BBC and THE PAAAY GAAAP!

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: BBC and THE PAAAY GAAAP!

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 am

A licence to watch TV? Fine, I would just watch shit online instead.

No one under the age of 30 actually pays for cable here, and a lot of cable companies know this and that's why they're trying to abolish internet equality. That's also why some places have put a data cap on, to prevent the cord cutters.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:27 am

Cable is one of those entities who only still exists because of monopolies and government help. In a truly free market, nobody would pay for cable. People only get cable because it's often the ONLY way to have internet in certain regions. Cable TV is completely worthless. Hell, TV itself is worthless in the internet age. Anything you get on TV can be found online.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm

We only have the absolute basic cable package because we have no choice but to have it if we want high speed internet. We could still get dial up, on its own, around here if we wanted, though. Hoo boy. Those blazing fast speeds.

The major problem with cable companies is their propensity to randomly change your bill and not let you fix it. Particularly because they don't tell you until you see it on your next bill and then they're like, "well you didn't say anything when we changed it so we're not fixing it now and even if we do you have to pay the previous month's charges."
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Yep. Fuck cable. I've never heard anyone say something positive about their cable company. It's always shit like that or how they'll fuck up your internet and then charge YOU extra to come out and fix their fuckups.

Nobody even wants the cable. They just want internet. Only old-timers actually watch tv now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:27 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 am
A licence to watch TV? Fine, I would just watch shit online instead.
A computer was counted as a TV because, technically, you can watch the state-funded TV on your PC.
But now it's basically like taxes either way. Our corrupt politicians are to thank for that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:54 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm
They should give everyone the same. They don't work like a private network with commercials and subscriptions and all that stuff. Your licence fee is the same regardless of whether people actually watch the crap they put out or not. That's the point of it. They've got the best racket in journalism.
>licence fees

Your country's police state is a joke. A licence to watch TV, what kind of shit is that?

Though the network getting guaranteed funding applies to all publicly funded TV networks. No one watches their shit, and they are usually the fucking worst at pushing left wing propaganda. The ABC here is like that as well.
You have to prove you're over 16 with ID to purchase plastic spoons. It used to be law that everyone own a firearm.

Also ABC stands for Arse-Bollock Connector as far as I'm aware. You have even better state-run programme initalisms than us.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:09 pm

For plastic spoons? Are you serious?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:35 pm

They hurt more when you carve out your enemy's heart. Don't you remember the Robin Hood movie with Alan Rickman?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:40 pm

I heard the shit about metal spoons and how they are supposedly dealt that way because kids could cook heroin in them. That's already retarded enough of a reason. But plastic? I'm only asking because it's actually believable that the UK would do such a thing.
That all aside, a spoon should be the easiest item for a kid to obtain. Go to the kitchen, grab one. Every household has them in a drawer somewhere.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rat-fuck

Post by rat-fuck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 am

Fairly certain. Can't find the article at the moment but I recall it being a thing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:41 pm
Oh, rat-fuck could be a nigger. Never thought of that.
https://www.deadhorseinterchange.com/