Musicians and such

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Musicians and such

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm
If you learn basic editing software and how to use a MIDI controller, just hit record and organize and chop up the tracks as you see fit. There's some awesome electronic music now.
*Urge to mention Vocaloids rises*
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Vocaloids legitimately freak me out. Serious uncanny valley crap whenever I hear one.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm

The official Hatsune Miku voicebank is hilarious. I've heard people get more natural English out of her Glorious Nihon voicebank.

(An example of the latter.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 am
I play electric guitar badly.
Same here. Just very badly. I don't think I've even played in the last four to five years. I'm sure that I could play Ironman still. :lol:
Oh and the tapping intro to Thunderstruck. A friend of mine was super proud of himself to be able to do that. Dunno why as it's super easy.

PS: Musicians are stupid faggots full of themselves.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:13 pm

PS: Musicians are stupid faggots full of themselves.
^ Absolutely. Myself included. Now worship meeee. :D
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Right-o. I've been playing guitar longer than I can remember and played +100 gigs with several different bands. Many kinds of music, started with black and death metal, then thrash metal, then hard rock, then more bluesy rock and finally prog rock, the development has been more and more towards softer stuff (aging and declining testosterone level?). The tracks that have had the biggest impact on my playing during the years are Jason Becker's Perpetual Burn, Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover and Paul Gilbert's Technical Difficulties. Also special mention to Megadeth's Rust in Peace album, a real gem of a metal guitaring fest, love that Effelson's bass tone, riffing in Holy Wars, Friedman's solo in Tornado of Souls <3. For some reason I've always hated Steve Vai, great technique but I just can't stand his melodies.

For a long time I wasn't that interested in music theory, but lately the book Harmony and Voice Leading by Aldwell and Schachter has become one of my favourite books. I've also started to be interested in composing electronic music and have been practicing the use of Ableton and FL Studio, but there's so much to learn it's quite intimidating.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:49 pm
Right-o. I've been playing guitar longer than I can remember and played +100 gigs with several different bands. Many kinds of music, started with black and death metal, then thrash metal, then hard rock, then more bluesy rock and finally prog rock, the development has been more and more towards softer stuff (aging and declining testosterone level?). The tracks that have had the biggest impact on my playing during the years are Jason Becker's Perpetual Burn, Eric Johnson's Cliffs Of Dover and Paul Gilbert's Technical Difficulties. Also special mention to Megadeth's Rust in Peace album, a real gem of a metal guitaring fest, love that Effelson's bass tone, riffing in Holy Wars, Friedman's solo in Tornado of Souls <3. For some reason I've always hated Steve Vai, great technique but I just can't stand his melodies.

For a long time I wasn't that interested in music theory, but lately the book Harmony and Voice Leading by Aldwell and Schachter has become one of my favourite books. I've also started to be interested in composing electronic music and have been practicing the use of Ableton and FL Studio, but there's so much to learn it's quite intimidating.
Nice. My teacher met Steve Vai a couple times. He's a good guy, not a prick like Yngwie lol. I don't like his melodies either.

A player with amazing tone, melody, and no ego is Jorn Viggo Lofstad. He playing in Pagans Mind and solo are worth checking out. It's like Jeff Beck and EVH had a baby.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Speaking of musicians with talent and no ego, let's go down the road of youtube cover artists who cheat and get almost 20m views and people still demand proof that they've cheated even though it's blatantly obvious:

I could care less about what song you cover. If you can't do it in one take and you can't play it at full speed then don't cover the damn song.

Oh, and to top it all off, no real emotion makes for an extremely boring player. Smile, or something. Music isn't meant to just be something you do. It's meant to be something you feel and experience.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:09 pm

There's some Hue metal guitar player on YT who made stuff like playing the entire Reign in Blood album in one take.
Maybe not a fantastic player but he was jamming to it and everything. He clearly enjoyed that shit.

But being a young girl cheating at playing mediocre trash that's best known for being the hardest song on fucking Guitar Hero get dem clicks.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Chick who did DF cheated? Sounds like she's doing her best to me.