If you want one industry/scene to get #meagain¨'d...

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: If you want one industry/scene to get #meagain¨'d...

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:37 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 am
Vidya journo shit doesn't earn the big bucks. Fucking over actual competition to show you're more trustworthy does.
You've misunderstood. And, again, there's your fallacy. You believe in the idea that all these news media people are actually in 'competition' with each other. Really, they operate more like the Mafia.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 am
And it being in the UK matters, since things on your island work a little different.
Not substantially
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:50 am

BBC is the end game for all anglo journo fucks. You don't shit on what you hope is your next employer. But in print media there are plenty of fish in the sea and the national US ones are very much in competition.
And don't forget that they've invited the enemy into their own ship. Whores know no allegiance and if one of them sees the chance to go from just some rando letter pusher to be the new SJW hero, eventually that chance will get taken.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:13 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:50 am
BBC is the end game for all anglo journo fucks.
But it isn't. If anything they all start at the BBC looking to make a name for themselves and collect that sweet taxpayer money and then when they're done they jump ship and go work for Murdoch or whoever. How you seem to think it works is exactly the opposite to how it works.
Kugelfisch wrote:
But in print media there are plenty of fish in the sea
We've got tons of papers in Britain too
Kugelfisch wrote:
and the national US ones are very much in competition.
But they aren't. Most of them are based in different cities and different states so there's not even a fight over territory like you occasionally get with the Mafia.

In addition, a lot of these national US papers you claim are in competition are more often than not owned by the same five conglomerates.
Kugelfisch wrote:
And don't forget that they've invited the enemy into their own ship. Whores know no allegiance and if one of them sees the chance to go from just some rando letter pusher to be the new SJW hero, eventually that chance will get taken.
They have ways of mitigating that. Pay-offs, NDAs, the works. I daresay that if a whore gets to be too much of a problem they could just make her disappear.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:15 am

I guess we'll see.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:29 am

I suppose we will but I could tell you exactly how a MeTooing of journalism would go.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:16 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:29 am
I suppose we will but I could tell you exactly how a MeTooing of journalism would go.
Shoot.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Assuming that they can't keep accusations bottled up (which they can), they'll report on accusations against one big player, use this as an opportunity to get rid of several smaller players they didn't particularly like anyway, Fake contrition, claim it's just a few bad apples, claim to launch an investigation or something that won't go anywhere. So long as they can be seen to be doing something the public outrage will subside. Then they'll go back to business as normal, leaving the other big players completely untouched.

It's how MeToo's been dealt with. It's how Saville was dealt with. It's even how fucking 9/11 was dealt with.
Kugelfisch wrote: