Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Whine and Bitch about people long after they become interesting to talk about
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Trans-Snowflakes Megathread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 pm

I endured longer than you. I think I noped out around some episode where it turned out that Grandpa used to be a wrestler - which was literally just a shitty remake of Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:06 pm

My memory is a little fuzzy on when I stopped watching. I stuck with it for way too long. But it got so bad at one point that it really starting to make me angry. I think it was around the time of the US Digital Switchover. It was very difficult to get the FOX signal and it just wasn't worth it.

I remember that it was in the Bush years and they made an episode where George W. Bush was locking up all political dissenters. The Simpsons got locked up in jail with other political prisoners like The Dixie Chicks, Michael Moore, and Janine Garofalo.

I recently started watching it again (on and off) last year after an absence of almost a decade. It's really, really sad to see. Marge's voice sounds like she's got one foot in the grave.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:06 pm
I think it was around the time of the US Digital Switchover.
When the movie came out the "HD" era of Zombie Simpsons started and and already ded series nosedived even more.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Considered by most to be the start of Zombie Simpsons, which is a curve and not a sudden drop, is around season 11-12. In years, around the year 2k.
The Simpsons were a 90s phenomenon and should've remained as such.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:49 am

Very few shows are good past ten seasons. I think after ten years you've exhausted pretty much every potential plot avenue
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:21 am
Also MovieBob defends [Principal and the Pauper] so that should tell you everything you need to know
That one time Sempai noticed Movie Blob:
Al Jean wrote:One really funny article I read during the last marathon was someone who watched the episodes from the beginning said, "I think the writers always hated Maude Flanders and were planning to kill her, because she's always spoiling everybody's fun. She's really unpleasant and never does anything particularly helpful." And it wasn't that we were planning it from the beginning, but it was really funny to read.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t ... interview/

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:02 pm
I feel a lot of older Lisa-centric episodes could also be considered "problematic", with the way she is frequently shown as an autistic, self-proclaimed moral authority.
The SJWs think Lisa is great in these episodes. That's why they were super pissed off about the recent episode where Marge rewrote one an old story to be more politically correct and Lisa didn't like the result. Lisa was using the same criticisms against Marge's rewritten version of the story that the Diversity and Comics guy uses against Marvel's current comic books. Lisa didn't like that the protagonist was now perfect at the beginning of the story and thus didn't develop as a character because she didn't have any flaws to overcome. (This is the episode that had a very brief meta reference to Apu not being PC.) There were a whole bunch of angry tweets to the affect of "I can't believe they had Lisa of all people saying these things!"

Carn

Post by Carn » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:47 pm
The last episode I can recall watching was one where Marge ran off with some motorcycle guy. Homer went after her and ended up fighting the guy by swinging motorcycles at each other like melee weapons. The whole thing was so unfunny and stupid that I realized the show wasn't worth watching anymore.
I believe this may have also seen the episode that lost me. Having quickly checked the episode synopsis of the surrounding episodes, I believe I've seen every episode of the Simpsons before this one, whereas after is spotty at best. I definitely remember thinking how terrible that episode was. I recall the Simpsons being fairly grounded in reality, aside from the odd gag like God saying saving Todd, but seeing Homer sword fighting with a motorcycle to "save the day" must have crossed the line for me.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm
This is probably for the best. Checking what's going on with Current Year Simpsons is weird. I mean, I recently found out that Bob turned himself into a mutant.
Yeah, he had various animal powers, such as gills for breathing underwater. That's all I remember about that episode. Most Zombie Simpsons episodes are just so boring that I forget them instantly. I only remember them when they do something really stupid like this.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Yeah, that's some shit straight usually reserved for Treehouse or those future episodes. But apparently the regular Simpsons continuity is capeshit now.

And I wonder if they're still airing that one episode showing how bullshit "Listen and Believe" can be.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette