What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:09 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:55 pm
But at the end of the day, Disgaea for me isn't about the shitty anime story. It's about pumping up to level 9999 and crushing everything in my way with an army of my favorite human and monster class generics.
Generics are the best, since they're /yourguys/.

(Also a reason why I like Makai Kingdom. You can't even unlock any of the named characters before New Game Plus. During at least you're first playthrough, you're just one of the many generics ordered around by Zetta.)
rabidtictac wrote:
The best disgaea experience for me so far has definitely been D2 on the psp. It's just D2 with a lot of gameplay improvements from D3. A fighting game analogy would be like if someone ported 3rd Strike to portable systems but finally nerfed Chun, Ken and Yun while buffing Sean, Twelve and Alex. D2 PSP is the superior experience. I don't have any level 9999 bros but I think I have some people in the 500s.
The PSP version (and its PC port) also let's you unlock additional classes, like the Catsabers and especially the female Samurais. Having played D2 first, I was kinda angry at the game when I found out that previous NI games featured the most waifulicious of all lady samurai classes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Not wondering, but some games seem excessive, since most make money on just cosmetics anyway.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:09 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
But at the end of the day, Disgaea for me isn't about the shitty anime story. It's about pumping up to level 9999 and crushing everything in my way with an army of my favorite human and monster class generics.
Generics are the best, since they're /yourguys/.

(Also a reason why I like Makai Kingdom. You can't even unlock any of the named characters before New Game Plus. During at least you're first playthrough, you're just one of the many generics ordered around by Zetta.)
rabidtictac wrote:
The best disgaea experience for me so far has definitely been D2 on the psp. It's just D2 with a lot of gameplay improvements from D3. A fighting game analogy would be like if someone ported 3rd Strike to portable systems but finally nerfed Chun, Ken and Yun while buffing Sean, Twelve and Alex. D2 PSP is the superior experience. I don't have any level 9999 bros but I think I have some people in the 500s.
The PSP version (and its PC port) also let's you unlock additional classes, like the Catsabers and especially the female Samurais. Having played D2 first, I was kinda angry at the game when I found out that previous NI games featured the most waifulicious of all lady samurai classes.
Yeah, something I both love and hate about disgaea is every game has different classes. So your favorite class is most likely not in every game. It might only be in one of them. Majins, Sinners, Fatalists, etc. And tons of monster classes are different.

I always like having `1 extremely strong Prinny in every game though. Prinny King color scheme is godlike.

So far I have to say that D4 probably has the weakest lineup of classes/characters. A lot of the good classes are missing and have been replaced with dumb ones. I can't remember but I think D4 even made Nekomata a fucking DLC download. D5 seems like the one with the best cast even though I haven't played it yet. They added a lot more monsters.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:49 pm

The ditching of classes mostly seem to happen to the monster ones. At least the starting human classes seem to be fairly consistent, with the exception of D1 where the Fists weapons had their own dedicated martial artist class (instead of just being a weapon Fighters were also good at).

And Nekomatas as DLC? Where they so desparate for money that they had to squeeze out some extra Yen for this most furry of catgirls?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 am

>Sega

I think Sega is simply dying. It's not just Phantasy Star, SoR or Golden Axe, they abandoned all the original interesting stuff like Dynamite Cop or Zobie Revenge. R.I.P
Auli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:19 pm
Not wondering, but some games seem excessive, since most make money on just cosmetics anyway.
Alien Swarm is a perfect game for you.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 am
>Sega

I think Sega is simply dying. It's not just Phantasy Star, SoR or Golden Axe, they abandoned all the original interesting stuff like Dynamite Cop or Zobie Revenge. R.I.P
Auli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:19 pm
Alien Swarm is a perfect game for you.
Literally me when I talk about sega

https://youtu.be/v1SW6ZCpdRo?t=12m36s
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:33 pm
Auli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:44 am
Was annoying af, but gameplay seems fun (basically a robot-ninja with Vanquish like movement) and it has loooaaads of customisation.
Oh boy. Well, there is no such thing as classes in Warframe. There's also not really such a thing as leveling. Having something at level 30 is the most base default, really, while the leveling is busiwork.
In the end, mods will define how a weapon and a Warframe handle. Right at the beginning you're lacking many crutial mods and you'll need to pump the mods with endo as well.

So, it's about the mods. 5 tips for you:
1. Never level a broken mod. You'll only get those in the beginning. They look like the glass is cracked. Feel free to use them but don't level them.
2. Let somebody give you really important mods. Trading costs credits, that can't be turned off, but you'll see a massive improvement in quality of life with even just a few really important mods.
3. Ask in the chat. For and about everything. People will tell you whatever you need to know. Chat generally is really friendly.
4. Spend your platinum only on slots for weapons and Warframes and only when you have to. You can earn plat by selling prime parts to other players but you should already have some.
5. Build a Hek. It's a shotgun. Shotguns are fucking amazing in Warframe. It's cheap, has a low mastery requirement and is really, really good.

Is your brother in a clan?

Oh, yeahs, I realised that there really is no such thing as classes, but you could pick from 3 framed in the beginning, and you are stuck with the one you pick for awhile. And it's bound to your account, so I was surprised when I suddenly switched after the tutorial.

Me and my brother and my friend just made one for us. We're suuuuuper-casual xD

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Get to Mars. The boss there, The Jackal, drops parts for Rhino. Farm that shit, get Rhino. Super good Warframe for both early and endgame.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 am

Literally me when I talk about sega

https://youtu.be/v1SW6ZCpdRo?t=12m36s
It's time to appreciate gud SEGA 16bit music again!

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:50 pm
Get to Mars. The boss there, The Jackal, drops parts for Rhino. Farm that shit, get Rhino. Super good Warframe for both early and endgame.
Yup!

You appear to have played it a bit? A lot or`?

Do you still play or could you, like... say... give me loads of shit? xD

NOTE: Just got everything I need for Hek. Now I just need rank 4 which will take me a loooong time. Also, the gun Lex is pretty neat. I also bought the 50k cost shotgun. Shotguns are fucking awesome! Screw going bow lol :p