BBC and THE PAAAY GAAAP!

Shitpost central. Also known as the Ratfuck and Mucha containment board.
Auli

BBC and THE PAAAY GAAAP!

Post by Auli » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:25 pm

So... BBC is having trouble being violently screeched at by feminists:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/live/ ... ve-updates

It's like they are literally retarded.. yes, let's give EVERYONE the same pay, but disregard what they bring to the table!
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: BBC and THE PAAAY GAAAP!

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 pm

The hell is that supposed to be "solved" in a gender-equal way? The guys with big incomes have those incomes because they're celebs. Will they just cut their income? Or forcefully push a female colleague into the same salary "slot", even if she doesn't have nearly the same following?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:01 pm

I've been thinking a bit about this recently, and while I do agree that a talent based industry should pay people according to their talent and perceived worth, generally fuck the BBC.

They go on and on about how the pay gap is real and how women are being discriminated against in the workplace and as it turns out it's just a case of massive projection. They deserve to be raked over the coals.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Stranger

Post by Stranger » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:23 pm

As far as I'm aware, the BBC has come out as one of the most hypocritical companies in recent memory so while I get annoyed at the mention of the pay gap it's kind of enjoyable to see them catching flak.
"I currently have 274 pounds of lean mass. My nurse explained that since she'd just seen me walk a quarter mile that I basically was ripped underneath all of this fat." - Arnold Boogienigger

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:32 pm

No way they cut pay for the top talent because they'll just leave. Only solution is giving everyone the same. Someone start a death watch for BBC. (Big Black Cock?)

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm

They should give everyone the same. They don't work like a private network with commercials and subscriptions and all that stuff. Your licence fee is the same regardless of whether people actually watch the crap they put out or not. That's the point of it. They've got the best racket in journalism.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Makes sense. Play Marxist games, win Marxist prizes.

More than likely though they'll just raise those fucking weird license fees those Brits love so much. Win win, yes?

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm
They should give everyone the same. They don't work like a private network with commercials and subscriptions and all that stuff. Your licence fee is the same regardless of whether people actually watch the crap they put out or not. That's the point of it. They've got the best racket in journalism.
>licence fees

Your country's police state is a joke. A licence to watch TV, what kind of shit is that?

Though the network getting guaranteed funding applies to all publicly funded TV networks. No one watches their shit, and they are usually the fucking worst at pushing left wing propaganda. The ABC here is like that as well.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:47 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:54 pm
Your country's police state is a joke. A licence to watch TV, what kind of shit is that?
While I hate it, think it should be abolished and the BBC completely defunded, at least we have a get out. If you don't own a television you don't have to pay it. I think it used to be, don't know if it still is, but if you own a television but don't use it to watch live tv you don't have to pay it either.

Whereas all these other countries with publicly funded television have to pay for it regardless.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 am

In Glorious Germany, you had to pay for your TV even if you can't actually receive TV (if you don't even have a satelite dish or something). Owning a tv was enough to pay, 'cause the tv itself is technically able to show your some sweet tv.

Then they sneakily changed it so everyone has to pay, whether or not you actually have anything tv-related.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette