Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: Collapse of the West (Purge General Thread)

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm
If you don't have a private retirement fund, you're an idiot.
I assume this private fund is precious metals because if it's the US dollar I got bad news for you. :lol:
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:13 pm
Le Redditeur wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:10 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm
If you don't have a private retirement fund, you're an idiot.
What when they are broke and run with your money?
That's not how that works.
That's literally how it worked in hundreds of cases already. Half of the old homeless people in my country are homeless, because they invested into shady retirement funds, which gone bankrupt. Most retirement funds are a scam.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 pm

It's running via my health insurance company, which has been around for ages and is owned, like all insurance companies here, by a large bank.
It's not an "investment" like a hatch fund and has a guaranteed pay out held in escrow, plus half the amount is paid by the employer/company and can be written off. That's how it generates more money than I personally pay in.
MegaNigger wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 pm
I assume this private fund is precious metals because if it's the US dollar I got bad news for you. :lol:
Sure, mate. Because investing into the US Dollar is someone living in Europe usually does, right?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:54 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:30 pm
It's running via my health insurance company, which has been around for ages and is owned, like all insurance companies here, by a large bank.
It's not an "investment" like a hatch fund and has a guaranteed pay out held in escrow, plus half the amount is paid by the employer/company and can be written off. That's how it generates more money than I personally pay in.
MegaNigger wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:32 pm
Sure, mate. Because investing into the US Dollar is someone living in Europe usually does, right?
Isn't the Euro still second to the dollar in reserve currencies and 60% of central banks use the dollar? I'd think you're dealing with them at some point given how shitty our Jew'd system is.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:33 pm
That's literally how it worked in hundreds of cases already. Half of the old homeless people in my country are homeless, because they invested into shady retirement funds, which gone bankrupt. Most retirement funds are a scam.
That's because you're thinking of hedge funds of the type that nearly went bankrupt when, for example, they tried to short Gamestop stock. The reason those go bankrupt is because they're basically playing craps with your money. That's not what Kugel is talking about

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:31 pm

MegaNigger wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Isn't the Euro still second to the dollar in reserve currencies and 60% of central banks use the dollar? I'd think you're dealing with them at some point given how shitty our Jew'd system is.
Look, I don't know how banks handle investment shit internally, besides that they gamble, scam and embezzle.
However, I wouldn't know how to invest in a foreign currency or how that would specifically work or if thats a thing.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:31 pm
MegaNigger wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Look, I don't know how banks handle investment shit internally, besides that they gamble, scam and embezzle.
However, I wouldn't know how to invest in a foreign currency or how that would specifically work or if thats a thing.
Right on. From every thing I understand on this subject, the US dollar being the reserve currency of the world is one of the only reasons we haven't collapsed quite yet. Apparently other world powers are even worse with money, everyone is in debt to each other, and the value of the dollar going down has world wide implications beyond just laughing at America.

TL;DR America is the smartest retard on the short bus that is the world economy. :lol:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:20 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:37 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:33 pm
That's because you're thinking of hedge funds of the type that nearly went bankrupt when, for example, they tried to short Gamestop stock. The reason those go bankrupt is because they're basically playing craps with your money. That's not what Kugel is talking about
Exactly, it's like not getting your car fixed by a mechanic because a lot of them try to screw you out of money and you try do it yourself. Not all hedge funds are fucking scams, and putting all of your money in gold is completely retarded since despite what Libertarians tell you gold and silver's price can fluctuate and be manipulated.

In Australia 10% of your wage has to go into a retirement fund. We started this in 1990 because our Prime Minister was one of the few in the world that realised the welfare ponzi scheme would fuck us over and implemented the best piece of policy in Australian history. It's why Australians have an insanely high net worth (that and overinflated house prices), they have money saved in funds rather than spending every dollar they have on crap. Most people can't manage their money for shit so the government forcing them to save for retirement worked, sorry Libertarians but using government force to make people save their money is better than having them vote in welfare that will destroy the nation and increase the debt. But they could never conceive that a little government force prevents more government force, at least Ancaps understand that democracy can screw your Libertarian fantasy.

The best ones over here are the credit union funds that don't pay out commissions and aren't run by banks. The "retail funds" run by the finance industry give you a fuck all return by comparison because they skim so much off the top so you don't get anywhere near as much back. I don't know how it works in Germany Kugel but you should at least look into how they work there because over here they do screw you a bit, but unlike in the US they don't go completely bankrupt at least. If you are an Aussie lurker, put your money in one of these:

https://www.industrysuper.com/choose-a-fund/
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:03 am

The idea of going for gold/silver isn't really investing to make a profit, but to have your savings in a medium that is much less likely to strongly reevaluate in a few decades, unlike the fucking dollar or euro or peso or whatever the fuck printable fiat currency one uses. Because those will devalue and devalue hard in the next few years.

Surely, if you trust your tyrannical government to actually keep your retirement fund and not squander it, or even just confiscate it because you refuse to take your Coof vaccine, then by all means keep your retirement fund for 30 or 40 or 50 years under the trusted guard of the State. It's not like they're ever more showing themselves to be completely useless, tyrannical and unreliable.

A lump of gold you purchase now and bury under the boards of your house is a lump of gold that the Jews won't be able to simply deny you for not kissing nigger ass or denying the Holocaust. Will it have the same relative value that it has today? Who knows. But at least you can take it and trade it for whatever you'll be needing in 2040.

Venomous Masculinity

Post by Venomous Masculinity » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:22 am

The more I read about the economy the less I understand it. Currency just feels like Linkara''s magic gun, and the higher ups make up all sorts of rules and bullshit as they go along. What is a dollar? What is a bit coin?

If making more of a currency reduces the value of it, why is the solution always to print more rather than tighten our belts?
DHI Platinum Subscriber