The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 14662
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 am
A Walther WA 2000. 7.62 real NeATO, practical size for urban warfare and so rare and fucking expensive that I will otherwise never be able to own one.
Ahh, a man of fine taste. I believe only 176 were ever manufactured, I’ve always want to fire one, or at least see it up close and personal.

Question for DHI, I’ve got lax options for firearms access, and am trying to get one each of a handgun, shotgun, and rifle.

Regarding the the shotgun I’ve narrowed it down between the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500. I like their specs and my local shop/range will let me try them both out before buying. Price tags are decent on both.

The handgun is the most important, since it’ll be my open carry. I’ve had dozens of manufacturers and models thrown at me, so this will be the tougher one. I learned to shoot from an early age and am a decent shot still, so hit me with your personal preferences and information.

The rifle is a bit different. I’ve only ever handled hunting rifles, so civilian available rifles for popping antifag heads from a vantage point self defense are the most unfamiliar to me.

I do like revolvers too, but want to go magazine based for the handgun. I might get a snub nosed revolver for concealed carry or to serve as a backup weapon, depending on my budget.
Rifle is easy. Go with an AR-15 of some description, chambered in 5.56. They're easy to find, relatively inexpensive for what they are and the round is great. It has low recoil but high performance. The bullet is small but it is fired at very high speed and penetrates well.

Remington or Mossberg, same shit. Pick one you like. They're essentially the same fucking gun. Some people like Mossberg and some like Remington more but I'm convinced it's brand loyalty and nothing else. I have shot Mossbergs and they were fine. Get one in 12 gauge and you can buy bird shot for peanuts to practice with. Don't buy the "maverick" mossbergs (budget model) because those are made by tacos in Mexico and they suck.

If you've shot from an early age, you probably have some handgun preferences, right? Find a high-performance, quality carry piece in the caliber and style you prefer. I recommend Sigs if you are undecided on brand, but there are plenty of other decent handgun manufacturers out there. I also recommend against Glawks unless you have experience using them and like the way they feel. I hate Glawk ergos. Carry revolvers can be pretty nice if you don't mind only having 6 shots.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

User avatar
Sieg Zeon
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:11 pm
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:19 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 am
A Walther WA 2000. 7.62 real NeATO, practical size for urban warfare and so rare and fucking expensive that I will otherwise never be able to own one.
Ahh, a man of fine taste. I believe only 176 were ever manufactured, I’ve always want to fire one, or at least see it up close and personal.

Question for DHI, I’ve got lax options for firearms access, and am trying to get one each of a handgun, shotgun, and rifle.

Regarding the the shotgun I’ve narrowed it down between the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500. I like their specs and my local shop/range will let me try them both out before buying. Price tags are decent on both.

The handgun is the most important, since it’ll be my open carry. I’ve had dozens of manufacturers and models thrown at me, so this will be the tougher one. I learned to shoot from an early age and am a decent shot still, so hit me with your personal preferences and information.

The rifle is a bit different. I’ve only ever handled hunting rifles, so civilian available rifles for popping antifag heads from a vantage point self defense are the most unfamiliar to me.

I do like revolvers too, but want to go magazine based for the handgun. I might get a snub nosed revolver for concealed carry or to serve as a backup weapon, depending on my budget.
Rifle is easy. Go with an AR-15 of some description, chambered in 5.56. They're easy to find, relatively inexpensive for what they are and the round is great. It has low recoil but high performance. The bullet is small but it is fired at very high speed and penetrates well.

Remington or Mossberg, same shit. Pick one you like. They're essentially the same fucking gun. Some people like Mossberg and some like Remington more but I'm convinced it's brand loyalty and nothing else. I have shot Mossbergs and they were fine. Get one in 12 gauge and you can buy bird shot for peanuts to practice with. Don't buy the "maverick" mossbergs (budget model) because those are made by tacos in Mexico and they suck.

If you've shot from an early age, you probably have some handgun preferences, right? Find a high-performance, quality carry piece in the caliber and style you prefer. I recommend Sigs if you are undecided on brand, but there are plenty of other decent handgun manufacturers out there. I also recommend against Glawks unless you have experience using them and like the way they feel. I hate Glawk ergos. Carry revolvers can be pretty nice if you don't mind only having 6 shots.
Excellent advice. Yeah the handgun is the one I’m most uncertain about, so many options. Glocks are passable guns but I’d definitely prefer something like a Sig. My friend really wants me to give one of his Berettas a shot, he’s a collector and loves them. Compact is definitely what I have in mind, especially if I go with concealed carry instead of my preferred open.
Coloring my signature red allows me to shitpost three times faster!

