Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Rushy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am

That's exactly why they ended it at season 5. The show was popular enough at that point to keep going for years, but they didn't and instead focused season 5 on being the last one. Walt got to be the king like he always wanted and then lost it and felt the karma hard after all the shit he pulled over the course of the show. It's a far more satisfying and personal ending than just leaving it at Walt taking down a particularly nasty drug lord.

It wasn't just about keeping the story going and upping the ante, it was about giving it proper closure. There is no new villain introduced to threaten our leads since they're the ones now filling the void
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:27 am

Rushy wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am
That's exactly why they ended it at season 5.
No, it wasn't. They ended it with season four and just tacked on season five because shit was suddenly making money. Go argue all you want, that's the blatant truth. They would've gone and made a dozen seasons if it had more success earlier and Bryan Cranston hadn't had contracts to do other shit by that time. Don't fool yourself into believing TV producers to be any smart when they accidentally made a good show that got worse as time went on.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:41 am

The Britcunts and animoo people had the right idea when they make shows that are short and know when to fuck off.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:27 am
Rushy wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am
That's exactly why they ended it at season 5.
No, it wasn't. They ended it with season four and just tacked on season five because shit was suddenly making money. Go argue all you want, that's the blatant truth. They would've gone and made a dozen seasons if it had more success earlier and Bryan Cranston hadn't had contracts to do other shit by that time. Don't fool yourself into believing TV producers to be any smart when they accidentally made a good show that got worse as time went on.
Well, whatever happened behind the scenes, the truth is that the show's natural climax was in season 5. Idgaf if it was by accident or design, but it gave us the finale the show needed. And I do mean needed, because season 4's finale doesn't come remotely close to the payoff of season 5's.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 am

You've never had a natural climax that didn't involve an animal, what would you know?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:30 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 am
You've never had a natural climax that didn't involve an animal, what would you know?
Well, I know constructive criticism. And amongst some of the rabble on this site, that's like having a doctorate.

In other words: bite me. I dig it.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:35 pm

I was fine with ending it with season 4. By that point the characters were really getting on my nerves.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:35 pm
I was fine with ending it with season 4. By that point the characters were really getting on my nerves.
I suppose that's fair enough. I would recommend finishing the show if you're ever inclined to do so.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:41 am
The Britcunts and animoo people had the right idea when they make shows that are short and know when to fuck off.
Careful with the generalizations. You do realize that Detective Conan is still going after over 900 episodes? Fuck, Pokemon has OVER 1,000 right now.

Also: Doctor Who. It will never die.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Well, Doctor Who is designed to run forever and I couldn't be happier
Kugelfisch wrote: