Climate Change and You

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Climate Change and You

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Plastic, overfishing, and not to forget countries pouring so many waste fertilizer into the ocean that there's a giant-ass belt of nasty algae spreading from Mesoamerica to Africa. The Seven Seas are fuuuuuucked.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:05 pm

That microplastic shit scares the fuck out of me.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:09 pm

It never goes away. Just breaks up into even smaller bits to fuck up the food chain even earlier than before. This is some straight-up horror shit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:28 pm

I'm much more concerned with the plastic issue in the ocean than actual climate change. So much of the planet relies on fish.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:22 am

It's amazing how most groups you see the liberal media backing are never concerned with the ocean. It's all muh climate change and eating bugs and no more planes except the rich people! Nigger what?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 am

You can't build a cult around actual solutions. Those take hard work and good thinking and we can't have that even if we tried.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Here's a video Poonoo might like. This is a very old youtube channel where a dude goes into the science behind all kinds of shit and fact-checks various news media. I can't recall having heard him ever espouse something obviously false because of political reasons, so I'm inclined to take his video a little more seriously than a lot of other youtube channels.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm

I watched that guy all the time during my skeptic phase.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:24 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm
I watched that guy all the time during my skeptic phase.
Same. I didn't forget he existed, I just moved on from the age-old fedora tipping debate to shitposting.

For those curious, his conclusion is that the opinions of non-experts are irrelevant and experts have been saying for 40 years that climate change does not cause, but will worsen the effects of droughts, brushfires, floods and other natural disasters. The average temperature for Australia shows an upward trend compared to historical records and this trend is supported by data from across the country. I encourage people to watch the video and come up with your own conclusions about its content.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Here's a video Poonoo might like. This is a very old youtube channel where a dude goes into the science behind all kinds of shit and fact-checks various news media. I can't recall having heard him ever espouse something obviously false because of political reasons, so I'm inclined to take his video a little more seriously than a lot of other youtube channels.
It's mostly good, in particular the part about how our rainfall patterns have changed to shift further to the north west of the country rather than the south east where everyone lives. It's pretty close to what I wanted, but with a few issues.

In terms of the science he seems sound enough and accurate, in particular pointing out that increased heat and evaporation aren't the cause of the fires. The problem is the media and people he shits on are all right wing and he doesn't even try to critique the leftist hysteria. For example:

* In his video he points out the effects of change now won't be felt in 30 years and that the fires are the result of a long term problem. But the left here have been claiming it is all our current Prime Ministers fault, apparently if he had planned better these fires would not have happened. They are thinking of naming the fires after him and there was a big protest in the city a week or two ago trying to get the queen to kick him out. He didn't say a fucking word about these cunts.

* The left is claiming our current government drastically cut fire services funding and that is a major cause. The guy at 17:35 who is in charge of the fire service in NSW flat out said in a conference when the NSW Premier was asked about it that there were no budget cuts. The comment section of some posts of it had cunts saying "his boss is right next to him, he can't question her in public and has to lie" and other retarded shit like that.

This isn't mentioned in his video either.

* He also does the same old trick of undermining China's issues, using the bullshit "per capita" argument to deflect. What you should actually look at is how much countries have reduced their emissions since we found out about climate change in the 80s to determine how well they are trying to fix it, and I have some data here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... try/region

It starts in 1990, it shows 2005 data and 2017 as well. Sort out the table by 2017 vs 1990 change and when you look at the larger countries and not the tiny ones with huge jumps you will notice that Asia and the Middle East have been the worst culprits. The USA and in particular Europe have cut their emissions big time in raw terms, while Australia has slowed down our emissions growth significantly since 2005 and per capita is down. Our emissions only grew by 2.7% from 2005 to 2017 but our population has increased by 20.6%. From 1990 to 2005 we were admittedly pretty shit.

Now let's look at China. Their population has gone up by 22% since 1990 but their emissions have increased by 353.8%. From 1990 to 2005 the increase is 3,866.016, from 2005 to 2017 the increase is 4,614.154. They have actively gotten fucking worse since finding out about climate change when the general trend you will notice is that there is a huge reduction from 2005 to 2017 compared to the previous gap. Look at India, Saudi Arabia and Vietnam (983.8% for fuck sake) and many of the worst increases and you will see no western countries.

The global average increase is 63.5% since 1990. Look at the countries on the table below that figure and the ones above it and it will tell you who the biggest culprits are and it's not the fucking west. You can argue that more could have been done by The West but that cunt Greta yelling at western countries for this when Asia and the Middle East are way fucking worse and have caused this increase KNOWING about it (unlike the West where the spikes happened in the 1960s) deserves way more condemnation.

That is why the "per capita" shit is a red herring, it's per capita over time that matters. He can deflect by saying a lot of countries individually don't contribute much and we should all work together but when China has 29.34% of the world's emissions and is increasing it's emissions when the global trend is to decrease they need to be held accountable.

If China's emissions per capita stayed the same since 1990 (even though the global trend is to decrease) it would have been 2,927.035 in 2017. It was actually 10,877.218. That's 7,950.18 that should not have happened.
If you subtract that from the world's total of 37,077.404, that is a CO2 reduction of 11.5% globally today. To put that in perspective, Europe's total emissions is only 9.57% of the world's and the USA's is 13.77%. To make that much of a change Europe and the USA would have to destroy their economies, all China had to do was not be cunts and be given leeway to keep emissions per capita the same rather than decrease them like the rest of the world. If they had matched the USA's emissions change from 1990 to 2017, it would have been 16.28% reduction. If they had matched Europe, it would have been a 20.6% decrease in emissions globally compared to today. That's from one fucking country.

It's obvious the real issue is that Asia and the Middle East are not cooperating at all and are the primary drivers of recent growth. They should be the target of scorn for their reckless disregard but the goal is to demonise the west and weaken it. And people who have stood in the way of nuclear power can eat a dick too.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.