Fatphobia Containment Thread

Talk about the internet itself instead of people.
Credo in Deum

Re: Fatphobia Containment Thread

Post by Credo in Deum » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:29 am

The problem is too hard to tackle because there are so many factors that play into it. If you look at an individual you can unfold the issues for the most part but that doesn't solve the obesity problem in general and at that point if you have someone as fat as Boogie good luck counseling him.

The other thing is, life in an industrial nation state, compared to an agricultural, changed dramatically. If obesity is really a health problem or rather a money problem is something you should take into account as well. If an extremely fat fuck only loses 14 years of his life expectancy then you have to question the whole approach of this.

The day has only so much hours and not everyone has a physical taxing job. That is a problem under capitalism because there is not enough time left for exercise. Many people lose hours just because of driving to work, back and sitting in the break room at work.

This whole rigid system how the average day is organized in an industrial nation state is extremely outdated concerning work hours, sleep etc.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:10 am

It's modelled after the consumer's wishes, with the service industry and transportation having to operate around the clock, everything has to be cheap and development has to be fast for a high turnover.
Couple that with abusive tax systems and a financial system in which money somehow has to create more money out of nothing and you've got the shit currently the entire planet functions under.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:23 am

Exercise is not the primary determiner of weight gain or loss, credo. This is another trap fats fall into tbh. Abs are made in the kitchen.

Not having time to exercise won't get you fat. What will get you fat is eating a lot of shit. The capitalist system encourages eating a lot of shit because it's high-stress desk work that drives people to emotional eating or eating from boredom. But the problem here isn't a lack of exercise. When our societies were more physical, we had the opposite problem of peoples' bodies breaking down fairly early on in life due to how much physical labor they did.

The problem is one of nutrition and this is an issue that has to be tackled at many different angles.

-Education: people have to know how to find, purchase and make cheap, healthy meals
-Inclination: people have to WANT to lose weight
-Opportunity: people have to be able to purchase the right kinds of food, which may be difficult if they live in the inner city
-Health: people have to be made aware of the health risks of obesity and its drain on public health systems, also they must realize that being obese greatly reduces quality of life after about 35-40 years of age
-Psychology: people must be willing and able to address the emotional factors that drive them to overeat, such as past trauma or consistent high-stress living

It is a complex issue if we're talking about what to do as a society to address obesity. But it's not a DSP-esque "nothing I could do" kind of situation. A lot of fats will say "I don't have time to exercise!" or "I don't have the money to buy all these fancy health foods!" That's just an excuse. You don't need to exercise to lose weight and you don't need to be rich to eat healthy. A bag of frozen vegetables costs a dollar. Bag of chips costs $2. And as for not having time to prepare food, which is another common complaint, there are crock pots and all kinds of other time-savers people can employ.

And fats living nearly as long (with medical intervention) still isn't good for them, because their quality of life becomes absolute shit in those later years. We need to better inform people of how shitty it is to get an amputation at age 50.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:43 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:23 am
-Education: people have to know how to find, purchase and make cheap, healthy meals
This one is huge and is where a lot of Libertarians can eat a fucking dick. No shit people know McDonalds and Pizza are bad for them, it's other things that people THINK are healthy like white bread and creamy pastas that they need to be educated on. Hell, until recently I thought eating a shit ton of fruit wouldn't be a problem because when growing up it was always grouped with vegetables, but fruit still has sugar in it so you can't have a ton of it like vegetables and it's terrible to have if losing weight, though obviously if you are going to have sugar have fruit because it at least has nutrients unlike chocolate.

I was having Raisin Bran every morning thinking it was extremely healthy, but when I dropped that shit for Weet Bix in order to lose weight I shredded 5kgs (though I made other diet changes) because my breakfast was literally 100% of my sugar intake if I wanted to lose weight. People don't know that fucking milk has quite a bit of sugar in it.

Once you track your eating with an app you start to realise how much fucking sugar you consume even with you think you eat well. With Sodium and Fat though I found it was only high when I knew I ate like horseshit, with sugar and carbs it can be way over without you even knowing it. And the food you know is bad is even worse than you think, when I checked the KFC I would have, despite knowing it was crap anyway, I was still fucking shocked by the fat and calorie content, pretty much my entire fat, sodium and sugar content (from the soda) was in one meal and the calories in just that one meal was about 2/3rds of my daily intake. Fries and Soda are absolute killers.

Food education is complete shit, people think that if you avoid shit like McDonalds you are good but that is far from the truth, but if you start telling people they can't eat anything they'll just get shitty since all they hear is "you can only eat this boring as fuck salad with no dressing, everything else will kill you" so you need to give them examples of good meals to eat rather than be a vegan cunt and say that everything is bad like a smug asshole. The lack of health education is what is fucking over everyone the most, if people knew just how shit the bad food is and that some of the food they think is healthy isn't as good as they think that would change things immensely. And that includes cooking, making a quick pasta in tomato sauce or frying up some pre-marinated meat and boiling some frozen vegetables does not take long if you are in a rush.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:31 pm

White bread is nasty, especially the garbage stuff in Murrica.

I'd say chocolate isn't that bad if you don't go overboard and focus on stuff with lots of cocoa, but many chocolate products out there have palm oil and other shit in it
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:31 pm
White bread is nasty, especially the garbage stuff in Murrica.

If you get the cheapest of cheap shit then yes it's basically playdoh.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:43 pm

If you eat bread, eat dark rye bread, healthier than wite bread. Milk also has a lot of calories, especially whole fat milk, which I use, although not a lot. You want to drink something healthy? drink vichy or mineral water.

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm

The latest edition of Cosmo, britbong edition. STUNNING AND BRAVE.

RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:12 pm

>fat pig
>article idolizing mediocrity
>article promoting cuckoldry

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:52 pm

>cultural appropriation of a Muppet character
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette