People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Uguuboi

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Uguuboi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:42 pm

This jobs too nice to risk that, so I mostly shitpost on my phone or research stuff at slow points.

I can just stare into space too, so long as nobody's walking by, lol.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pm

So I was eating in a kind of fast food place (but not one of the big US ones) that let you order via touchscreen.
Near the end of the order it asked me if wanted to add a tip.

Nigga that place is like two steps away from being a Star Trek replicator. Who am I supposed to tip for what?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm

Corporations deserve tips too, didn't you see the ex-Blizzard director saying that gamers should tip 10 or 20 bucks on top of paying 70 bucks for AAA games?

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:24 pm

The tipping meme is becoming reality

Fuck this gay earth

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pm
So I was eating in a kind of fast food place (but not one of the big US ones) that let you order via touchscreen.
Near the end of the order it asked me if wanted to add a tip.

Nigga that place is like two steps away from being a Star Trek replicator. Who am I supposed to tip for what?
That’s become common place here, I’m always like fuck that because even if it weren’t fast food I have no idea who gets the tip.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am

People still hating JJ Abrams for the SW sequels drives me nuts. I don't get it. He was never hired to be the George Lucas for that trilogy. He was meant to be the guy who directed Return of the Jedi, except he was given zero supervision.

Dude held those movies together with fucking duct tape, because Kennedy had a thumb up her ass and Rian just wanked all over the place.

Like yeah he made some dumb choices, but what do you expect when the only feedback is "sure, go with it". He figured they liked what he'd made and had a solid plan with what to do with it.

Then when it became obvious they didn't, he came back to try to salvage it. Which is honestly kinda commendable, even if he failed.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 am

I'm sure there would've been better alternatives to "somehow, Palpatine returned" if you absolutely needed the guy back.
Doesn't even need to be a big announcement. Effectively no one in the Resistence really needed to know who exactly is in charge of the baddies. In fact that could've been part of the mystery box JJ loves so much ("Who's in control of the First Order after Snoke?").
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 am

Resistance and first order were so lame, if the post ROTJ shows have gotten anything right is that new republic and imperial remnants are the way to go. What did the republic just lose their entire fucking military and control in that brief period?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 am

They obviously wanted to replicate the premise of the original trilogy without thinking anything through beyond changing "Rebel Alliance" and "Galactic Empire" for something else.
If I remember correctly the Republic is just not interested in dealing with the First Order for plot-convenient reasons, and after that group of planets gets blown up it effectively stops existing.

Saner writers would've featured the New Republic more prominently and waited with its demise until the finale of the second movie.
They could've also subverted expectations in a not retarded way by making the Remnants the underdogs, and maybe introduce some third faction that simply has no interest whatsoever in being part of another bloated Republic/Empire.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am

That would have been far more interesting. Instead we got surprise sith troopers (ie recolored first order stormtroopers) appear out of nowhere in RoS.