Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
rabidtictac

Re: Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 am

Venomous Masculinity wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:22 am
The more I read about the economy the less I understand it. Currency just feels like Linkara''s magic gun, and the higher ups make up all sorts of rules and bullshit as they go along. What is a dollar? What is a bit coin?

If making more of a currency reduces the value of it, why is the solution always to print more rather than tighten our belts?
Because that's unpopular with voters, and lord knows the politicians aren't about to cut back on their spending (bribery) either.

Both parties are determined to print print print until the entire global economy goes off the rails. We've already seen previews thanks to covid. We had a national moratorium on fucking evictions. Basically, "things are so shit that everyone is gonna get evicted if big daddy government doesn't force landlords to keep non-paying tenants."

The real problem is the people at the top are making thousands of times more money than they can spend within their lives. And the people on the bottom make less than a living wage. The missing link here is the megacorps. They're the ones squeezing the middle class dry, making it seem necessary for big daddy government to throw a bunch of "stimulus" into the economy. But the stimulus is barely a bandaid. Doesn't do shit long-term and only makes inflation worse, which makes life harder for the poors and working class.

We're gonna see some fucking fireworks in the next year, mark my words. The evictions are gonna be insane and not only that, but the people getting evicted may not be able to find any new place (thanks to inflation.)

Edit: Just checked and apparently the moratorium is STILL in effect thanks to the CDC issuing another one. So they're continuing to kick the can down the road and we'll be having the same discussion in October.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:49 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 am
Just checked and apparently the moratorium is STILL in effect thanks to the CDC issuing another one
Yes but the Supreme Court said the CDC don't have the authority to do that

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:40 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:49 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:35 am
Just checked and apparently the moratorium is STILL in effect thanks to the CDC issuing another one
Yes but the Supreme Court said the CDC don't have the authority to do that
There's also a checklist you can find online that shows state-by-state if they're allowing evictions or not. A lot of the states, especially liberal ones, have implemented other protections to prevent evictions. I saw one where the landlord was required to give the tenants 60 days to pay, and then I think they had to apply for gibs from the government for another 60 days, and THEN they could finally evict. Something like that.

So even if the moratorium from the CDC was overthrown, I think we haven't even started to see the shitstorm yet. A lot of evictions appear to be stalled.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/t ... -know-now/

This is the most recent article I can find on the current status of the evictions.
A study in the spring by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development found that around 14% of the 44 million renter households were behind on rent, and nearly 10% had zero confidence in their ability to make the next month's rent. About one-third of the US population are renters, many of whom have been protected by some form of an eviction moratorium since Congress passed the initial CARES Act in March 2020.
Lul imagine what happens when a third of the US population faces homelessness.
It also didn't establish any kind of financial assistance fund to help renters get caught up -- a safeguard some say is critical to preventing a massive wave of evictions when the ban lifts.
Perfect example of acting like you're helping while acktshually fucking everything up. No protections for back rent or fees and no specific rentgibs means they all get evicted. Imagine getting a bill for $20,000 from your landlord. :lol: It's like leaving the meter running on your cab while you go meditate for a month at a Tibetan monastery.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:00 am

This whole moratorium has always been a quick fix to delay the inevitable shitstorm. And they will keep doubling down on it because they don't want to admit that maybe they shouldn't have tanked the economy with the mother of all overreactions.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 pm

There's no putting that genie back in the bottle. I don't see a way they could fix things at this point. The damage has been done. Imagine if you owed 18 months of back rent + interest and fees. Now imagine your landlord fucking hates you because you haven't paid your rent in so long. Assuming you're an average working class normie, how do you recover?

"Just spend the rent money you would have spent last year to pay the landlord back now." Nah fam, it don't work like that. The point is, the rent money never existed. That's why it wasn't paid. Tons of people lost jobs to covid or had their income dramatically reduced. There's zero possibility of a lot of these people paying back their landlords. Even if they could, the landlord would still evict them after a year+ of nonpayment. So many evictions means a lot of people desperately trying to find places to rent. A lot of landlords unable to collect enough rent will go under, leaving the remaining ones with more applicants than they can handle. Rent prices have been going up, too. That will continue. A lot of people will get squeezed out of the rent market.

I looked it up and the government estimates each renting household that owes back rent owes an average of $3000-4000ish. I think the collective amount owed is something like $20 billion. I had initially said the government couldn't possibly print so much, but I suppose they could. But that's only one of a few things, including student loans, which are going to combine to cause the mass rioting I expect. BTW student loan payments are still forestalled. They'll resume after Christmas. Between that and the eviction moratorium ending, we're gonna see crazy shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Venomous Masculinity

Post by Venomous Masculinity » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:30 pm

Amazing how I managed to find a cheaper apartment, outside the city, never fell behind on rent, and didn't end up in debt. Meanwhile I saw people coming home with new TVs, cars they couldn't pay off, and other shit. When I got laid off for a stint, all that gubment money I got went straight into savings, and I paid all my billth first thing. I had about 6000 dollars left over when I started working again.

People will never admit that they caused their own problems. The government made a huge mistake giving plebs money and expecting them not to waste it.
DHI Platinum Subscriber

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:17 pm

I'm gonna miss my NEET bux bros. Of course the dirty democrats don't want to renew that one
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:30 pm
People will never admit that they caused their own problems. The government made a huge mistake giving plebs money and expecting them not to waste it.
They're just a bunch of DSPs. Never building up any savings, always living from one paycheck to the next, always consooming way above their income.
The main difference now is that too many people are speedrunning this shit, making the whole problem too big to ignore.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:30 pm
Amazing how I managed to find a cheaper apartment, outside the city, never fell behind on rent, and didn't end up in debt. Meanwhile I saw people coming home with new TVs, cars they couldn't pay off, and other shit. When I got laid off for a stint, all that gubment money I got went straight into savings, and I paid all my billth first thing. I had about 6000 dollars left over when I started working again.

Aka Niggas, who receive gibs from the govern man but spends it on malt liquor, hoes and bling instead.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:48 pm

They should have watched the first episode of Classroom of the Elite, because that's exactly what happens to Class 1-D.

(And they'd also have to suffer through one episode of Classroom of the Elite, which is good enough as a punishment on its own).