Las Vegas shooting! Who to blame?

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
BenComicGraphics

Re: Las Vegas shooting! Who to blame?

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 am

THe press like words like "silencers" and "Semi-Automatic" because it has the word "Automatic" and movies taught us silencers make guns sound like flea farts.

I've had to explain to someone that semi-automatic literally means "For ever trigger pull, one bullet comes out". The Semi-automatic part is the gun self-cocks after every shot. And silencers... guns are still loud as all fuck. Like, seriously... the only reason you'd use a suppressor(the proper name) is so you don't have to wear hearing protection at the range. That's exactly what they're designed for, and exactly what they do. You can still hear suppressed gunshot 100 yards away and it still sounds like a gunshot.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm

What, you mean I can't just jimmy together a silencer out of some tin cans and it make my gunshot sound completely muffled? :roll:

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm

In England it''s considered polite to use a suppressor.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 pm
Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:50 pm

When was the last time a knife killed 58 people in 15 minutes?
Cars? Bombs? I suppose they don't have those in yurope.
I didn't ask about cars or bombs (or trucks for that matter) because yes, I know this can kill as many people as automatic weapons in short spans of time. I asked about knives.
There was that case of a killer in China killings a lot of of people with a knife, i remember he killed a lot of people before he was killed
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Charlar wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Cars? Bombs? I suppose they don't have those in yurope.
I didn't ask about cars or bombs (or trucks for that matter) because yes, I know this can kill as many people as automatic weapons in short spans of time. I asked about knives.
There was that case of a killers in China killings a lot of of people with a knife, i remember he killed a lot of people before they was killed
FTFY

"A group of knife-wielding men attacked a train station..."
"Four of the attackers were also shot dead and only one was captured alive after the mayhem..."
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Who cares? They're just chinks. It's not like we're gonna run out of them any time soon.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:20 am

It's funny because it's true.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:39 pm
Hair trigger sounds like something for pussies who are afraid to hurt their fingers.
It's just a term for "trigger with a very low pressure required to activate once cocked". Take a screwdriver, open your gun. The trigger mechanism isn't really a complicated thing. To simplify it, the hammer is tensioned by a spring, that tension is built up by pulling the trigger, more and more the further the hammer goes back and finally it'll pop of the edge it's been resting on and propelled forward by said spring.
Get a lighter spring (usually a leaf spring, not the curly ones) and you have yourself a lighter trigger. Thing is, the lighter the spring the less force the hammer hits with the lighter primers you need to use for the ammunition to even go off.

There is no good reason to have a very light trigger in a weapon you'd carry. Even fairly hard triggers like those on service pistols like the German police carry is really, really easy to pull if you draw and need to shoot a fucker.
What you do need a light trigger for is target shooting. At 25 meters it matters a whole lot if you hit the bottle cap sized 10 or not. The less you need to build up pressure on the trigger before the gun fires, the less you'll move it. A few millimeters of barrel movement result in multiple centimeters at that range. That's why there's a minimum force to pull the trigger demanded and controlled in large calibre competitive shooting.

You should try a 50 meter small calibre freehand pistol at some point. The triggers are electric and take no force at all to pull.
http://201540.bmite.net/media/catalog/p ... 3ecd_1.jpg
50 Meters is a crazy distance for a pistol, especially since the target is fairly small. With a hard trigger, even two-handed, you're unlikely to even hit the target anywhere unless you're a natural talent like I am or have had lots of training, let alone well enough to compete in olympic games.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:51 pm

50 meters is pretty damn good for a pistol. But I'd never carry anything with a light trigger pull, as you said. All the accidental fires I've seen were due to a hair trigger. Fuck that shit. I'd never trust a hair trigger. I saw a hair trigger gun go off when somebody set it down on the fucking stand. Just 'cause they bumped the stock a bit.

DAO with a long pull is godlike imo.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome