Clown World General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Shitlib debates: Clown world 2020

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 am

SpoilerShow
But at least Classic Simpsons had the decency to scold her for being too autistic with whatever she was obsessing about this episode.
NuSimpsons Lisa on the other hand can do nothing wrong.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:06 am
mad bum wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:00 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 am
Also why is Lisa wearing a mask, but not Homer?
Because he's portrayed as dumb.
Lisa is the perfect author insert. She always does the 100% Correct Thing and is always 100% right about everything.
SpoilerShow
By "perfect," I mean she's a fucking cunt. I don't even find classic era simpsons funny if it's an episode where she speaks.
I call the classic episodes centered around her “Lisa is special” episodes, because the writers had to keep reminding us how exception she is. I tend to skip them when rewatching.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 am

I rewatch them when they come on TV. Just to remind myself 'These are kinds of people the Simpsons writers are'

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 am

I like the one where Lisa has an eating disorder and ends up literally wallowing in a cake. That was extra special. And hot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Lisa also got addicted to cigarettes and raised insects to eat in a later episode, what a scumbag. Worse episode from the watchable era is Summer of 4 Ft. 2 where Lisa becomes a mega poser to make friends and the idea is so weak that they have to make Bart this maniacal villain to attempt for it to work.

Save for the one with Dustin Hoffman I hate any Lisa centric episode. People bitch about Peggy Hill but at least she was likable early on and had some great moments, Lisa just sucked from the get go.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Peggy was fine. She was raised in an arguably abusive home environment and ended up overcompensating to fuck. She wasn't a full-on narc though imo. Just very needy and insecure. And the writers called her on it constantly. There was a whole thanksgiving episode where she went mental because she thought Hank didn't "need" her anymore, since Bobby had learned to cook and sew. Many other episodes exist where she gets her comeuppance for being a bitch (beauty pageant, hank's a teacher episode). And her naive nature about the world and overinflated sense of her own intelligence is often exploited by others, who play her for a sucker (IQ scam, foot fetish, drag queen, hooker episode etc).

I'd almost argue she is punished for her hubris a little too often, although she's such a bitch sometimes that it's really warranted.

Lisa is way more annoying than Peggy. Oh, and Peggy is almost NEVER the author-insert for the writers' opinions.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:48 pm

"YOU ARE LISA SIMPSON"

So deep, man!
Seriously, watching Simpsons growing up I always assumed the audience was supposed to dislike her..
It's a trap!

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Exactly people forget how much Peggy gets knocked down a peg the whole series. Regarding her overinflated sense of her own intelligence, they mocked her for delusional in thinking she knew Spanish. There were a couple of episodes doing so. Partly in the beauty pageant episode and the one she goes to trial in Mexico for not realizing she kidnapped a kid. Even though she obviously was let go since she didn't intentionally kidnap the kid, it made her look like a moron who had no idea what the fuck she was talking about since she was bad at Spanish.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 pm

Whenever I think of Peg I hear Bobby saying, "Who? Who in the media tricked you?" Even the very worst King of the Hill is on an entirely differently level than the Simps.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm
Peggy was fine. She was raised in an arguably abusive home environment and ended up overcompensating to fuck. She wasn't a full-on narc though imo. Just very needy and insecure. And the writers called her on it constantly. There was a whole thanksgiving episode where she went mental because she thought Hank didn't "need" her anymore, since Bobby had learned to cook and sew. Many other episodes exist where she gets her comeuppance for being a bitch (beauty pageant, hank's a teacher episode). And her naive nature about the world and overinflated sense of her own intelligence is often exploited by others, who play her for a sucker (IQ scam, foot fetish, drag queen, hooker episode etc).

I'd almost argue she is punished for her hubris a little too often, although she's such a bitch sometimes that it's really warranted.

Lisa is way more annoying than Peggy. Oh, and Peggy is almost NEVER the author-insert for the writers' opinions.
Not to mention what most people consider her turning point in personality was when she survived that airplane fall. Most of those episodes you've brought up happened after so it makes sense. And yeah there's some pretty wholesome moments with Peggy and she's not as annoying as Lisa for sure.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.