The Firearms Thread

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: The Firearms Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:45 am

Useless as long as all functionally important parts need to be steel still. If you've got all the non-3D printed stuff you need to build one, you already have a gun.
Not to mention that in nations where you can legally get one the ammunition is the more important part of the license.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:40 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:45 am
Useless as long as all functionally important parts need to be steel still. If you've got all the non-3D printed stuff you need to build one, you already have a gun.
Not to mention that in nations where you can legally get one the ammunition is the more important part of the license.
I see this as more for militia groups and terrorist cells. Legality isn't as much of a concern as availability, and the gun breaking down after a few thousand shots likewise isn't a concern. If you can make a few steel parts yourself, or buy them from someone off the books, then you can essentially manufacture fully-automatic firearms (which are illegal to own unless you have a loicense) as much as you want.

Sure, it's not really superior to a legal AR-15. The build quality is worse and it being fully-automatic isn't all that much of a benefit. Full auto is more of a movie meme. Most guns the military use fire in 2 or 3 shot bursts and they use LMGs for suppressive fire. But for terrorism, militia or combat against an oppressive regime, 3d printing could someday become very important.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:45 am
They've probably already 3D-printed bullets to go along with their 3D-printed guns. Just fill them with stuff from Polish firecrackers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:50 pm

My point is that this isn't an option for /noguns/ people. If SHTF getting a firearm won't be the most difficult thing and nobody gives a fuck about licenses. The benefit of being a legal gun owner in Germany for example is that you can stock up on ammunition. Good luck buying a couple of thousand rounds when shit's critical.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Wed May 06, 2020 3:26 am

Building me an Xm177 clone, good ol Nam rifle just bought the parts off of gunbroker, now I'm searching a lower receiver, think I'll go Colt since they are the original producers bit can be a bit pricey, going with a 16 inch barrel, I'm not paying no 200$ stamp tax thats for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 06, 2020 5:06 am

Oh now that's pretty nice! My knowledge is mostly handguns but I can really appreciate that. I'd actually want to see a range video of that when you're done.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed May 06, 2020 6:49 am

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:26 am
Building me an Xm177 clone, good ol Nam rifle just bought the parts off of gunbroker, now I'm searching a lower receiver, think I'll go Colt since they are the original producers bit can be a bit pricey, going with a 16 inch barrel, I'm not paying no 200$ stamp tax thats for sure.
Does Nodak still sell repo lowers for retro builds?

Also fuck the NFA and put whatever upper you want on that thing.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Wed May 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Not sure, seems like they do custom gun work judging from their website.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed May 06, 2020 4:50 pm

http://nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

Looks like you wait a while to order anything. I've never actually seen one of their repros, but was looking at one a few years ago when I wanted to build an A1 clone.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 06, 2020 5:36 pm

Wow, that's some expensive stuff!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!