School Shootings: A Unique American Art Form

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: School Shootings: A Unique American Art Form

Post by mad bum » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm

I can't wait until north korea gets mad because they are not in the spotlight anymore and threatens to blow up some shitty island again so this can all be forgotten.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Or what if some GIs get bombed by the Ottoman Empire?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 pm
Or what if some GIs get bombed by the Ottoman Empire?
Then we retake Constantinople and the Greeks will stop being butthurt about it.

I decided to look into the history of mass shootings in the USA, and found this:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-shoo ... ew/5355990

The key stat is this one:
Of the 67 shooters in the past 30 years:

65 had mental health issues
55 obtained weapons legally
They also started spiking in the 1980s. It's clear the issue is a combination of mental health services in the USA being dogshit since Reagan and that nutjobs can legally obtain weapons. If someone has mental issues their guns should be temporarily confiscated until a qualified psychologist deems them mentally repaired, and way more money needs to be put into background checks if these fuckers are getting guns WHILE they are mentally ill.

But nah, take away the guns and trust your feelings rather than your brain.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Nah, take loonies guns forever. Doesn't matter if it's depression or whatever else. Mentally unstable people can't be trusted with anything.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm really not quite sure why it appears to be such an issue to make guns haram for people for are certified mental. Not doing that is just asking for trouble.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm

School shootings are a Protected designation of origin for America.
Any attempt to recreate them outside of the USA will be met by the second most American thing after school shootings, lawsuits.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 pm

So that's why those dudes tend to off themselves or commit suicide by cop when the run comes to an end. Shit, I wouldn't like to get sued either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 pm
I'm really not quite sure why it appears to be such an issue to make guns haram for people for are certified mental. Not doing that is just asking for trouble.
The mentally ill are the gun industry's best, if not of the best, customers.

There just needs to be some insane penalty system if a company's gun is used in a shooting. The next time a shooting happens, gun company's should be praying in tears it wasn't their gun used in the slaughter. That's how you reduce these things. Maybe then they'll be more scrupulous of who they sell to.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:57 am

I doubt that would work in practice. All it would do is increase the price of all firearms, as the guns most likely to be used in crimes are the CHEAPEST. Manufacturers of expensive, quality firearms would not be affected, nor would companies that make so-called semi-automatic "assault weapons." The majority of guns used in crimes are obtained either extremely cheaply or for free (such as via theft, from a family member.)

If anything, it would price .22 rifles almost entirely out of the market along with old defunct companies that used to make saturday night specials. HiPoint would go out of business too.

Your proposed solution is retarded and makes me think you're definitely a britbong.

Mental health checks are a possibility, but again, this would punish law-abiding citizens with a history of mental illness, and would discourage law-abiding gun owners from treating any mental health issue (as reporting it might get their firearms taken away.) I'd have to look at stats on mental health, but I'm reasonably certain there are waaaaay more people with mental health issues who lawfully own firearms and have not every used them improperly than there are spree shooters in the making. Taking away a gun from a legal owner because of something they MIGHT do is PreCog-tier shit. Anyone might do anything. A mental health issue is an indicator, but not the only one. All removing guns from people who have admitted to mental health issues does is remove guns from the honest people, unless you want to order a psych eval for every person who has ever owned a firearm in fucking Burgerland. There are already shitloads of undiagnosed mentally ill people.

Besides which, removing right to own a firearm from someone with any history of mental health issues sends the message that a mental health issue cannot be cured and is an offense on par with a felony. This would reinforce in the minds of some that their mental health problems are their fault and that they have done something wrong by contracting depression, etc.

Both parties are looking for an easy solution where, in my opinion, none exists. The shitlibs think we can just ban guns problem solved. What the republicans want to do varies, but usually involves some sort of selective rights curtailing on the mentally ill. But what we think of as mental illness encompasses a vast spectrum which allows for plenty of room for responsible, law-abiding adult behavior. Otherwise all people with mental health issues would and should be summarily committed and cared for as though they were children without rights. If someone with depression can be competent to stand trial, vote or drink responsibly, they can be competent to own a firearm.

