People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Credo in Deum

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by Credo in Deum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Pepsi Man wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:19 am
It's been 20 or 30 years and they haven't improved a single bit. Stop finding fluff videos to bolster your ignorant viewpoint.
That's because we live in a quiet time right now which is slowly coming to an end. A German philosopher said once "war is progress peace is stagnation". Nuclear fission was discovered 1938 by Otto Hahn. This entire time nobody has found a cure to AIDS & Cancer. In 200 years people will laugh at this.

If you don't acknowledge that technology is going to replace as much as is possible then I can't convince you anyway. I wouldn't say thinking from another perspective is ignorant. I always thought that technology will replace everything is a popular opinion. Not quite sure why the resistance here.
SpoilerShow

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: People love complaining, right? Complain about everything (life, health, bad luck, random shit etc)

Post by mad bum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm

They've made a lot of steps with cancer but after all this time it's still " pump you full of poison and hope we kill it before we kill you". Which really should be priority #1 on any researchers list on trying to find cures or better alternatives
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Credo in Deum wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 pm
That's because we live in a quiet time right now which is slowly coming to an end.
Mother fucker, we get more and more powerful pocket PCs every year. We give them to our children. We continue to make leaps and bounds in our PC technology every year. Sometimes every month.

Self checkouts are still fucking garbage and you're completely ignorant to this, by your own admission. Shut the fuck up and stop trying to talk about other shit to sidetrack the conversation.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm

We could go for more automation, but that comes with a whole new set of potential problems. A human cashier can always improvise when things go wrong. A computer cashier just stops.

Also don't forget the demographic change. Some 50+-year-old will probably just leave your store for good if you replace the cashiers with some computer, or expect him to have some smartphone app ready.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:13 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:15 pm
You know how you usually pack your vegetables in a bag, then go to some machine to weigh that stuff and get the proper barcode for the whole shebang?
Yeah, I remember the 90's quite well actually. What ran down shithole do you frequent where they are fine getting fucked over by customers like that anymore?
This has actually been the rule, rather than the exception in the store's I've been to. Not everyone can live in a floating future city.
Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 am
Pay N Go apps work just fine though, and are better. Just scan shit with your phone as you shop, pay with CC, and walk out the door without ever getting in a line.
But that would mean I have to buy a botnet phone and use a botnet credit card and not my cash.
That's the great keikaku behind it all. They want to log everything you've ever bought.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm

mad bum wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm
They've made a lot of steps with cancer but after all this time it's still " pump you full of poison and hope we kill it before we kill you". Which really should be priority #1 on any researchers list on trying to find cures or better alternatives
They sure aren't lacking the money to research it. They are missing the person with the right idea or it mostly is a technological limitation. It's probably both. Surprise surprise the go to treatment for cancer came from the first world war directly from the battlefield. Of course it was developed in a lab for war but you get the point.

I could use some of those powerful pocket PC's I'm still cruising around on my bulky laptop :lol:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm

They're called cellphones you uneducated faggot.

You know what part of progress is? Realizing what doesn't work and cutting it out. Self checkouts are retail cancer.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Mmh... one of the more promising treatments especially for deeper cancer are particle accelerators. Now if we only gave the industrial-military complex some incentives to miniaturize that shit so you don't need an entire building complex for that shit...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 am

My McDonalds went to automation and it's fucking slow as hell. Ordering from a cashier takes a minute, but it's like four just to push some damn buttons on a screen, then the card reader never works so you have to go up and interact with a person anyway.

Ghetto people are why Wal-Mart lines are always backed up. Invariable some asshole gets up there and wants to use ten different gift cards, some of which won't work and require a manger to help with, then there are the food stamp cards, then they spread the remainder over two credit cards and cash.

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 am

Pepsi Man wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm
They're called cellphones you uneducated faggot.

You know what part of progress is? Realizing what doesn't work and cutting it out. Self checkouts are retail cancer.
A guy that names his phone a powerful pocket pc calls others a faggot, yeah right :lol:

The guy in the video caved in when she said self checkout is garbage and transformed his thing into a normal cash register. It's literally designed by an autistic person, wait until someone comes along who knows what they are doing.

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 am

A guy who thinks he's educated not understanding that I said more and more powerful, not that they were inherently powerful.

Even though they are.