Image

User avatar
rabidtictac
Posts: 14662
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 pm

I give Beretta shit on DHI, but they're not the worst. I'm sure they have some good carry options if you look. Another poorfag option for handguns is Ruger. Ruger make some solid semi-autos. I wouldn't call them comfortable, and many of the older models are lacking modern features, but they work. Everything Ruger makes is solid as fuck and should last forever.

The Sig P250 is a nice carry piece I can personally recommend. It's outdated now (I believe the current version is the 320? Not sure.) Because it's old and outdated, you can find them used for less than what you'd normally pay. It carries 10 rounds in 9mm in compact mode Edit: it's 12 actually. But because the gun is modular, you can fit the larger magazines in the compact/subcompact frame if you want. It'd be a bitch to figure out how to carry, but you could technically carry a compact or subcompact-frame handgun that holds 15 rounds of 9mm. Probably the easiest way to do that would be to CCW the gun with the compact 10-round mag, but carry 1-2 extra magazines somewhere on your person with the 15 rounds. Like I said, it looks a bit odd, but it works.

Image

I would have sex with this gun.

https://www.offthegridnews.com/self-def ... -all-time/

"wahhh double action only"

I mean sure, if it's a problem for you. I don't mind. The draw is very long but very smooth. You can always carry it without a round in the chamber.

I compared it directly to other high-end handguns like the P226 and I don't think it's any worse. It has fewer bells and whistles because of the price point, but the quality itself is not inferior.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/112060

If you can find one of these in the $250-400 range, it'll probably body the fuck out of anything comparable.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

User avatar
Sieg Zeon
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 pm
I give Beretta shit on DHI, but they're not the worst. I'm sure they have some good carry options if you look. Another poorfag option for handguns is Ruger. Ruger make some solid semi-autos. I wouldn't call them comfortable, and many of the older models are lacking modern features, but they work. Everything Ruger makes is solid as fuck and should last forever.

The Sig P250 is a nice carry piece I can personally recommend. It's outdated now (I believe the current version is the 320? Not sure.) Because it's old and outdated, you can find them used for less than what you'd normally pay. It carries 10 rounds in 9mm in compact mode Edit: it's 12 actually. But because the gun is modular, you can fit the larger magazines in the compact/subcompact frame if you want. It'd be a bitch to figure out how to carry, but you could technically carry a compact or subcompact-frame handgun that holds 15 rounds of 9mm. Probably the easiest way to do that would be to CCW the gun with the compact 10-round mag, but carry 1-2 extra magazines somewhere on your person with the 15 rounds. Like I said, it looks a bit odd, but it works.

Image

I would have sex with this gun.

https://www.offthegridnews.com/self-def ... -all-time/

"wahhh double action only"

I mean sure, if it's a problem for you. I don't mind. The draw is very long but very smooth. You can always carry it without a round in the chamber.

I compared it directly to other high-end handguns like the P226 and I don't think it's any worse. It has fewer bells and whistles because of the price point, but the quality itself is not inferior.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/112060

If you can find one of these in the $250-400 range, it'll probably body the fuck out of anything comparable.
Ah this was the one an acquaintance recommended to me. I’m going to see if local range/shop carries them and give it a whirl, I think you’ve sold me on a sidearm.
Coloring my signature red allows me to shitpost three times faster!

Image

User avatar
Guest

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 pm
I give Beretta shit on DHI, but they're not the worst. I'm sure they have some good carry options if you look. Another poorfag option for handguns is Ruger. Ruger make some solid semi-autos. I wouldn't call them comfortable, and many of the older models are lacking modern features, but they work. Everything Ruger makes is solid as fuck and should last forever.

The Sig P250 is a nice carry piece I can personally recommend. It's outdated now (I believe the current version is the 320? Not sure.) Because it's old and outdated, you can find them used for less than what you'd normally pay. It carries 10 rounds in 9mm in compact mode Edit: it's 12 actually. But because the gun is modular, you can fit the larger magazines in the compact/subcompact frame if you want. It'd be a bitch to figure out how to carry, but you could technically carry a compact or subcompact-frame handgun that holds 15 rounds of 9mm. Probably the easiest way to do that would be to CCW the gun with the compact 10-round mag, but carry 1-2 extra magazines somewhere on your person with the 15 rounds. Like I said, it looks a bit odd, but it works.

