EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
User avatar
Guest

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:06 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:32 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
And who outside of Europe would know?
Italian-Americans, French-Americans. There are Europeans outside of Europe
If you think any of those people are less clueless than Anglo-Americans about their origins or Europe as a whole you're mistaken.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7657
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:22 am

French-Americans maybe, because their roots go back a long way, pretty much to the American Revolution. But Italian-Americans came over from Italy mostly during the turn of last century. Many of them still have roots there. Some of them speak broken Italian, about as well as Americans generally speak English, but they speak it. Certainly enough to know that 'buona' or 'bona' means 'good' in Italian, not French.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm
Let's be real: it was the anniversary game that Sonic deserved. A celebration of everything that makes the series what it is. Unbridled autism, failure and incompetence.

User avatar
Poonoo
Bureaucrat
Posts: 4426
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Poonoo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:51 am

>A known manlet with a violent temper was Italian

How the hell did I not know this?
Image

User avatar
Guest

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:27 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:32 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
And who outside of Europe would know?
Italian-Americans, French-Americans. There are Europeans outside of Europe
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
the French still herald him as a hero so I don't even know why you've put him into the "list of dicators that were war mongers" of yours. From what most people heard, Napoleon was fucking awesome.
The Russians still think that Stalin was awesome. He made top 3 in a poll of best Russian leaders and this was after De-Stalinisation and the fall of the Soviet Union.

I'm struggling to understand your point. My only point was that Hitler, Stalin and Napoleon were three of the biggest dictators that ever lived and they were not originally from the country they dictated over. I said nothing about 'war-mongers' and, even if I had, it wouldn't change my underlying point.
A throughout destalinization never took place and Putin runs Russia like a neo-soviet state. You are forgetting Russians always held sovereignty over their own nation in that timespan unlike Germany were the extend of the denazification was throughout, so throughout in fact you could call it turning some people into radicals :lol:

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7657
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:35 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:27 am
A throughout destalinization never took place and Putin runs Russia like a neo-soviet state. You are forgetting Russians always held sovereignty over their own nation in that timespan unlike Germany were the extend of the denazification was throughout, so throughout in fact you could call it turning some people into radicals :lol:
Doesn't change the fact that Stalin's atrocities are well known and well documented thanks to Khrushchev and then Gorbachev. The Russians simply don't care. To them he was the leader who won them the war and gave his name to the site of their greatest victory in that war and the turning point.
By contrast, most of the people who survived to modern day likely didn't know about or experience Stalin's atrocities first hand and the ones who did are obviously not alive to talk about it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm
Let's be real: it was the anniversary game that Sonic deserved. A celebration of everything that makes the series what it is. Unbridled autism, failure and incompetence.

User avatar
Guest

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:29 am

Remember how there used to be a cliche where any movie with a loony bin would have a guy that thinks he's Napoleon? Has anyone ever done a "current year" version of this where people that don't call the crazy guy Napoleon get in trouble for "dead naming" him or otherwise not playing along with his delusions?

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 16878
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:23 am

One of these days, the voices of the downtrodden HIstorykin will finally be heard. Fictionkin will follow shortly after.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
And who outside of Europe would know? Most everyone is pronouncing it French, as he was doing it himself, and the French still herald him as a hero so I don't even know why you've put him into the "list of dicators that were war mongers" of yours. From what most people heard, Napoleon was fucking awesome.
Do you think various countries in Europe and North Africa fell under French control because he was such a nice guy?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Guest

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:59 am

Poonoo wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:51 am
>A known manlet with a violent temper was Italian

How the hell did I not know this?
He was a diehard Corsican nationalist, then considered himself French then considered himself emperor of the world.

At no point did he consider himself Italian.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7657
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: EU Megathread: The EU Strikes Back In the Great Meme War

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:02 am

Doesn't matter what he 'considered himself'. His family was Italian, therefore he was Italian
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm
Let's be real: it was the anniversary game that Sonic deserved. A celebration of everything that makes the series what it is. Unbridled autism, failure and incompetence.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest