The History of DHI

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
pibbs

Re: The History of DHI

Post by pibbs » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:14 am

pibbs wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:13 am
This is good stuff.
But who the fuck are ebeeto, assiman, and Monty?
TGWTG contributors?
What was their kahntent?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 am

pibbs wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:13 am
This is good stuff.
But who the fuck are ebeeto and Monty?
TGWTG contributors?
What was their kahntent?
Monty was some teen british kid who ran the first version of DHI. Ebeeto was a gaming youtuber who was relevant in 2007 for doing parodies of angry reviewers:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Ebeeto

Monty wanted him and UrinatingTree on his new site and for some reason they said yes. He was a mod on some old forum Ebeeto and UrinatingTree had so they probably thought "eh why not".

They were known for not making any content for the site, probably because they gave no fucks what some british teenager had to say.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:26 am

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 am
Duwango wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:50 am
Didn't Assiman ragequit around the time Gamergate became a thing in like mid 2014 or so? Regardless of what Kugelnigger said I'm still vaguely interested in that topic.
Yep, got triggered hard at people hating SJWs and lashed out at others like a belligerent asswipe. I got tired of his shit and fired back at him since others seemed clearly worried about his oldfag status. It was funny how everyone else avoided the shitfight me and him had in that thread on 2.0, it was like you were all watching two parents fight :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Once someone was as abrasive to him as he was to others he ran off. It pissed me off because when I originally lashed out at sociologists after watching the Brainwash Norway documentary he kept dismissing it like an asshole with his head in the sand. I tried very hard to be reasonable with him but he acted like a belligerent dickhead, to the point where when I looked back at it I looked like fucking Bernie. I remembered that when he lashed out again and realised you can't be calm and reasonable with him when it comes to that shit.
I seem to recall sending Assiman a friend invite on Steam, since he was already being shittalked on 2.0 and I was curious to personally chat with him myself. Sure enough he left like two to three paragraphs of sheer schizophrenia, accusing me of being a relentless stalker despite me not ever directly interacting with him prior to that. So yeah, I'm not really surprised he took the pussy way out in the long run. :lol:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Essentially nothing.

Ebeeto used to make videos, but even during the 1.0 era he had pretty much stopped.

Monty wrote articles for the website, mostly based off of the Cracked model.

Nobody on DHI cared about anything except sperging over e-celebs. But Monty had some vision that the website could be Cracked 2.0 instead.

I was almost positive Poonoo was a mod in those days, but whatever. He should have been one.

I always got on fine with assiman. He had a sense of humor that I miss sometimes. I suppose I got along better with him because he was a shitlib too. It was a shame he got triggered so hard by gaymergate. He couldn't take people shitting on liberals, even though it was obvious to everyone GG was a fad and SJWs are fucking retarded even by shitlib standards.

Oh and if you think assiman was a shitlib, Ebeeto was WAY worse.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm

I guest post because I don't feel like logging in but, anyway-- On 2.0 I didn't join when Assiman was a thing but I remember laughing pretty hard when I found the post where he left.

I didn't see the stuff before it but it pretty much read out as, "I'm sick of this, I'm drawing a line, don't cross it or I'm out," and then someone, of course, crossed it just to piss him off and he actually went through with his threat to leave.

Say what you will about how easily rustled his jimmies were but I have mad respect for someone who says they'll leave if _____ happens and then actually follows through.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm

That's to be expected. Ebeeto is a Swede after all. Isn't or wasn't he a teacher? I remember reading something along those lines on his twitter. Nigger never had a chance.
I came along when Assiman was pretty much gone already. I believe sometime during his last ten or so posts. What really made him flip was people talking about Uncle Linky's sexlife, insinuating that Iron Liz was a tranny. He really, really hated that. If he had been around during the Cockslut revelation he would've fucking nuked everything.

It's pretty funny to imagine what would've happened if 1.0 didn't vanish. Ebeeto is likely a goon now and UT is clearly /ourguy/. They wouldn't get along even remotely.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm
That's to be expected. Ebeeto is a Swede after all.
He also drew the header for ChibiFighter/ChibiUFO's twitter.

Pen Pal

Post by Pen Pal » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:13 pm

I'll list off the stuff that I can recall from lurking 2.0.

I vaguely remember Poonoo mentioning to Joe Roscoe how his necrobumping of old threads on 2.0 helped to keep the forum alive.

When Guru Larry showed up on 2.0 he initially acted like a cunt and on one occasion he edited a rage post that rabidtittac managed to quote before it was edited. Poonoo and Assiman enjoyed scaring him off at times by mentioning his history of editing/writing articles on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Rapeculture became a mod after referring to rabidtictac on 2.0 as "Frothy Breath Mint"

I remember that Assiman permanently rage-quit 2.0 after people were talking shit about vegans being a bunch of faggots. Judging by how much of a faggot he was, I can only assume that his car bumper looked like this:
https://i.imgur.com/Ez72XeE.jpg

My favorite memory on 2.0 was probably the thread for the documentary Brainwash, which Poonoo mentioned in this thread already. It's a great documentary that shows how people are affected more by their genetics while trying to get different viewpoints from those that feel humans are more affected by genetics or by their social environment. Most of the time, the social scientists scoffed at the information presented that goes against their research. I watched it last year, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy on what exactly happens.

Here's a link to the documentary on YouTube with English subtitles:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 178o8CDPnv
There are some spelling and grammatical inconsistencies throughout and the last episode has the subtitles hard-coded and cuts off at the end. There's another upload of that episode without subtitles that doesn't cutoff and includes a translation of the dialogue at the end in the video description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622hRSYvUOs
SpoilerShow
The version with English subtitles stops abruptly, but this is what you'll be missing right at the very end: Harald (the inquisitor) says that he would have hoped that academia would be more open to new ideas, like the doctor who helped Victor; he changed his mind/ideas when they didn't correlate with reality and tried to correct that. Most people are unwilling to do that. And Knut Olav replies that unfortunately higher education and universities are just as irrational and filled with power struggles as most other areas in life. Harald replies; I think maybe I've been a bit naive. - Yes, i think maybe you have, Knut Olav answers.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:12 pm

I lurked on 2.0 and briefly guest posted on 3.0 under a stupid alias.

I remember that 2.0 Spoony thread and it almost hitting 1000 pages...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 pm

That Spoony thread helped me through dark ti... nah, I can't type that with a straight face.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette