Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Tranny's, SJWs, male feminists - Imagine my shock!

Post by Le Redditeur » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 pm

Much like with Star Wars, the only good th8ng about Harry Potter are the memes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:59 pm
It may not be accurate, but one story I listened to about Lovecraft said part of his racism came from his weird isolated upbringing and ignorance rather than pure malice, and that he softened up in later life. Ever heard that? It’s hard to find information due to detractors who’d never want something like that to become common knowledge.
He was born in 1890. Cars and electricity were a novelty and the Wright brothers flew what is arguably the first airplane when he was 13. Nobody just had a phone, the telegraph was in use, the wild west still existed with many of the legends passing just years before his birth.
Niggers weren't considered people by a large part of the population, Chinks built rails and were held for ransom over opium deliveries, Indians were still considered goofy savages at best.

Point is, I want to put into perspective at what general time he grew up.
His opinions weren't odd by a long shot. In fact, they were downright benevolent, if patronising.
Viewing the boorish negro as a less intelligent creature, yet an interesting one with borderline magical tendencies or the Arab as exotic Orientals with forbidden knowledge from the mystical land of 1001 nights is far from malicious.

Naturally, as a proper native of New England and considering himself a pure Anglo-Saxon, he would not suffer a nigger at the dinner table.
But he was far from notably racist at his time, nor is anything in his stories even mildly racist for the early 20th century.

I'd say the vast majority of the planet's population has a much more sober and worse opinion on niggers and sandniggers today than Lovecraft ever had. If anything, he romanticised both.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:10 pm

It's a bit ironic that brown and black people in his works tend to handle all the Eldritch shit better.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:10 pm
It's a bit ironic that brown and black people in his works tend to handle all the Eldritch shit better.
It's not ironic in the slightest. At the very least in his novels, much like how it's still a popular trope in garbage horror movies, the occult and mystic beliefs of tribal foreigners are considered to have some explanation or connection to the interdimensional horrors of his world.

That H.P. Loveceaft just super hated niggers is, to quote Wolfgang Pauli, "not even wrong".
Poltergeist brought along the magical nigress to deal with the odd phenomena. Dozens of horror was built upon Indian burial grounds.

Again, he was not at all exceptionally racist. It's rather the positive racism of the knowledgeable savage when it comes to weird shit - because hey, all their shit is weird to a New England Anglo that feels rather undignified already by being born in the colonies and not even a proper one like Rhodesia or South Africa.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:54 am

Don't forget the Magical Latina (usually the protagonists' maid), for when you think the Magical Negro would be too on the nose.
Shit, I thought this was more of a movie thing :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 am

I don't quite recall a Latina in his stories but Gypsies are basically roaming mystical occultist to him that ought to have some black magic knowledge.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:30 pm

Woman finds out there are consequences:
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:30 pm
Woman finds out there are consequences:
Good, hope she learns the hard way that you can’t just openly threaten people.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 am
I don't quite recall a Latina in his stories but Gypsies are basically roaming mystical occultist to him that ought to have some black magic knowledge.
I know we’ve talked about how SJWs can’t stop gobbling up his work despite their rampant condemnation of him, even if some just the name ironically like Lovecraft Country. Cause they’re in racist places yeah! So subtle! I’ll never forget the ending of that tv series where “white people were banned from using magic” by the stronk nigress. It’s peak fragility cope. We wus magix and shit!
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:48 pm

I would've laughed my ass off if this hoe of color went "I-it was just a prank, bro" inbetween bouts of crying.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 am
Really any vaguely ethnic person with a poor grasp on English can make work in a pinch.
Old Black Man wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:35 pm
I know we’ve talked about how SJWs can’t stop gobbling up his work despite their rampant condemnation of him
It's either pure hypocrisy (with them just wanting to make a quick buck using everyone's favorite public domain horror IP), or some misguided attempt to "conquer" the Cthulhu Mythos for the Left to ruin White Man's fun (except it's once again public domain so there isn't any kind of canon you can officially control).
In either case you have to remember to recite the magic words with which to condemn Lovecraft and everything he stands for, so it becomes okay for you to use his amazing ideas.
-Yours Truly

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:30 pm

That’s a dead on assessment of the entire situation. I’ll be honest, I’ve delved into some of his media and I’ve never been super impressed, is there a good story I’m missing or is he just overrated by people with Cthulhu plushies?

Btw, I just remembered that TES Oblivion had a very heavily Lovecraft inspired quest that was actually pretty good. Better than the Fallout stuff.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/A_ ... r_Hackdirt
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.