People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 am

We never had a power outage for even an hour.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:38 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 am
What the fuck?!? :lol:

Granted, it's somewhat rare we get them... But we still have 2-3 months per year where our storms are severe enough to knock down trees and power lines.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:38 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 am
What the fuck?!? :lol:

Granted, it's somewhat rare we get them... But we still have 2-3 months per year where our storms are severe enough to knock down trees and power lines.
Euros don't have huge storms with powerful winds, I think. I remember a colleague of mine whose sister was married to an Irish dude who then came to visit and was scared by one of our typical summer storms that knock down trees and power lines.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:27 pm

We have next to no overland power lines and this has always been a stormy region.
When in middle Germany trains derail and cities get devastated, that's just a mildly windy autumn day to us and fuckall happens. Some trees get wrecked but that's about it. Everything here is built for storms.

I have never seen anything even close to powerlines. There are none within kilometres of cities and I'd be mighty impressed by trees that tall as our powerlines are those massive things as tall as wind wheels.

I have experienced power outages lasting longer than five minutes exactly twice in my entire life.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Le Redditeur wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:21 pm
Euros don't have huge storms with powerful winds, I think.
We usually don't have tornados but we have storms. I just don't see how one could possibly wreck a high voltage power line.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:15 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:19 am
It was out for around 10 hours for me. Got me thinking about what would happen if the power outage was for days rather than hours.
I went two weeks once after a hurricane. It was boring as hell and I had to write my epic erotic fan fiction by candlelight like a pilgrim, but it wasn't awful. Of course, there was power in the city so groceries and stuff could still be found. There wasn't a fanatic german attempting to kill us all because of some bizarre obsession with Malthusian economics.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:47 pm

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
We usually don't have tornados but we have storms. I just don't see how one could possibly wreck a high voltage power line.
We also don't have a shit-tier grid where local blackouts are all too eager to take multiple states with them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 am

I mean, last time we had a huge storm around here, a big tree on my street got entirely uprooted by the wind. It was quite a feat, specially because our neighborhood is on the lower part of a valley, so strong winds usually pass above us and do less damage.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:58 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
We also don't have a shit-tier grid where local blackouts are all too eager to take multiple states with them.
Speak for youselves, you obviously haven't lived in a greek island. :lol:

And that "I think" is the key word. We do have storms that lead to massive floods though.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow