolers, and the 3rd one with nothing but huge weapons, spikes everywhere and so on. In terms of story it was ok.