Great meals you just had

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman

Re: Great meals you just had

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

I've seen some in the zoo once.
My armour is Contempt. My shield is Disgust. My sword is Hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive!

Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Peking duck. I get to have that once a year, meeting some relatives. Always very nice.
My armour is Contempt. My shield is Disgust. My sword is Hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 pm

I found a block of basically raw bacon I was preparing in the depth of fridge. I completely forgot it's existence for 3 months and now it's a completely dried up solid brick.
To turn it into a true bacon block, I have to re-hydrate and reduce the salt kahntent before smoking because it's too salty as it is (10% salt) ,but it seems too bricky, guess turning into home made bouillon with food processor might be a better idea.

Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:52 pm

It didn't lie in the fridge open, did it?

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:28 am

Actual lee temperature doesn't affect that much because those micro-whatever can't survive in very high salt (or sugar, vinegar, etc) environment. The meat simply can't rot as a result. You still have to be careful of mold/humidity though. Fridge is handy because the air inside is dry, but you can just hang the meat somewhere dry-ish instead (and that's more traditional/proper way to make).