Image

I would have sex with this gun.

https://www.offthegridnews.com/self-def ... -all-time/

"wahhh double action only"

I mean sure, if it's a problem for you. I don't mind. The draw is very long but very smooth. You can always carry it without a round in the chamber.

I compared it directly to other high-end handguns like the P226 and I don't think it's any worse. It has fewer bells and whistles because of the price point, but the quality itself is not inferior.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/112060

If you can find one of these in the $250-400 range, it'll probably body the fuck out of anything comparable.
Ah this was the one an acquaintance recommended to me. I’m going to see if local range/shop carries them and give it a whirl, I think you’ve sold me on a sidearm.
Good choice. It'll fit snugly in your mouth when the time comes.

User avatar
Sieg Zeon
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 pm
I give Beretta shit on DHI, but they're not the worst. I'm sure they have some good carry options if you look. Another poorfag option for handguns is Ruger. Ruger make some solid semi-autos. I wouldn't call them comfortable, and many of the older models are lacking modern features, but they work. Everything Ruger makes is solid as fuck and should last forever.

The Sig P250 is a nice carry piece I can personally recommend. It's outdated now (I believe the current version is the 320? Not sure.) Because it's old and outdated, you can find them used for less than what you'd normally pay. It carries 10 rounds in 9mm in compact mode Edit: it's 12 actually. But because the gun is modular, you can fit the larger magazines in the compact/subcompact frame if you want. It'd be a bitch to figure out how to carry, but you could technically carry a compact or subcompact-frame handgun that holds 15 rounds of 9mm. Probably the easiest way to do that would be to CCW the gun with the compact 10-round mag, but carry 1-2 extra magazines somewhere on your person with the 15 rounds. Like I said, it looks a bit odd, but it works.

Image

I would have sex with this gun.

https://www.offthegridnews.com/self-def ... -all-time/

"wahhh double action only"

I mean sure, if it's a problem for you. I don't mind. The draw is very long but very smooth. You can always carry it without a round in the chamber.

I compared it directly to other high-end handguns like the P226 and I don't think it's any worse. It has fewer bells and whistles because of the price point, but the quality itself is not inferior.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... /ID/112060

If you can find one of these in the $250-400 range, it'll probably body the fuck out of anything comparable.
Ah this was the one an acquaintance recommended to me. I’m going to see if local range/shop carries them and give it a whirl, I think you’ve sold me on a sidearm.
Good choice. It'll fit snugly in your mouth when the time comes.
Indeed, and the butt will be great for bludgeoning you to death with first. ;) Speaking of fitting in mouths how’s your mum doing? I got too rough during our last throatfucking session and ruptured her tonsils. I sent her some Ben & Jerry’s to make up for it.
Coloring my signature red allows me to shitpost three times faster!

Image

User avatar
Guest

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:50 am


Ah this was the one an acquaintance recommended to me. I’m going to see if local range/shop carries them and give it a whirl, I think you’ve sold me on a sidearm.
Good choice. It'll fit snugly in your mouth when the time comes.
Indeed, and the butt will be great for bludgeoning you to death with first. ;) Speaking of fitting in mouths how’s your mum doing?
shes still dead

and you're going to damage the magazine if you do that with it

User avatar
Sieg Zeon
Posts: 808
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:05 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 am
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am


Good choice. It'll fit snugly in your mouth when the time comes.
Indeed, and the butt will be great for bludgeoning you to death with first. ;) Speaking of fitting in mouths how’s your mum doing?
shes still dead

and you're going to damage the magazine if you do that with it
That’s why I always carry a spare.
Coloring my signature red allows me to shitpost three times faster!

Image

User avatar
Guest

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:52 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:05 am
Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 am
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm


Indeed, and the butt will be great for bludgeoning you to death with first. ;) Speaking of fitting in mouths how’s your mum doing?
shes still dead

and you're going to damage the magazine if you do that with it
That’s why I always carry a spare.
wow cool

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter
Posts: 29441
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:36 pm

Handguns are and have always been the most difficult to recommend. I can't even just recommend SigSauer because I've only ever handled high end ones made in Eckernförde so I have no educated opinion on the cheaper carry models made in the USA. I'd like to think they are good but I don't know.

Hand size is also important. I've got glove size 9 (L), which is neither large nor small for a man. If you've got fat hams, tiny manlet hands or long fingers what is comfortable to me might not be comfortable for you.
There are also particular design choices I hate. Particular slide release positions will disqualify a gun for me.
SpoilerShow
Image
Psalm 137:9

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests