Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:05 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:31 pm
Michelle Monaghan, the "meh" brunette Tiny Tom is triggered over. Maybe she's in a dream sequence or something, I dunno. Her presence, and the shitty mystery surrounding her, in the fourth movie epically pissed me off, especially since the third movie showed IMF agents living peaceful lives in the suburbs when they weren't saving the planet.

Just go home and work a normal job, Ethan!
It is. He dreams of seeing his wife getting vaporized by a nuke and some nemesis taunts him.

She final shows up at the end of the film having married someone else, making Ethan a cuck. Her only purpose is to cut the wires on one of two nukes that can only be deactivated via Henry Cavill's detotantor, thusly making the wire cutting sequences completely pointless.

How in the fuck this film has a 97% on RT + being hailed as one of the greatest action movies of all time is beyond me.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 am

Makes sense. The cucks at Trouble City (chud) were going on about how great a resolution their relationship gets.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:29 am

I've only ever watched the first M:I. Instead of watching the new one, I'll just watch the Limp Bizkit music video for the first one. I reckon I'll have about the same, or better, experience doing that and won't spend more than a few minutes doing so.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:50 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:29 am
I've only ever watched the first M:I. Instead of watching the new one, I'll just watch the Limp Bizkit music video for the first one. I reckon I'll have about the same, or better, experience doing that and won't spend more than a few minutes doing so.
Now I know why you want to hate me,
'Cause trannies is all the world has ever seen lately…

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 am

That's well too perfect. I don't know if I'll ever be able to hear anything else.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Saw the new Mission Impossible. It was K. Highlight was the fight on top of Preikestolen in Norway.

Too many fucking twists. About 7 in a 30 min span and about 15 in the whole fucking movie.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 pm

I had completely forgotten about that Limp Wrizted M. I. song for the past 12 years at least. Then I heard it on the radio about 3 days ago, and suddenly it gets talked about here shortly after. Fucking DHI, man.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 pm

My entire knowledge about the deep MI lore:
  • That Limp Bizkit video
  • That famous rappeling scene that might just be one of the most references scenes of all time (either that or Matrix bullet time)
  • Some idiot (the main villain I guess?) chasing Ethan through a tunnel with a helicopter and then being surprised when he blows the fuck up
  • And MI2 for me is mostly "That movie where some bloke climbs up a mountain to put on exploding shades"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:28 pm

MI2 was absolutely terrible, but that's expected given that it was directed by John Woo.

In addition to the shitty Limp Bizkit song, it also had a shitty Metallica song released with it.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm

You forget one thing, Cruise's boner for looking cool on a motorcycle
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine