Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:58 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm
That’s a dead on assessment of the entire situation. I’ll be honest, I’ve delved into some of his media and I’ve never been super impressed, is there a good story I’m missing or is he just overrated by people with Cthulhu plushies?
People with Cthulhu plushies have probably never actually read any of his works.
Though I admit some of his stories may not have aged too well. There's like one about a dead guy who has built a custom air conditioner to keep himself from rotting away and you can see the twist coming from a mile away.
Even famous shit like Dagon has a creepypasta-tier "Oh shit they're coming to get me (but I'm still writing this for some reas)!" ending.
Or there's also otherwise spooky stuff where the writing itself is a bit weird, like The Temple where the Prussian U-Boat captain has to remind you every other sentence that he's Prussian.

Now onto the recommendations (while trying to avoid the ones everyone has heard about)!
  • The Statement of Randolph Carter: Effectively a Tales from the Crypt like story, but hey, it's short and gets to the point.
  • The Outsider: A very Poe-esque story, kinda like the premise of some artsy adventure game.
  • The Picture in the House: Basically Lovecraft's take on hillbilly slasher horror. Not actually very mythos-y, but who gives af.
  • The Whisperer in Darkness: I don't really hear this mentioned nearly as much as say The Colour out of Space or The Shadow over Innsmouth, but I like it. Though you might question why the protagonist doesn't spot the huge warning signs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:06 pm

That’s a good list, I wrote it down for later. I definitely want to hear his take on a slasher story.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:20 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:59 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm
H.P. Lovecraft is one of the more legitimate ones, actually. Considering he was racist IRL and also put racism in his books everywhere (which is hilarious). But with most other authors, some SJW will read one volume of their work and decide that they have that author completely pegged and there's no possible way the person could have nuanced opinions which even contradict the content of that one novel.
It may not be accurate, but one story I listened to about Lovecraft said part of his racism came from his weird isolated upbringing and ignorance rather than pure malice, and that he softened up in later life. Ever heard that? It’s hard to find information due to detractors who’d never want something like that to become common knowledge.
Suddenly, the deity "Shub-Niggurath" (may as well be "Niggerwrath") makes sense. :lol:
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:14 pm

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:20 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:59 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm
H.P. Lovecraft is one of the more legitimate ones, actually. Considering he was racist IRL and also put racism in his books everywhere (which is hilarious). But with most other authors, some SJW will read one volume of their work and decide that they have that author completely pegged and there's no possible way the person could have nuanced opinions which even contradict the content of that one novel.
It may not be accurate, but one story I listened to about Lovecraft said part of his racism came from his weird isolated upbringing and ignorance rather than pure malice, and that he softened up in later life. Ever heard that? It’s hard to find information due to detractors who’d never want something like that to become common knowledge.
Suddenly, the deity "Shub-Niggurath" (may as well be "Niggerwrath") makes sense. :lol:
Tremble before the Niggerwrath! We wuz cosmic entities and shit!
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:51 pm

The Great Race of WakandaShow

Turns out Lovecraft omitted a step before swapping minds with bugs in the far future.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Nigger is and always was just an anglo-saxonization of nigr. Of course Nogs want to keep their beat whitey for free card.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:00 pm

The Whisperer in Darkness

The Rats in the Walls

The Picture in the House

Shadow over Innsmouth

At The Mountains of Madness

Dagon

Cool Air

These are my favorite Lovecraft stories.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Uguuboi

Post by Uguuboi » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 pm

The Charles Dexter Ward one was better. The Mound was literary kino.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:52 pm

I'm very fond of The Dream-Quest Of Unknown Kadath as well.
Frankly, many of his straight up Cthulhu mythos stories are some of his weakest works.
You can get his complete work compiled into e-book format for a buck fiddy or something and really none of his stories are a long read. It's easy to get one done in a few short toilet sessions or on coffee break.

He doesn't write good twists or something. So I like his stories about dreams best. He paints some very alien worlds and you never know what comes next.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:08 pm

You don't even have to pay anything for an e-book. That shit is gratis.
-Yours Truly