Pumping iron

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Pumping iron

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:08 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:08 pm
I don't know what kind of muscle you're trying to gain/maintain and what kind of gym routine you have (if there is any) but I would think twice before installing any (relatively) serious equipment. If you've been doing fine without it, maybe you don't need it.
If he wants to get significantly stronger then the cage is absolutely necessary.
Milk isn't that nutrition rich and it (at least full fat ones) MAY increase various health risks (e.g. bone fracture, prostate cancer, lower testosterone) high milk consumption isn't a very good idea even if it's temporally.
SpoilerShow
Milk has a lot more sugar than people think. 1 Litre of milk is 100% of your daily sugar intake alone, anything else you eat will have a bit of sugar in it that will push you over the edge, including fruit.
That's not light weight at all. That may damage ordinary peoples knees/spines.
Yeah I remember people making fun of JFreedan doing that shit.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:05 am

GOMAD is really just for those malnourished fruity kids that don't eat enough to gain some mass quickly. It's not great but it works.

The hole point of moving was to have more space for shit like a cage. I'm currently pretty much at the limit of what I can do with dumbbells, especially concerning squats. Over the shoulders is shit and goblet squats strain the arms so much you never come close to your squatting limit.
Ain't no bitches staying at my place for longer than a night, especially not if they've got a problem with my Unabomber training equipment. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:35 am

Bitches love muscles, no matter what they say.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:14 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:25 am
I try and walk 8k every second day before the snow hits. Limb weights sound like a genius idea.
Seriously, don't go nuts. I was stupid about it for awhile and likely injured myself. Free weights only needs just a little resistance on the body to be effective.

If you did like, 1-5 lbs on each limb and 10 properly disperses on your torso, that should do it.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:06 pm

I benched a lot. At my fittest in 2009 (holy fuck... almost a decade) I weighed 60kg/132lbs and benched max 82,5kg/181lbs. I benched as much as my friend, whom was 85kg/187lbs. I was satisfied with myself then.

Then in 2011/2012 everything changed to shit. When I got my transplant February 2012, I weighed around 70kg/154lbs and hadn't really trained for years, since my bloodcount was low as fuck and I got tired from literally everything, including the pre-leukemia. After the transplant, I was 75kg/165lbs or something.

Then the new bonemarrow attacked me. So at around 2013 I weighed a bit over 50kg/110lbs. I was living on tomato-soup and cola. Absolutely NO training of any sort at this time. The months with shit-diarrhea took its toll...

Got supersick in September 2014. When I awoke from coma in mid November, I couldn't even lift an empty cola-bottle and I weighed 85kg/187lbs from all the medicine in my body and months in bed xD

So stuck in wheelchair until I realized that I actually got some strength from all the wheeling. So slowly from February 2016, I benched a bit and some other stuff with my arms. My goal for New Years 2017/2018 was to loose weight to under 80kg/176,37lbs. I weighed in on 79.9/176,15lbs lol :p

Then physical rehab from 2. January and six weeks. I got down to 75kg/165lbs and I benched 72.5kg/150lbs max. Now I'm at rehab again for 4 weeks. Too bad I was sick for 2.5 weeks, laying in bed for 2 weeks. Now I've gone from 58kg/128lbs, 8x4 reps to 48kg/106lbs, 6x4, which sucks balls :(

My goal when I get home is to be weighing under 70kg/154lbs (which I don't believe in, since I've been so fucking lazy this time...) and try to get to where I was in January bench-wise.

Also fuck pounds and lbs and all that shit. Go kilo or go homo.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 am

Auli wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:06 pm
Also fuck pounds and lbs and all that shit. Go kilo or go homo.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:05 am

Fuck yeah Auli. Where can I donate to your Patreon boss? :P

Stay well friend!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm
50-60 is excessive granted, I had those ridiculous wrist and ankle weights that clock in at like 10-15 and a vest that was 20.

This was my younger days.... I likely caused some lower back issues too, but I looked good. The back issues are why I stopped using a vest.

I'll be doing much less weight and better distribution this time around
Are you doing shit-up/crunch/back-extension or any exercise which involves bending spine? Those exercises can fuck up your back too. I feel, like, EWWW every time someone doing sit-ups like there is not tomorrow. Those exercises/machines are total cancer (well, at least for some people).

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm

And here I was wondering why sit-ups felt so shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:10 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:48 am
CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm
50-60 is excessive granted, I had those ridiculous wrist and ankle weights that clock in at like 10-15 and a vest that was 20.

This was my younger days.... I likely caused some lower back issues too, but I looked good. The back issues are why I stopped using a vest.

I'll be doing much less weight and better distribution this time around
Are you doing shit-up/crunch/back-extension or any exercise which involves bending spine? Those exercises can fuck up your back too. I feel, like, EWWW every time someone doing sit-ups like there is not tomorrow. Those exercises/machines are total cancer (well, at least for some people).
No no. But your spine compresses during the day while you're up and moving.

I would just wear extra weight on a walk or hike as I used to live in rural Ohio growing up.

More often than not I'd mess up my back without realizing it and suffered lower back pain later in life from a combination of things, but I just know I over did it.

I'm thankful I never joined the army, but I feel for them even a little seeing all the shit they carry for instance. Like, their own body weight in gear for miles.