Have you lost friends over politics?

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Lindsay's Liver

Re: Have you lost friends over politics?

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 am

No, but I don't make a big deal about my politics. I don't have one of those personalities that thrives on arguing. It's just an unnecessary hassle most of the time, I think. I do 90% of my venting on internet forums like this.

I'm good friends with my neighbors and they are mega-Lefties. They kept their Beto O'Rourke for Senator sign in their yard for almost a year after he lost. But they're also nice, mellow people. We hang. I like them a lot. We do talk politics, but I don't say things like "Holy fuck, look at these assholes that the Democrats are offering up! Trump could eat any of them for breakfast. Did you see the hilarious thing he tweeted this morning?".

Instead I might say something like "Man, it feels like the Democrats are having a hard time getting it together. I think Bernie's a hard-sell to moderates and I'm still not sure what Biden even stands for. Meanwhile, the economy is good. The Democrats have a real uphill battle ahead of them. It will be interesting to watch what happens."

I keep it very "objective", just interested in the story.

My wife knows about my politics. She's more lefty than me. She voted Hillary in 2016 while I voted Trump. We waited in line together for thirty minutes just to cancel out each other's votes. These days, she's going Trump. She hates everyone running. Meanwhile, she also likes the neighbors and doesn't want to rock the boat.

It probably helps that I'm in my 40s and everyone I know is about the same age. I honestly don't even cross real life paths with these hardcore, shrill, screaming SJWs that I see on the internets.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:51 am
That reminds me, my cousin and her friend were arguing about ass (as) like usual, but it's race shit again and it gets on my nerves.

Now keep in mind the main and mostly only reason I'm even going to this college was because my parents both went and met each other there to carry on the tradition of going there. Problem is, it's way worse than when they went up here.

Now I try to stay away from race shit but it's hard to avoid you know. So they talked about how they didn't have curves and how only black girls or girls with curves are in rap videos (which all things considered is true)

It went straight to eleven when they talked about some broad that wants to lynch niggas yet still gets votes (I haven't been following politik lately) and it went from white people are racist unironically with no joking to slitting white peoples throats and I'm like what the actual fuck is happening I don't want to hear this insane shit.

Oh and the throat thing? Said by that fat furry guy I talked about a while ago.

Christ.
I feel for you little bro. What part of the country are you from?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:01 am

South, where it's common for this shit.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:54 am

They were arguing about ass? How should I imagine such an argument?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:08 am

You know about how size and curves matters to dudes which is all they care about and that jazz. Plus one of them said she doesn't have curves. So when I call her out on putting herself down she said she doesn't care, but you'd think that if you didn't care you wouldn't bring it up.

Just like some ex my cousin was dating. She broke up with the nigga but she keeps on casually bringing him up like OMG me and *blank* used to do that or *blank* showed me this and etc. It just gets on my nerves. Like if you don't like the man anymore just drop him completely.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

GitGud
Quality Poster

Post by GitGud » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:25 am

I love some ass, but i really really like my hips in one piece. Black Booty is to much, and often comes with real altitude.
Smaller ass gets more BpM and is not so exhausting to move. Jackhammer Cowgirl is a danger for your dick too....

And to stay on topic, no, most friends of mine are on the same page, and the two left out are cops 😁
I will return when i the times are dire.
"I had this nurse yesterday who was super careful giving me morphine and she sais "this could kill 4 of me lols"

That was fun.
-Auli

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:42 am
My wife knows about my politics. She's more lefty than me. She voted Hillary in 2016 while I voted Trump. We waited in line together for thirty minutes just to cancel out each other's votes. These days, she's going Trump. She hates everyone running. Meanwhile, she also likes the neighbors and doesn't want to rock the boat.
Women are prone to adopt their husbands' political views over time, that is if you don't preach about your opinions to them. I've been 8 years together with my spouse, and while she never was any kind of leftist, she's become considerably more right wing and does have some really acute opinions that I'm not even sure if I'm that right on these matters.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:14 pm

Married men are embarrassments.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:35 am

I'm pretty sure I've lost some friends these last few weeks. This happens every election year.

This time, I have fucking had it. I'm not pulling any more punches on my liberal friends. I totally BTFO this one particular friend and he demanded an apology to keep our friendship. I said not to hold his breath. He thinks he's allowed to make multiple shitlib political posts every day without argument, but if I dare to post something conservative, he needs to lecture me about how I'm totally wrong.

What good are these people to me, anyways? These are people that I knew a lifetime ago that haven't interacted with me IRL since before some of you fellows were even born. It's been so long that they're not really even the same people I once knew.
お前はもう死んでいる。

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 am

I've kept in contact with no one from my post college life. Seriously. I like to think I was the last great generation because anyone I look up from my school life work, have spouses and children.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.