Clown World General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard

Re: Shitlib debates: Clown world 2020

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 am

if trumps wins, and shuts down twitter, he be up there as one of the best

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:33 am

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:40 am

And faggots on pol think that Trump losing would cause a bigger meltdown.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 am

Notice that absolutely none of them are talking about Biden's performance. There is no question who won

Newhalf

Post by Newhalf » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 am

I'm getting the idea that Drumpf didn't really come prepared and wasn't trying very hard, but considering his opponent he probably didn't really need to. Still, this may have cost him dearly.

Biden was probably getting some meds that slow down his progressive dementia and even causes a temporary convalescence, but he'll relapse soon enough.
I've seen that with lots of patients I used to care for.

I just wish I could get him to do a mini-mental state examination. His score would probably be on the lower end.
It's a trap!

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am

In my opinion, the debate last night was a tie.

I like that Trump is a straight-shooter and often a very un-"Presidential" President, but sometimes he annoyed even me with his style of steamrolling over Biden constantly. It made things incoherent at times, particularly in the beginning. I was also thinking about undecided voters (and there ARE undecided voters out there) and I could see Trump losing them.

Overall, I thought Trump was good. His best moments were when the topic turned to law enforcement, though I wish he'd mentioned Kamala Harris's efforts to fund the bail for arrested rioters.

It was interesting when Biden looked toward the camera and "addressed the people". Somehow that made Trump shut up even. It's not an innovative tactic and it was clearly calculated, but it highlighted a difference between the two men. Because Trump would never do something like that. Trump isn't "warm". He doesn't even try to be that. Trump is a mean old businessman.

Me, I think the country needs a mean old businessman running it right now. We've got an economy to save.

But if you want "warmth" (insert old man, walking corpse joke here), I think Biden positioned himself well here as that guy.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am
I like that Trump is a straight-shooter and often a very un-"Presidential" President, but sometimes he annoyed even me with his style of steamrolling over Biden constantly. It made things incoherent at times, particularly in the beginning. I was also thinking about undecided voters (and there ARE undecided voters out there) and I could see Trump losing them.
Trump was Trump. At this point there's nothing an undecided voter is going to learn about Trump watching him in this debate that he didn't know already. I think he did exactly the right thing going in hard for Biden.

Remember that Biden hasn't really campaigned this election. COVID has given him a good excuse to stay indoors, not do rallies, not go out and meet voters and project responsibility for doing so. The only campaigning he does is carefully curated TV appearances and equally carefully curated public events where he reads from a teleprompter and never gets asked any tough questions. That's when he hasn't called a lid, which is most days. He hasn't been vetted. Trump vetted him for the American people by attacking him on his record, on his policy positions and on his crackhead son, which nobody else has been doing.

It clearly worked, because the usual screeching twattertards and media talking heads are all saying how the debates were a disgrace and there shouldn't be any more debates. If Biden came off looking remotely good in that debate, they wouldn't be saying it was a disgrace and they certainly wouldn't be saying that there shouldn't be any more debates.

There are things I think Trump could have articulated better. He let Biden get away with the fine people hoax, although it could've been because Wallace was busy interrupting him. Biden repeated the 'inject bleach' hoax and Trump said it was said sarcastically, which is what he said at the time. Why didn't he just say he was talking about far-UV light treatment? It would make him look a lot less ridiculous. I think he could've said more about what he's done for minorities, instead of pivoting immediately to the law & order and riots. I think he could have articulated his point about critical race theory better.

But this was a first debate. The incumbent generally doesn't look his best at the first debate. See: Obama v Romney. Trump went in hard and he sized up his opponent well. This will lay the groundwork and allow him to completely destroy his opponent in the second and third debates. If they happen. I honestly think Joe Biden can't take any more of that. He's probably going to go to sleep for a week as it is.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am
It was interesting when Biden looked toward the camera and "addressed the people". Somehow that made Trump shut up even. It's not an innovative tactic and it was clearly calculated, but it highlighted a difference between the two men. Because Trump would never do something like that. Trump isn't "warm". He doesn't even try to be that. Trump is a mean old businessman.
He has addressed the 'TV audience'. Not in the way that Biden did it, though. Biden did it so artlessly and looked like he was screaming for help

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:46 am
Or when he tried dodge the subject of supporting white supremacy.
He didn't dodge it.
[/quote]

Yes he did, faggot

Nobue

Post by Nobue » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:38 am

"The Green New Deal will pay for itself!"
"Do you support it?"
"No."

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:24 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:46 am
Or when he tried dodge the subject of supporting white supremacy.
He didn't dodge it.
Yes he did, faggot
He did awkwardly handle that question. Trump should have just said fuck white supremacy. White supremacists are a very low voter base and even if they aren't they will still vote Trump. I was disappointed at Trump giving libs that talking point.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.