Musicians and such

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: Musicians and such

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm

I prefer it when metal goes more towards blues than anything else. But I can hardly call myself a metal fan when most of the metal I listen to is from the 60s and 70s.

This is still my favorite song.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 pm

I prefer when my metal goes down roads like this. Then again I have a strange love affair with violins and other similar instruments. I'll never learn to play them but I absolutely love the sounds the produce.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 am

Alright taste but this:
Stranger wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 pm
Metal bands going into experimental stuff makes perfect sense. Metal is pretty samey and requires a high level of ability to play consistently well (just like, say, bluegrass). Taking that raw talent and translating it into another genre, particularly any form of jazz or heavier blues, makes perfect sense as it lets them use their full talent in a creative way that doesn't burn them out.
is just about the gayest shit I've ever read.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 am
Alright taste but this:
Stranger wrote:
Metal bands going into experimental stuff makes perfect sense. Metal is pretty samey and requires a high level of ability to play consistently well (just like, say, bluegrass). Taking that raw talent and translating it into another genre, particularly any form of jazz or heavier blues, makes perfect sense as it lets them use their full talent in a creative way that doesn't burn them out.
Okay.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Alright taste but this:
Stranger wrote:
I mean Stranger isn't wrong, that fgt :P, you can turn anything metal by giving it distortion and a heavy hitting bass drum and crash cymbal.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:57 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Alright taste but this:
Stranger wrote:
I mean Stranger isn't wrong, that fgt :P, you can turn anything metal by giving it distortion and a heavy hitting bass drum and crash cymbal.
SEE:

I also highly recommend you watch the followup, "Surf Music *With* Distortion."

Metal is all about the effects.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am

Music is about the way it sounds? Holy shit, what a revelation!
Surf has also always been metal as fuck.

The gay shit is specifically the line "Taking that raw talent" which sounds like a particularly cheesy infomertial.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am
You want to talk about gay shit then you should talk about how gay it is to generalize this much.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:28 am

Stranger wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 am
You want to talk about gay shit then you should talk about how gay it is to generalize this much.
That's what it boils down to, unless you're beyond pretentious. Music is about what it sounds like. How you achieve that is utterly unimportant. You may think that it's a big deal, you're mistaken. Nobody gives the slightest of fucks how hard the brush strokes were on Sternennacht.
http://welt-der-wunder.s3.eu-central-1. ... 150720.jpg
How hard is the tapping on Thunderstruck? How difficult is Misirlou? What techniques are used? Doesn't matter at all.
What does the song sound like and what's the Zeitgeist. That's all that counts in reality.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:05 pm
PS: Musicians are stupid faggots full of themselves.
I stand by that.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!