InfoWars banned from social media

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: InfoWars banned from youtube and facebook

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:58 pm
At this point they might as well be public services. I would have never have said this in the past but maybe the government should run social media, this way they are held accountability to the U.S. constitution. I mean, the government already records all our net activity at this point.
Yeah because when I see how the government runs other forms of media (NPR, PBS) it sure makes me wish they controlled the internet as well.

People gave these sites their power by being retards who let the internet become just 6-10 websites instead of millions. So many oldfag sites and forums I used to use are gone now because the normalfags there decided it would be more convenient to use a Fagbook group or subplebbit instead of keeping the site alive, and fuck if I was going along with them.
Is Spoony dead yet?

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:57 am

I'd argue the old fags grew up and just moved on in life. Most of the old communities I used to regulate are now just tranny farms filled with kids, all the people I knew just disappeared. Lord knows if I start a family you won't be seeing much of me.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:21 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
At this point they might as well be public services. I would have never have said this in the past but maybe the government should run social media, this way they are held accountability to the U.S. constitution. I mean, the government already records all our net activity at this point.
Naw it means that free speech should apply to everyone and companies are no private bodies in that sense, at least something like YouTube. Nationalizing them is communism and that has never worked. The government does not share the same interest as individuals and companies. That would kill Youtube because the whole business revolves around innovation and different opinions. Two things the government can't deliver.

On the other hand they had it coming because it is obvious what they were doing and the US government will rather gun you down in worst case scenario if that means they preserve their democracy. This is how it worked in transition from monarchy to democracy (France, Germany), why would it be different now. Especially someone like US won't be prissy about it. It's going to be one fucking huge slaughter if you remember how the Russian revolution played out. Not all soldiers defected to the Sowjets.
mad bum wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:59 pm
Even if you don't agree with him, he still has a right to say it. There's faggot drama channels and alt right and lib shit around.
Libtards shot themselves in the foot. The moment you defend democracy with all means is when you propel the destruction of democracy much faster than the outside force ever could :lol:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:38 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am
RAPEMAN wrote:
Yeah because when I see how the government runs other forms of media (NPR, PBS) it sure makes me wish they controlled the internet as well.

People gave these sites their power by being retards who let the internet become just 6-10 websites instead of millions. So many oldfag sites and forums I used to use are gone now because the normalfags there decided it would be more convenient to use a Fagbook group or subplebbit instead of keeping the site alive, and fuck if I was going along with them.
This.

Also, just because they SHOULD be public services in some peoples' minds, doesn't mean they ARE.

It does amount to the same deal, as in it does effectively become sweeping censorship when all the major social media platforms blacklist a news group. Even one as full of shit as Alex Memes. But the legality is all that matters and legally, I don't see how a private corporation can be prohibited from refusing access to its services when it retains that right for all users at all times.

If someone wants to argue that twitter doesn't have the RIGHT to ban Alex Jones, then they arguably don't have the legal RIGHT to ban anyone, under the same argument that these are essential public services which can't be denied without some extreme exception, such as people posting death threats or videos of beheadings. If Twitter doesn't have the right to create its own rules to determine who is allowed to use their platform, then we run into a situation like what Nigguh is talking about, where x person can't get banned unless the fucking Senate votes on it and approves the ban lel.

There's a reason we always shit on e-celebs for putting all their eggs into BLIP BLIP BLIP, TWITCH TWITCH TWITCH, or MUH YOUTUBE AD REVENUE. Any or all of these services could disappear tomorrow or ban you tomorrow. You're not employed by them and they're not a public trust.

Is it censorship to ban Alex Jones? Due to the blanket way it was done, it amounts to the same thing in practice.

Is it unfairly-enforced? Yes. Many more extreme nutters on the left get verified checkmarks.

But ultimately, it is their private website and they have the right to be as unfair as they want. Private organizations are not free speech zones.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:13 am

Not so bold prediction: Alex Jones will be propelled to an even higher level of meme god superstardom just in virtue of how Big Tech is absolutely clueless of it's own epidemic unfavorability numbers. In other words, Streisand Effect on steroids.

Talk about Johnny-came-lately, too. Infowars managed to bank on the gamergate shitshow and grow from it since 2014. I don't think Jones et al. really need (anti)social media for much of anything at this point. If nothing else, this is further proof of how profoundly incompetent Jewtube, Faceberg et al. are when it comes to.........pretty much everything, really. What exactly stopped them from shutting down Infowars four years before the fact, or even earlier? Clearly it has nothing to do with protecting unhurt feefees.

If they even had a few brain cells laying around, they simply could've said "we banned Infowars just because we felt like it" and left it at that. As privately owned companies, it's not like they are even legally or morally obliged to explain why they deny their services to one or more entities. But nope! In typical libtard do-gooder smugfaggotry, Big Tech had to prance about muh hatespeech, for no reason other than to automatically antagonize and piss off lots of normies who otherwise haven't watched or even knew who Alex Jones was up until now, and they now all have a collective PR disaster of San Andreas proportions in their hands.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:11 am

Soshul Media would only get worse if the government ran it, but as it stands how the only reason the government stays away is because their fagzones act as a third party for censorship because they can act outside of the constitution.
It's not fair that the bowers that pee have shut me out of normalfag society, but fuck it, let them rot.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am
To be fair, not that I'm disagreeing with you, but given how they run NPR, PBS, I really don't see how they could run Facefuck, Twatter etc any worse than they're already being run.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:15 am

>Nigger Penis Radio
>Pubic Broadcasting System
Tax funded propaganda needs to stop.
And least they don't require a loisense to view, because only smug libshit pseuds bother with either service.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:56 pm

Should have been done years ago. Fucking retard. But yea yea "defend to the death your right to say it." Then again, it being done during the Obama administration would have raised a lot of red flags. Not saying Trump is going to get the blame for this, but yeah.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Duwango wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:13 am
Not so bold prediction: Alex Jones will be propelled to an even higher level of meme god superstardom just in virtue of how Big Tech is absolutely clueless of it's own epidemic unfavorability numbers. In other words, Streisand Effect on steroids.
This is what I'm thinking. This is a coordinated effort and will set the true AJ tinfoiltards into overdrive. Banning IW just lends them more credibility as the alternative news platform fighting the powers that be.
Pretty bad move.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!