Spirits

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: Spirits

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:05 am

You ever drink brandy? Of all the spirits, it's by far my favorite. Ouzu was fun... Once. Now I can't drink it again. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:19 am
Fernet Branca? Some say it has magical powers. :lol:
The same, the other brands I tried were cheaper but also shittier.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:05 am
You ever drink brandy? Of all the spirits, it's by far my favorite. Ouzu was fun... Once. Now I can't drink it again. :D
Never liked brandy. Ouzo is another spirit I can't stand. Just like really anything with an anis or liquorice flavour in terms of spirits.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 pm

I had a great time drinking Ouzu... Once. But the anise flavor gets into your pores and after that, Ouzu tastes like vomit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:13 pm
I had a great time drinking Ouzu... Once. But the anise flavor gets into your pores and after that, Ouzu tastes like vomit.
The greatest joy is when the next morning comes, you're impossibly hung over and brush your teeth. The peppermint flavour of tooth paste reacts in an...interesting way.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 pm

I decided to give the White Russian another try. Perhaps for meme reasons but also because I never made one with the traditional ingredients.

So I fetched Khalúa, a vodka I also like neat (Baikal but Svedka would also work nicely) and got cream and milk to use half and half.
So, into a tumbler there goes ice, one part Kahlúa, two parts Baikal, half a part each of heavy cream and whole milk. Stir it and you're done.

It's dangerously delicious! Very odd as well.
It smells nothing like alcohol. Just cream. It tastes like an iced coffee that is low on coffee, then the crisp vodka comes up and disappears again.
But it does feel a whole lot like drinking straight, hard liquor.

I've never had a cocktail that tastes so little like alcohol but hits about as hard as straight vodka at the same time.
My favourite cocktail is the Painkiller. And while that one is easy to drink, it tastes like juice and rum. Not surprising, as it's basically just a more sophisticated Piña Colada.

But this is pure danger! Don't get me wrong, you absolutely get the vodka. So much so, you could get it's tasting notes. But only for a moment and if you chose one that doesn't have too much sweetness (Stoli and Grey Goose come to mind) or a lot of malty grain (Absolut and Nemirov for example) it just comes and goes and prevents it from tasting too much like a milkshake with one shot of espresso in it.
It's quite sweet as well, which is due to that lactose and the sugar of the Kahlúa and also why I suggest a vodka that doesn't taste sweet. That's also likely why it delivers as hard as straight up shots of vodka. Or because it goes down so easily.

Now excuse me, I'll have to play some SoR4 and get fucked up.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:13 pm

Oh shit, a White Russian sounds so fucking good right now. First thing I'll do after moving into my new place is mix myself up one.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:58 pm

It's nice and easy as well. No shaker, just build it in the glass.
The Dude prefers half and half and I'd say that's spot on. Just cream is too fat, just milk too skinny.

Anyway, you didn't mention that you were moving before. Someone found out you live in a storage unit? :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:58 pm
It's nice and easy as well. No shaker, just build it in the glass.
The Dude prefers half and half and I'd say that's spot on. Just cream is too fat, just milk too skinny.

Anyway, you didn't mention that you were moving before. Someone found out you live in a storage unit? :lol:
Lol nah, from May to September, I was living with my niece and her boyfriend. They had been behind on billth since my sister evicted them from her place. I was trying to help them get caught up and actually learn how to fucking handle money, but they're hopeless for now. I came to learn that the boyfriend is a paycheck to paycheck asshole who is constantly asking his granny to bail him out of financial trouble, and I saw myself becoming granny 2.0 if I'd stayed there much longer. I hit the bricks and moved back into my hobo van for a bit until January, when it started getting cold. I've been at a motel since then, but I check out Monday since I have the apartment now.

My sister told me the other day that my niece and her boyfriend had to use their income tax refund to pay February rent, and this month, they asked my sister to pay March's rent in full. She didn't.

They both have jobs, they should be able to make it on their own. This is a fucking joke, one that I fail to get.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:06 am

And what the fuck are you doing living with them, in a van and then in a motel?
You wonder how they don't take monetary advice from a former bum that then lived in a storage unit and then was crashing at their place? Nigger, you can't be serious!

1. You have a steady job. Get your fucking shit together!

2. Get you motherfucking affairs in fucking order!

Fucking Hell! I tease you about your former bum shit and you hit me with white_trash.txt.

Buy an apartment! Same cost as renting one but it's yours. You can eventually rent it out or sell it. Who cares?! But it's money you get back!

Fucking Hell, I do need to come visit, don't I? You're being clowned on.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!