Weather

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Weather

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 am

I've been told that the amount of fossil fuels needed to build, transport, assemble, and maintain a wind turbine could produce more electricity than the turbine ever will over the course of its lifetime.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:51 am

We're gonna teach the goyim a lesson about carbon emissions by letting them freeze to death.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:58 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 am
I've been told that the amount of fossil fuels needed to build, transport, assemble, and maintain a wind turbine could produce more electricity than the turbine ever will over the course of its lifetime.
I remember they built tonnes of those damn things somewhere up north. Never heard about them since. We have so much hydro-electricity we have to sell it off to America for cheap. The only thing wrong with our electric system is our poor tree maintenance. Windstorm? a dozen trees come down and put the power out in multiple sections.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:49 am

Wind turbines are the biggest scam ever. It's always windy here and our land is flat, those fucking things are everywhere but whenever you see 20 or so of them you have maybe five of them running.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:12 am

Nuclear power has been the answer for generations, but because it sounds scary, people refuse to adopt it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 am

Guess this is goodbye again. Reliant sent me a text saying they're going to turn the power off again. It went off at 2:30 am central time yesterday, so I guess I have fifteen more minutes.

Weather has gotten better, snow and ice is melting, but somehow the Mexican-built powerplants aren't working so we're rationing power like it's the USSR circa 1990. Or North Korea. Guess Biden was right about us having a Dark Winter.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:23 am

Hope you get the sweet release you deserve guestfag. In Ohio we call this weather Feburary.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:45 am

Biden takes office.
Worst ice storm in 50 years or more hits the USA
Coincidence?

(You just know that if Trump was president still, the media would be falling over themselves to blame the ice storm on him SOMEhow.)
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:08 am

According to the local news, the organization in charge of making sure the plants were winter hardened (ERCOT?) got scared of the coof and instead of actually inspecting them like they were supposed to just called up random places and asked lackies if everything was cool.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:16 am

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather ... -will-end/
A big winter storm in 2011 also knocked power generators offline and prompted rolling blackouts in the state. Lawmakers conducted hearings and demanded changes to prevent similar problems.

Glenn Hegar, a Republican state senator at the time, authored a bill — which became law — that requires the state to track and report how well prepared the state’s electric grid is for extreme weather.

“When I passed this legislation, it was intended to identify the mistakes made in 2011 and ensure that our power grid, including our generation capacity, was prepared for winter weather emergencies,” Hegar, who is now state comptroller, said in a written statement. “While the issues that are plaguing our electric grid system in this disastrous winter storm are complex, I am extremely frustrated that 10 years later our electric grid remains so ill-equipped for these weather events.”

He said the first priority is restoring power to all Texans. After that, he said, “we must address why, after 10 years have passed, are we in a worse position today than in 2011. Why are certain areas going without power for two days or longer, while other areas have successfully navigated through rolling blackouts, or never experience power outages at all? The most pressing question is what can Texas do in the 21st century to ensure that our grid doesn’t experience these issues again?”

The state is also required to review plans that power generators submit on how they’ll withstand extreme heat or cold. But those plans are voluntary, not required. ERCOT reviews about 100 of those plans each year, Woodfin said Tuesday. Usually the reviews are in person, but they weren’t this past year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Somebody's already resigned or about to, I heard. I dunno. Libs are already blaming Republicans for this fuckup and making it all political. I'm counting down the hours until Orange Man gets blamed somehow.

ERCOT has no idea when this will end, only that it will outlast the winter storm which should be fully gone in a couple days. This country is so fucked if cold weather can kill it so easily.