People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
rabidtictac

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:27 am

Credo in Deum wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 am
It's gonna become better over time obviously with technology.
Maybe it will, but it's sure as fuck not there right now.

I repeat, every time you do the self-checkout and the machine fucks up one time? You just lost whatever time you would have saved checking out at a checker. But the machines usually fuck up either multiple times (like the scale or the bag area glitching out) or they fuck up so hard I have to call an attendant (locking up, freezing).

I won't argue stores would rather have more self checkout and fewer employees. Obviously they would. I'm just saying it's a "solution" that sucks for the shoppers because the machines are fucking awful.

Also, even if the machines get better, stores have to spend money to upgrade their technology, and there's plenty of stores still using cash registers from 20+ years ago, just because they don't want to spend money. Even if better checkout machines exist, stores still have to put down the cash to install the better machines.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

They have to pay to install the machines, and then they probably have to hire someone who knows how that shit actually works (which are probably not as plentiful as a simple cashier).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm

It's annoying enough to get someone in to fix a regular cash register when it starts malfunctioning. It's even harder to get someone in to fix a self checkout.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm
They have to pay to install the machines, and then they probably have to hire someone who knows how that shit actually works (which are probably not as plentiful as a simple cashier).
That's all pennies that would easily be recouped if you could have one less employee. No breaks, no sickness, no nothing.

The core problem isn't technology, it's the data. Most stuff that is fucked up are wrong prices, articles locked for no reason, the motherfucking scale or general fuckery in some way by the customer. Most things really easy to deal with by an actual person, all of them sending self-checkout on fucking tilt.
If we could've replaced cashiers, we would've. Nobody likes sitting at a register either. There's enough to do in the store as is.

It's all always about money. A regular cashier costs me at least 2k a month, plus the fucker has breaks and works limited hours, calls in sick, can't come to work next Thursday because he's got tickets for some gay faggot shit concert, calls in because their fucking kid is sick and so on and so forth.
Installing a self-checkout that I'd have refinanced in just two or so years but keep for ten years in the writeoffs sounds like a dream. But I've seen what's on the market. It's all garbage. They can't even build well functioning ATMs or machines for empty bottles that literally have a single, mega simple task to perform. What makes you think they could possibly make a well functioning register that any moron could operate?

It's the same as flying cars. You could never build it as idiot proof as you'd need to.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 am

Walk by meat department after tossing garbage and putting cardboard in the compactor.

Stand in front of the chicken breasts and invoke my inner dad joke.
"Anyone ever come up and ask to fondle your breasts?"

We all have a giggle and maybe a cringe. Start to walk away and some early 20s blonde chick is glaring at me like I just kicked her puppy.

Bet she complains about it and I get HR sitting me down telling me there's no fun allowed. Sure glad she didn't hear the meat guys ask if they could come squeeze my buns.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 am

How sad would you have to be to do that? Especially being 20 something
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 am
Walk by meat department after tossing garbage and putting cardboard in the compactor.

We all have a giggle and maybe a cringe. Start to walk away and some early 20s blonde chick is glaring at me like I just kicked her puppy.

Bet she complains about it and I get HR sitting me down telling me there's no fun allowed. Sure glad she didn't hear the meat guys ask if they could come squeeze my buns.
See the baker has hired some new girl. He always hires young student sluts that don't know jack shit about anything but they only work in four hour shifts and get shit pay anyway. Some dolled up prissy blonde that wears all pink a lot that would spend too much money on having her nails done in dumb, fancy ways.
A couple of weeks ago I see her coming to the store, wearing a "FEMINIST" t-shirt.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:50 pm

letting women into the workforce was very smrt

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:23 am

How can you even sleep at night, you monster?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Streamers are pissing me off, lately. Not only do they dump their shitty streams on a youtube channel, 10s to 30s of parts at a time (or hundreds, like DSP) but they take games that I've played for years, speed run through them, and then complain about the gameplay and storylines.

Recently I was watching some dude play Warframe and he was being attacked by 3 sentients. These things adapt to your damage. There are ways around this. Instead of fighting back, he decides to hack open the doors and repeatedly gets killed by these enemies rather than just killing them and then hacking open the doors.
I watch this dude gradually get more and more angry and start complaining about the way the enemies are when he's choosing to not even engage with them and solve the problem, directly.

I wanted to see his reaction to The Sacrifice quest and not him bitching about refusing to fight an enemy and getting mad when they kill him.

Stop treating these video games as your job and rushing through them as fast as possible and start treating them like a hobby that you happen to be showing to others, again. I don't get why these assholes don't realize that people enjoy watching people do something that they legitimately love doing. Fuck, I'll watch someone playing Five Nights at Freddy's if he's actually into it and enthusiastically talking about what he's doing, even.

Of course that's not to even get into the fact that a lot of these shitty streamers started playing Warframe because the media hyped up the recent Tennocon news and they want them clicks.