Fake News General

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Fake News General

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 am

Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:49 am
That is influence, I am talking about power. You can be powerful and still have no one believe the crap that comes out your mouth because they have to shut up or face consequences.
I would argue that they're the same, or at least that you can't have one without the other. In order to be powerful you have to be able to influence people.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:58 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 am
Poonoo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:49 am
That is influence, I am talking about power. You can be powerful and still have no one believe the crap that comes out your mouth because they have to shut up or face consequences.
I would argue that they're the same, or at least that you can't have one without the other. In order to be powerful you have to be able to influence people.
Which is much easier when it happens without them shouting at you from the TV. The people turn off CNN and Fox but Google has them by the balls and knows more about them and how to steer them than any other media could ever have hoped for. Why directly tell you what to think? That just builds resistance. Let them search on their own and arrive at their own conclusion - which the search results you want them to see, of course.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Old Media and Big Tech are gayer than Linkara.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Woah there, nothing is gayer than the cockslut.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:58 am
Which is much easier when it happens without them shouting at you from the TV. The people turn off CNN and Fox but Google has them by the balls and knows more about them and how to steer them than any other media could ever have hoped for. Why directly tell you what to think? That just builds resistance. Let them search on their own and arrive at their own conclusion - which the search results you want them to see, of course.
They're not doing anything the Soviets didn't used to do. Difference is that when Stalin was around the world was a lot bigger and means of communication so much more limited that, unless Stalin personally wronged you or someone close to you, you wouldn't even have an inkling of what the Communist Party were really up to.

Now, means of communication are so vast and intricate that it's almost impossible to completely censor anybody. The evidence of that is that we know what Google is up to whereas if their censorship techniques were complete and fool-proof you'd never hear about it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:26 pm
I know somebody who is.
SpoilerShow
You.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm
mad bum wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:26 pm
I know somebody who is.
SpoilerShow
You.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 pm
Now, means of communication are so vast and intricate that it's almost impossible to completely censor anybody. The evidence of that is that we know what Google is up to whereas if their censorship techniques were complete and fool-proof you'd never hear about it.
And yet it doesn't matter a single bit. Speak up all you want. Good luck finding many places where that's even possible anymore. As you said, commie tactics. All it takes is them singling the loudest and most prominent talkers out and ruin their shit IRL. And the legislation plays along. In a world where wrongthink means prison, what does it matter if one or a dozen fuckers can speak up? They get tried and lynched by the court of public opinion first and if that's not enough it'll be the state doing a Stephen Yaxley-Lennon on them.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 am
All it takes is them singling the loudest and most prominent talkers out and ruin their shit IRL.
That's why anonymity is so important, and why they're low-key pushing to take it away.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:21 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 am
All it takes is them singling the loudest and most prominent talkers out and ruin their shit IRL.
That's why anonymity is so important, and why they're low-key pushing to take it away.
And they are successful at it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!