Everyone is trying to go at the spree shooter issue backwards by tracing some common factor. "They're all white." "They all had guns." "They were all mentally ill" (I'd love to see how they measure that shit) etc. I don't think it's as simple as finding X trigger and removing capacity for X individuals to access X weapons. You can make poison gas out of household chemicals and buy kitchen knives and machetes in any large store. Firebombs are cheap and easy to make and almost everyone in the first world has a car.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:03 am

Pope Corky III wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 am
There just needs to be some insane penalty system if a company's gun is used in a shooting. The next time a shooting happens, gun company's should be praying in tears it wasn't their gun used in the slaughter. That's how you reduce these things. Maybe then they'll be more scrupulous of who they sell to.
You're an idiot. That's like penalising Honda for someone using their car in an accident. I understand MAYBE punishing the store who sold a gun to a nutjob, but the manufacturer? You are beyond retarded.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:57 am
Mental health checks are a possibility, but again, this would punish law-abiding citizens with a history of mental illness, and would discourage law-abiding gun owners from treating any mental health issue (as reporting it might get their firearms taken away.) I'd have to look at stats on mental health, but I'm reasonably certain there are waaaaay more people with mental health issues who lawfully own firearms and have not every used them improperly than there are spree shooters in the making. Taking away a gun from a legal owner because of something they MIGHT do is PreCog-tier shit. Anyone might do anything. A mental health issue is an indicator, but not the only one. All removing guns from people who have admitted to mental health issues does is remove guns from the honest people, unless you want to order a psych eval for every person who has ever owned a firearm in fucking Burgerland. There are already shitloads of undiagnosed mentally ill people.

Besides which, removing right to own a firearm from someone with any history of mental health issues sends the message that a mental health issue cannot be cured and is an offense on par with a felony. This would reinforce in the minds of some that their mental health problems are their fault and that they have done something wrong by contracting depression, etc
Your argument here seems to be based on someone having their guns taken away permanently if they have ever had mental health issues. I specifically said while they had a problem and then returning them once their problems are fixed, why would they be scared to get help if their guns will be returned to them anyway?

Obviously it depends on the severity of their issues, but someone like the recent shooter had people come to his housed 38 times. In that case, it's clear you take the guns. If someone is just depressed because a family member died or going through trauma of seeing a family member get killed you obviously don't take them, you would need experts to judge how stable someone is mentally to see how safe it is for them to be around firearms:

https://www.newsmax.com/health/brain-he ... id/651353/

Now some of those examples can't be helped without a hardcore police state, but a few of them had seen psychiatrists who knew they had issues and yet they had access to guns. And their issues were very severe like autism and schizophrenia, with some like Jared Loughner being asked to leave his college because of his issues and Aaron Alexis who was investigated by the police before the incident. Many of them had been to psychiatrists before.

If you have full blown autism you should not have access to a gun. Chris Chan should never own a gun, and his autism has proven to be an issue with public spaz outs like when he tried to run someone over and when he maced a gamestop employee. You want HIM to have a gun?

Unlike Republicans I'm not saying this is the only way to stop it, but it's a huge factor in dealing with this. Reporting on it and making the shooter a celebrity doesn't help either (they should never show the face and name of the person doing it, keep that shit anonymous), shit parenting (Eliot Roger) and other factors we need to look into since the 80s need to be addressed. Improving mental health facilities in the USA needs to be done and people need to admit Reagan and Hollywood fucked up by shutting down all the crazy houses and treating them like their were Nazi science labs.

I think general societal issues could be at play too since it's always either a white dude or sometimes an Asian dude who does this, black guys are probably in the mass shooting stats technically since it is 4 or more people being shot but that is likely gang related shit and not in shopping centres. A lack of masculinity culturally is likely partly responsible as well.

One thing I do know is Republicans saying "it's a mental health problem" and then proceeding to do absolutely fucking nothing to fix mental health in the USA won't solve the issue. Leftards REEEEEing to take away the guns won't solve it either and they know it, the mass shooter issue is complex and even needs different solutions to the general problem of gun homicides in the USA (which is just as complex). But that requires work and politicians historically always want the quick fix.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.