Nintentard's thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Nintentard's thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 pm

CV4 had excellent platforming. Just the best.

And I'm not sure if the Sorrow games count, since he spends most of those not playable and in yellowface.

Sure, he got introduced in CV3, but SotN Alucard is the way more iconic iteration and most definitely the one any Smash rendition of him will be based on.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:27 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 pm
CV4 had excellent platforming. Just the best.
It is probably my favourite Castlevania
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 pm
And I'm not sure if the Sorrow games count, since he spends most of those not playable and in yellowface.

Sure, he got introduced in CV3, but SotN Alucard is the way more iconic iteration and most definitely the one any Smash rendition of him will be based on.
But he made his debut on a fucking Nintendo console
All of this is still pretty fucking far from 'Alucard has less to do with Nintendo than Richter'. Alucard's got more to do with Nintendo than Cloud, Richter or even Solid Snake.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:55 pm

I can get behind Cloud and Richter, but Metal Gear did get a NES port. Sheeat, Alucard does make sense.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 am

Snake did get The Twin Snakes on Gamecube too. Smash seems to just be a sort of history of gaming series at this point. There's a bunch of things confirmed already that never appeared on Nintendo consoles, not just characters but stuff like the Snake Eater music and Rondo of blood themes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 am
There's a bunch of things confirmed already that never appeared on Nintendo consoles, not just characters but stuff like the Snake Eater music and Rondo of blood themes.
Snake Eater got a 3DS port. The themes you're referring to were in Dracula X the 'broken port' SNES version of Rondo of Blood.

Nintendo's criteria is the character has to have appeared on a Nintendo console. Cloud is reeally a stretch, since I think his only Nintendo appearance was in one of those Game Boy only Kingdom Hearts sequels. The other two are less of a stretch but my argument is that Alucard, who is even less of a stretch than all three, should be in it as more than an assist trophy.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:12 pm
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 am
There's a bunch of things confirmed already that never appeared on Nintendo consoles, not just characters but stuff like the Snake Eater music and Rondo of blood themes.
Snake Eater got a 3DS port.
God damn you're right. I had no idea about that. A quick Google tells me it's likely as trash as it sounds.

I guess Cloud is solely in because Nintendo wanted a FF character to represent the series and Square requested it was Cloud because they're still obsessed with it and want to push the FF7 remake that's totally definitely coming out soon, honest.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm

I suspect that the FFVII remake will get a Switch port, otherwise I don't see the point of including a character so strongly identified with Playstation.

Of course, the only reason Final Fantasy even went to Playstation in the first place is that Hiroshi Yamauchi told Square to fuck off, burned all bridges with them and said generally that RPGs were for basement dwelling losers.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm
Of course, the only reason Final Fantasy even went to Playstation in the first place is that Hiroshi Yamauchi told Square to fuck off, burned all bridges with them and said generally that RPGs were for basement dwelling losers.
Where is the lie?
Although the people Nigtendo caters to now are even worse.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Based Count Yamauchi wrecking nerds from beyond the grave.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Too bad he wrecked his own company too
Kugelfisch wrote: