Musicians and such

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Musicians and such

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Stranger wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:43 pm
Managing people is stressful enough. Now put 3-5 undeserved egos in a room together to organize sound, and you've got a true hell.

My favorite were the players who can't admit when they don't know something, pretend they can do it, then deflect and project their anger when they can't deliver.

Humility is valuable.
I learned, early on, that there's always someone better. I learned it from a single semester High School guitar class taught by the band teacher. He taught us humility before he taught us anything else and I respect that man greatly for it.

But to expand on your favorite thing, there, I agree with you. My other favorites are the people who lead a band and ask you to do something you clearly can't do and then get upset with you when you try, anyway, and it doesn't turn out well even though you were doing the best you could, at the time.
Had that happen far too many times when I first started playing Bass and wasn't quite comfortable doing fills and got humiliated multiple times by the same guy when he'd ask me to do something complicated, tell me to just try it before I complained, then made comments about how bad I was at it like I wasn't doing the best I could given my skill level and how new the whole experience was for me.
My first teacher beat into me that there are monsters out there as well. There are fucking 6 year olds out there right now playing complex shit that takes years to master.

My first band had that kind of leader. He'd exoect you to do stuff he couldn't do himself, and yet expected me to. It's like dude, write the part you want, make sure you can play it, then give it to me.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:44 pm

I learned to play the harmonica before realizing too late it's utterly useless. Now I just play with myself.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:44 pm
I learned to play the harmonica before realizing too late it's utterly useless. Now I just play with myself.
But you can emulate such famous harmonica players as! ....er... Ozzy Osborne? That guy from Blues Traveler? Ozzy?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 am

I play electric guitar badly.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 am

Guest wrote:
It'll come in handy the day you're thrown into an old timey jail cell.

I have a guitar that a family member bought me years ago that I never used. I wanted to try making music on my computer because it looked fun but never bothered because I exclusively use an old laptop and I don't think a Core2Duo would cut it these days.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 am

Guest wrote:
As a primarily vocalist I can tell you that harmonicas are actually amazing when used sparingly and used appropriately.

The problem is sparingly is, "almost never," and appropriately is, "only in a specific genre of music."
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 am
I play electric guitar badly.
Your acoustic playing is pretty gay too. So much so that you bawleeted the video from your channel so I can't use that cringeworthy DHI song you did years ago against you.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:48 am

lel
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:13 am

Stranger wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 am
Guest wrote:
As a primarily vocalist I can tell you that harmonicas are actually amazing when used sparingly and used appropriately.

The problem is sparingly is, "almost never," and appropriately is, "only in a specific genre of music."
They were pretty neat in that last song of that last Bowie album.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 am
Guest wrote:
It'll come in handy the day you're thrown into an old timey jail cell.

I have a guitar that a family member bought me years ago that I never used. I wanted to try making music on my computer because it looked fun but never bothered because I exclusively use an old laptop and I don't think a Core2Duo would cut it these days.
If you learn basic editing software and how to use a MIDI controller, just hit record and organize and chop up the tracks as you see fit. There's some awesome electronic music now.

Though, I find many of the solo people are creativity stunted after a bit because they have no one to work off of.