The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Sieg Zeon

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:48 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:36 pm
Handguns are and have always been the most difficult to recommend. I can't even just recommend SigSauer because I've only ever handled high end ones made in Eckernförde so I have no educated opinion on the cheaper carry models made in the USA. I'd like to think they are good but I don't know.

Hand size is also important. I've got glove size 9 (L), which is neither large nor small for a man. If you've got fat hams, tiny manlet hands or long fingers what is comfortable to me might not be comfortable for you.
There are also particular design choices I hate. Particular slide release positions will disqualify a gun for me.
Same. That’s why I’m going to personally test every potential candidate until I find the right one. My shop/range is cool about that, they’ll help you find a good fit instead of just suggesting their preferred model. I have to get a feel for the gun, learn where the mechanisms are, how they work differently than other models, rack the slide and pop in the magazine. It’s more than just shooting a few targets, and if I’m dropping a sizable chunk of money on something damn right I’m gonna test it out.