School Shootings: A Unique American Art Form

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Pope Corky III

Re: School Shootings: A Unique American Art Form

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:03 am
Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 am
There just needs to be some insane penalty system if a company's gun is used in a shooting. The next time a shooting happens, gun company's should be praying in tears it wasn't their gun used in the slaughter. That's how you reduce these things. Maybe then they'll be more scrupulous of who they sell to.
You're an idiot. That's like penalising Honda for someone using their car in an accident. I understand MAYBE punishing the store who sold a gun to a nutjob, but the manufacturer? You are beyond retarded.
Accident, as opposed to a hit and run. Shut up Roo.

I was shitposting anyway, (keyword in my statement being insane), trying to bait people to respond with better ideas.

At least you fffffffffffucks admit that the Republicans are wrong and that sitting around crying "mental health" isn't going to change anything.

I don't get how all these business think that cutting ties with the NRA is going to change anything. The NRA doesn't make guns, they're just a group of gun enthusiasts. It's like companies no longer wanting to sponsor E3 because Nintendo or whoever made a rape simulator and someone acted it out.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm

The problem with the rethugican approach is what Poonoo said. They sit around crying MUH MENTAL HEALTH and then do nothing.

I agree, Poonoo, that for severe cases like schizophrenia or extreme autism, it would be fair to remove the right to own firearms. However, one other issue which must be examined is the likelihood of a shooter using a firearm that they did not purchase. What I mean is that at least one mass shooter used their parents' guns. The parents may very well have a fine mental health record. Can we restrict a parent's right to own a firearm because their child may be autistic? That could create quite a shitstorm. It would constitute discrimination. After all, the parent has not done anything wrong and they may keep their weapons out of their child's reach. Or they may not if they are a shitty parent.

But video game ESRB ratings have proven that nobody can force parents to not be shitty. Shitty parents will continue to be shitty.

I think one of the reasons nobody is tackling the mental health angle seriously is the complexity of any workable solution (that does not violate existing laws about discrimination) combined with the expense of evaluating people. Even performing extra background checks to establish if someone has schizophrenia would constitute an expense. Republicans hate to spend money on those kinds of social issues and Democrats would be opposed on the basis that it's not a complete firearms ban (which is what they want.)

At least we're all on the same page that it's not right to remove someone's right to own firearms based on them having received treatment for a mental illness. I think it should be especially pertinent to know whether or not they are currently undergoing such treatment and whether or not their issues are under control.

Now, as you pointed out with Chris-Chan, he maced someone and tried to run someone over. Who knows what he would have done with a gun, but even without a gun, he obviously had access to ways to harm others. He could have also used a knife or even developed a homemade bomb or mustard gas.

Perhaps the best solution would be a sweeping overhaul of how we handle mental health in America. But this would be the most expensive response by far and the most likely to be voted down by both parties.

This is one reason why I say a meaningful solution is unlikely to be reached in this country. Neither party is interested in solving the problem. Shitlibs just want all guns banned and they've wanted that for decades. Conservatives don't give a shit about allocating tax dollars to public health, not even to prevent a universal gun ban. We already have criminal background checks for anyone purchasing a firearm.

Like with anything, there are a myriad of factors causing mass shootings. There's no magic bullet solution, just a bunch of expensive, sweeping changes we can try to maybe stop a few mass shootings here and there. Which may not even work. Spree shootings are, by nature, an extremely uncommon crime, despite what the media and shitlibs like to claim. It's like trying to find a solution to serial killers.

Now, one solution the republicans seem eager to try, which may work, is to arm a teacher or two. We obviously shouldn't have everyone walking around with guns in schools all day erry day, but the presence of a "good guy with a gun" can reduce the scope of the crime when a spree shooting does happen. It's not as simple as a bad guy shows up and good guy immediately pops him in the head, but the spree shooter being shot back at can encourage them to commit suicide or delay their massacre.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Is Alyssa Milano still (sort of) hot? Because her Twitter page is splashed with Stoneman Douglas High School logos. Like she was an alumnus or something.

She's never been to that part of the state. She's from fucking Brooklyn.
I've actually been there, you dumn cunt.
I actually know someone who had a relative affected by the shooting.

Fucking shit, now I'm mad. I really hate it when someone tries to take advantage of a situation like this and promote themselves.
I don't care how big her fucking boobs are. Or that she was in Commando. Fuck her right off for the rest of her miserable existence,

EDIT: Fixed link, old one was from Joss Whedon thread
Last edited by Tony Schiavone on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Your link leads to a twitter account, presumably yours, telling Whedon to go fuck himself.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:09 pm

I'd hate be be one of the parents but living in a country of three-hundred million a couple of shootings a year is pretty good. Removing crime related shootings, a.k.a. nigger and spics, of course. I'd rather live in a country were an occasional mass shooting occurs by some deranged white guy than looking over my shoulder every goddamn minute to see if a Muslim "refugee" is going to shank, chop, rape, or run me over whenever I leave my fucking house.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm

It's not like it even happens often or is preventable in the first place. The dude in Munich that shot up a mall or at least tried to got his gun via dark net. How would you possibly prevent that?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm
It's not like it even happens often or is preventable in the first place. The dude in Munich that shot up a mall or at least tried to got his gun via dark net. How would you possibly prevent that?
Likewise with a kid who steals his mom's guns, like that one spree shooter did.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Honestly, you could probably cut down on spree shootings if the parasite press didn't turn every single one into a media circus and publicise the shit out of it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm
Now, one solution the republicans seem eager to try, which may work, is to arm a teacher or two. We obviously shouldn't have everyone walking around with guns in schools all day erry day, but the presence of a "good guy with a gun" can reduce the scope of the crime when a spree shooting does happen. It's not as simple as a bad guy shows up and good guy immediately pops him in the head, but the spree shooter being shot back at can encourage them to commit suicide or delay their massacre.
Trump even suggested that it'd be teachers who were in the armed forces and giving teachers a bonus for learning how to use a gun. Naturally, the media rebuked the idea because "Drumpf!"

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm
Honestly, you could probably cut down on spree shootings if the parasite press didn't turn every single one into a media circus and publicise the shit out of it.
That would help since experts seem to agree that making them celebrities created copycats. That isn't exclusive to shooters either, it applies to serial killers as well. But the media care more about money and sensationalism than actually making things better.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.