The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:52 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 pm
CIANigger wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

M1911 was so great to handle, I think I was shooting a S&W but I can't remember. As for the .40 caliber, I'm a complete idiot about calibers. Why would I want the .40 over say a .45?
It depends on what the weapon is built to handle. If you find a piece you prefer that can take .45, and that is comfortable for you to wear, then fuck yes by all means use that.

.40 is standard police issue here in burgerland but .45 reliably goes through body armor. With a .45 you don't really need to worry if you can't get to a range right now. Just pull the trigger and you win.
Noted. There's probably at least ONE thug out there wearing a vest because he thinks it'll give him an edge. :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am

Listen to PAC because he's the only poster on DHI that isn't a /noguns/ faggot with no clue on this board besides me.
I'm partial to revolvers but I wouldn't actually advise anyone to carry one for self-defence. SigSauer, steel frame, 9mm or .357 SIG. Obviously hollow points for more than one reason.

Don't get a Glawk. They are garbage. Don't get plastic shit because it's garbage. Don't get anything in .40 Shitty & Weak unless you're extremely hard-pressed on a budget. Don't get a 1911 because .45ACP isn't all that hot and a single stack mag of those is too few shots.

9mm gives you:
Ready availability in both choice of gun and choice of ammunition. It's cheap, you can get it absolutely everywhere and you can find +P+ ammo that's so hot it packs more of a punch than .40S&W.
.357 SIG gives you:
Feeding issues are unheard of and it fucks shit up, approaching 10mm effectiveness while having a higher mag capacity and being more controllable. But it's expensive and not readily available.

It's always important that you actually practice with the ammunition that you'll carry. The exact same one. Remmington 9mm FMJ may go somewhere entirely else than the 9mm SigSauer hollow points you intend on carrying. Practise with the ammo you intend to carry.

In short:
- Get a Sig Sauer
- Steel frame, German production if you can
- 9mm, only .357 SIG if you can afford shooting at the range with it regularly and if your gun store actually carries it
- practise with the kind of ammo you'll carry
- carry hollow points because they are more accurate, fuck the intended target up better if it's not wearing kevlar and because you avoid overpenetration
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:43 am

Me IRL

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am
Listen to PAC because he's the only poster on DHI that isn't a /noguns/ faggot with no clue on this board besides me.
That's funny. Coming from a faggot who never went the army. :D
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 am
That's funny. Coming from a faggot who never went the army. :D
True, I've never "went the army". I've also handled more firearms that I would've in the Bundeswehr so there's that. The fact that you'd recommend an absolute piece of shit firearm like a Glock is proof enough that you either never handled one or that you're mentally challenged when it comes to firearms.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Oh, you are right. Bundeswehr can't be considered as a real army. How silly of me. :D

I'll elaborate my two cents: Glocks are good guns for carry. Light, reliable, easily manoeuvrable and use in fast situations. There are better guns for range toys for sure, and if you care about gun aesthetics or muh metal frames are so important, then it of course ain't for you.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Revolvers are good guns for carry. You can get them with the smooth hammer in a pretty small size, but with a decent punch. Carry guns tend to have more recoil and less weight because you spend most of your time carrying them. It's important they're not so heavy you're discouraged from carrying it, or so bulky you can't wear it in summer weather. Ruger makes some good carry pieces. I've not heard a good argument against carrying revolvers that wasn't an argument against a specific company being shit, like Taurus (which are mega shit, to be fair.) Rugers are overbuilt to fuck and perfectly fine.

Veris, Sig makes plenty of plastic and composite guns for carrying. They don't look like bricks of shit, they won't cut your palms with their rough edges and they're more accurate than a Glock, to boot. Glocks are overrated. If you shop used, you can get better guns for comparable prices.

Shoot whatever it is you do end up getting. Shoot it a lot and shoot it while wearing your carry rig. Practice drawing it in and out of your carry rig and shooting it that way.

I used to think you needed a metal frame for a pistol, but you don't. The same companies that make fantastic metal-frame guns like the P226, also make P250s, P365's etc. If you're going 9mm then you don't need the metal frame to reduce recoil anyway, because it's a fucking 9mm. If it were my decision, I'd go with either a carry revolver from Ruger (you can get some pretty small ones that still fire a decent round) or a carry pistol from Sig. Whatever you do get, make sure you hold one of the models you intend to get before buying it, even if you don't buy that particular gun.

There are a lot of budget pistols being made by companies that have sprung up over the past decade. Some of them have really good reputations. I'm not talking about fucking HiPoint, either. I'm talking about fully-featured semi-auto pistols that are getting rave reviews and not costing much because they're made using 3d printing technology and with other modern methods that keep costs down. I can't recommend any of these since I don't have a personal experience with them. All I can say is shop around and find people whose opinions you can trust if you decide to take a closer look at some of these. SCCY is one example.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:58 pm

The good ole DHI gun troll bait, just get whatever because you'll miss anyway.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:07 am

I'll admit I didn't realize until doing research that 9mm ammo has gotten a LOT better. You do want it to penetrate several inches in. Police are now phasing into those along with military.
Just keep in mind the value of training. Some loaded up PCP jagoff runs at you, only the forehead is where you can guaranter to hit the OFF button.

I heard good things about the SigSauer but I wanted to wait until the German contingent could conform or deny. A Taurus also isn't bad. You can get a hood one now for $200 bucks.
I'm still not a fan of Glocks but I guess it depends on the maker and aftermarket mods. Had a Mississippi SWAT officer tell me on Friday tell me he's fired about 1200 rounds from his personal one--without cleaning it--and yet to have a jam.

I think we can all agree that the best gun for you is the one you like the most. Go to a gun dealer near you. Most let you fire them on range for 10 bucks. Try out several models and see what you like before buying.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:56 pm
Oh, you are right. Bundeswehr can't be considered as a real army. How silly of me. :D
True. Part of the reason I wasn't too hot on ever joining them.
veris leta facies wrote:
I'll elaborate my two cents: Glocks are good guns for carry.
No, they are not.
veris leta facies wrote:
Light, reliable, easily manoeuvrable and use in fast situations.
Nice meme. I know absolutely no other gun manufacturer that is able to make 9mm semi-automatic pistols stove pipe as much as Glock. The only less reliable pistols I've ever seen handled or used myself are Desert Eagles in .50AE but that's a very special piece of impractical shit of it's own league.
Glocks are fairly unreliable for their price range, shaped impractically for concealed carry and offer absolutely nothing over other polymer guns, except a price that's too high, sights that are terrible and them being basically the VW Golf or Harley Davidson of guns - they are such absolute garbage in stock condition that the modding market for them is massive and they are basically a "minimum viable product" out of box.
Garbage!
veris leta facies wrote:
There are better guns for range toys for sure, and if you care about gun aesthetics or muh metal frames are so important, then it of course ain't for you.
There are better guns for absolutely everything.
Yes, I would actually go for metal frame because if you're only going to own a single gun it should be. You'll want to put a lot of rounds through it at the range so you can actually shoot and you'll want to carry some really warm rounds if you're going with 9mm. Fuck off with that "range toy" shit. That's where you'll be 99% of the time and you're not some Tier 1 Operator operating behind Jihadist lines, parachuting in and only carrying a pistol as a sidearm.
If you ever actually need to shoot that pistol is all you have and you want that thing to go through a magazine of +P++ defensive ammo in a few seconds aimed with usable sights.

You make it sound as if I'm recommending an 8" barrel revolver that's for hunting or sports. I'm just suggesting a first gun being one you can put a few thousand rounds through to learn how to shoot in the first place instead of wanting to save those few grams that I'd only recommend for people that can already shoot well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!