Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Post by mad bum » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:33 am

I haven't watched zombie simpsons, but lisa had her place in the good seasons, I'm guessing zombie simpsons makes her more preachy
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm

I've noticed that female characters in Groening's shows are often scolding wet blankets that try to ruin everyone's fun.
Last edited by Liar Revealed on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 pm
I've noticed that female characters in Groening's shows are often scolding wet blankets that try to ruin everyone's fun.
So entirely realistic.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:33 am
I haven't watched zombie simpsons, but lisa had her place in the good seasons, I'm guessing zombie simpsons makes her more preachy
Worse. They turned her into the One Who is Right, All the Time.

Her character acrs follow the same tired pattern.
First she encounters something trendy, or that gives her the opportunity to be a know-it-all. This is reinforced by the appearance of a celebrity and/or everyone else but her being naive or an idiot.
She then proceeds to get everything she wants that episode, though a combination of convenience and her inherently superior abilities in whatever she attempts.

The writers, though, know that they can't simply having an episode be like that, because it would be too short, the show is a comedy, and they were taught in college classes that writing is 'supposed' to have conflict. It also needs to return to the status quo for next week--Lisa Cantwell be just great at one thing, because then they can't showcase her being great at everything else.

So to fill time and be "funny" they fill it around with lolrandom gag attempts and everyone else being a stereotype of themselves that lacks any character development or could shine on their own in any way that could humanize themselves (Homer is brainless, Bart is a nihilist, everyone else is a one-note punchline).

Then, they need to have Lisa lose her job, special school, etc. to reset for next week. But not look bad or incorrect at all.
So this means the plot is resolved by some other character doing something harmful or stupid to ruin it for her, or for the most nonsensical reason to have it shut down/stopped magically deus ex machina.

Then, despite the fact that she doesnt deserve them, Lisa sticks with her family and town anyway. Daww. Roll credits, cue licensed song budget was spent on.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am
That figures, because half the fun of the show was having Lisa whine about something and the other people saying how stupid she was, or how Homer was actually right etc.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
mad bum wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:33 am

Her character acrs follow the same tired pattern.
First she encounters something trendy, or that gives her the opportunity to be a know-it-all. This is reinforced by the appearance of a celebrity and/or everyone else but her being naive or an idiot.
She then proceeds to get everything she wants that episode, though a combination of convenience and her inherently superior abilities in whatever she attempts.

The writers, though, know that they can't simply having an episode be like that, because it would be too short, the show is a comedy, and they were taught in college classes that writing is 'supposed' to have conflict. It also needs to return to the status quo for next week--Lisa Cantwell be just great at one thing, because then they can't showcase her being great at everything else.

So to fill time and be "funny" they fill it around with lolrandom gag attempts and everyone else being a stereotype of themselves that lacks any character development or could shine on their own in any way that could humanize themselves (Homer is brainless, Bart is a nihilist, everyone else is a one-note punchline).

Then, they need to have Lisa lose her job, special school, etc. to reset for next week. But not look bad or incorrect at all.
So this means the plot is resolved by some other character doing something harmful or stupid to ruin it for her, or for the most nonsensical reason to have it shut down/stopped magically deus ex machina.

Then, despite the fact that she doesnt deserve them, Lisa sticks with her family and town anyway. Daww. Roll credits, cue licensed song budget was spent on.
Excellent assessment. Even the good seasons had too many “Lisa is special” episodes, it’s like the writers are parents who feel the need to constantly remind their shitty kid how unique they are.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 am

The show does have other problems. The second most annoying thing is the way they write Homer. These new writers like to imagine him like themselves--which means having childish lolwow encounters all across the world, yet unhappy because hes a 30/40 something who doesn't know his place in life or what it all means.
You know, never mind the fact that he has a nuclear job that makes him super rich, three kids, or a wife who puts up with his constant bullshit.

In these episodes, the kids are little more than background props, and Marge despite every reason in the world to not stay with him or even get with him in the first place, always stays by his side.
These episodes are annoying because they're clearly wish fulfillment on behalf of the writers. Not to have kids, or responsibility. If they werent a part of the show from the beginning, you know they wouldn't include them. They also have guests play the most prominent role, where Homer (vicariously the writers) trips all over himself and looks like a complete fool to build up the hero worship of their Hollywood idols.

You know who the Simpsons should really be based around? Bart. Remember the show's heyday, where he was also everywhere? No coincidence.
Hes the only one that should be having childish shenanigans, because he IS a child. Because he's allowed to have flaws, he's also allowed to have moments of growth and learn.
He's a nihilist nowadays because he doesnt have anyone to teach him and isn't respected, appreciated, or thought of in any other way than how modern society looks at boys: as devil-spawn.
Go look at any (non-SJW) list of top 10 or whatever episodes from the past few years. All in the first few seasons, right? And what do they have in common? Bart.

The show does have some other stuff that's good, though:
  • Grandpa Simpson. That motherfucker makes me laugh every goddamn time, every episode he's in.
  • Maggie. Criminally underutilized, especially as she started to come into her own later as seasons wire on. I love how she's also secretly the Ayn Rand of the family.
  • Charles Montgomery Burns. My personal hero.
  • Marge and the rest of the side characters (when they're allowed to be themselves and not Homer or Lisa props)
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm

I think I once watched some episode where Homer was literally devastated he wasn't rich or famous. Or something. Dude, you have a stable, well-paying job you're severely underqualified for. There's no reason for depression.
mad bum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:06 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
That figures, because half the fun of the show was having Lisa whine about something and the other people saying how stupid she was, or how Homer was actually right etc.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm
Dude, you have a stable, well-paying job you're severely underqualified for.
Does his job pay well? There are many Simpsons episodes where they're scraping around for cash
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 pm

Zombie Simpsons writes Burns as a doddering old (a weak and recurring one note joke is emphasizing his unrealistically high age) man and not as a proper villain. Homer under Burns thumb should not be making that much money.