Musicians and such

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Stranger

Re: Musicians and such

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:32 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:22 pm
Chick who did DF cheated? Sounds like she's doing her best to me.
Her best is to play the song slower and speed it up. Some dudes sperged out and figured out she does sections about 20% faster at certain parts as well as deceptive editing to hide that it's segmented.

Even if you're just a normie viewer you can clearly see unnatural head, hair, bracelet, and necklace movements (I forget if she was actually wearing a necklace or not, though). Within the first minute you start seeing it and it doesn't stop.

The problem is she's clearly talented and clearly going somewhere with that talent but instead of waiting until she could nail it she rushed out the song while it was still relevant and now it's forever out there as something that she cheated to complete.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 pm

I didn't mean I hate Steve Vai as a person, I just dislike his music. :mrgreen: Yngwie is Yngwie, he considers himself as a new Bach or something. I appreciate the fact that he pioneered the neoclassical heavy metal genre, but I never really got into his corny power ballads. I haven't heard much of Pagan's Mind but I'm aware of Lofstad and his tapping skillz, he is one of the top guys in his scene for sure.

Haven't you Stranger linked already that DragonForce vid here? I dislike the band, the song and Tina S, but I don't think that's speeded up. There are several takes for sure and I don't think the audio track is from what we see in the vid, but speeded up? No.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:20 pm

I may have? I don't remember. But the video is definitely sped up. If you can't see it then you aren't even looking at the video.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:10 pm

I saw Dragon Force in 2007. Those guys are legit hack frauds.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 am

Oh, you mean the Guitar Hero band?
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:10 pm
I saw Dragon Force in 2007. Those guys are legit hack frauds.
They booze way too much before shows. I've seen... what's his name... Herman Li or something? Anyway I've seen him when he's sober and he's not actually terrible at guitar then but they basically drink themselves into a coma before they get up on stage every show. It's hilarious.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 am
They were a literal meme band. At best they were a novelty when that song came out, but when every single damn song sounded the same because they were playing too fast all the time they got stale very quick. Though really, playing Power Metal at an obnoxious speed is how they got popular in the first place so without it they would be Generic Euro Power Metal Band 102894.
veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Right-o. I've been playing guitar longer than I can remember and played +100 gigs with several different bands. Many kinds of music, started with black and death metal, then thrash metal, then hard rock, then more bluesy rock and finally prog rock, the development has been more and more towards softer stuff (aging and declining testosterone level?).
Yeah, I'm getting into more proggy stuff lately too. It's not so much that I don't care for faster thrash since I still love it and all, but the older you get the more you get into more experimental stuff.

I kinda knew this would happen though, when I was at a Maiden concert 7 years ago some older guys in bands in their 30s joked "you doing Jazz Fusion too", "Yep". Alex Skolnick did that Jazz trio thing when he left Testament and Dave Lombardo got trained in Jazz drumming, can any of you guys confirm if that is a thing for ageing metal musicians who didn't make it too?
The tracks that have had the biggest impact on my playing during the years are Jason Becker's Perpetual Burn, Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover and Paul Gilbert's Technical Difficulties. Also special mention to Megadeth's Rust in Peace album, a real gem of a metal guitaring fest, love that Effelson's bass tone, riffing in Holy Wars, Friedman's solo in Tornado of Souls <3.
DHI continues to have brilliant taste, especially the bolded part which is the best album of all time.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:39 am
They were a literal meme band. At best they were a novelty when that song came out, but when every single damn song sounded the same because they were playing too fast all the time they got stale very quick. Though really, playing Power Metal at an obnoxious speed is how they got popular in the first place so without it they would be Generic Euro Power Metal Band 102894.
veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Right-o. I've been playing guitar longer than I can remember and played +100 gigs with several different bands. Many kinds of music, started with black and death metal, then thrash metal, then hard rock, then more bluesy rock and finally prog rock, the development has been more and more towards softer stuff (aging and declining testosterone level?).
Yeah, I'm getting into more proggy stuff lately too. It's not so much that I don't care for faster thrash since I still love it and all, but the older you get the more you get into more experimental stuff.

I kinda knew this would happen though, when I was at a Maiden concert 7 years ago some older guys in bands in their 30s joked "you doing Jazz Fusion too", "Yep". Alex Skolnick did that Jazz trio thing when he left Testament and Dave Lombardo got trained in Jazz drumming, can any of you guys confirm if that is a thing for ageing metal musicians who didn't make it too?
The tracks that have had the biggest impact on my playing during the years are Jason Becker's Perpetual Burn, Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover and Paul Gilbert's Technical Difficulties. Also special mention to Megadeth's Rust in Peace album, a real gem of a metal guitaring fest, love that Effelson's bass tone, riffing in Holy Wars, Friedman's solo in Tornado of Souls <3.
DHI continues to have brilliant taste, especially the bolded part which is the best album of all time.
Maiden is my all time favorite band, but even they are going off into experimental stuff. The riffs they've been writing over Final Frontier and Book of Souls have some very non metal stuff in them. I love it.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Metal bands going into experimental stuff makes perfect sense. Metal is pretty samey and requires a high level of ability to play consistently well (just like, say, bluegrass). Taking that raw talent and translating it into another genre, particularly any form of jazz or heavier blues, makes perfect sense as it lets them use their full talent in a creative way that doesn't burn them out.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Stranger wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:25 pm
Metal bands going into experimental stuff makes perfect sense. Metal is pretty samey and requires a high level of ability to play consistently well (just like, say, bluegrass). Taking that raw talent and translating it into another genre, particularly any form of jazz or heavier blues, makes perfect sense as it lets them use their full talent in a creative way that doesn't burn them out.
If anything, you can make anything seem metal by cranking the distortion and using low tunings.

Kinda played out, but a good example, Dream Theater''s Scenes From A Memory. It sounds pretty jazz if you think about it, but the way they play it sounds metal.