I'm tired of "Awareness"

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Cancer

I'm tired of "Awareness"

Post by Cancer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Warframe is doing a month of solidarity where they released an in-game orange ribbon for Leukemia awareness. I have no problem with what they're doing since they're actually donating to relevant charities (no I don't care to go into the problems with a good portion of cancer charities out there) and participating in an actual community event in their home town while doing it.

It reminds me of how much cancer awareness pisses me off, though. Every time you turn around there's some new colored ribbon everyone is wearing to make sure everyone's, "aware," of some random form of cancer. Hey, did you know xxxxx amount of people have died from this cancer type? No? Well now you do! No, I don't know anything else about it, but go get your balls checked by a doctor because you never know-- you might have cancer, too!!

At what point are we too aware? At what point does awareness turn into a nonchalant acknowledgement? At what point does cancer awareness become so normal to us that we see the ribbon and go, "oh, it's that again," and don't even bother with a second glance? At what point are we just using cancer awareness months to simply sell different colored merchandise and claim it's for a greater cause?

I'll tell you at what point. At the point that you're Breast Cancer Awareness. That's at what point.

Fast facts are Destiny tier and that's what everyone does with their, "awareness," campaigns. There's never any educating. I don't understand this approach and it makes me legitimately angry that everyone's so busy making sure I know useless trivia instead of actually talking about the fact that women could possibly lose their actual, entire breast if they don't get it looked at. They never mention that crap.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: I'm tired of "Awareness"

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 pm

I was just glad it wasn't about faggot shit.
By the way, I check tits for possible lumps for free. I'll be really thorough, too! :lol:

PS: AGDQ is the very worst of those awareness things. "Prevent Cancer Foundation" is a fucking scam that does fuckall. All those dumb donators going "let's fight cancer!" when that's not even what they do. It's a straight up scam.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Theres big bidniss in starting disease campains. Those Susan G Komen shit makes a gorillions dollars every October and none of that even goes to fighting the looming threat of cancer.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:51 pm
Theres big bidniss in starting disease campains. Those Susan G Komen shit makes a gorillions dollars every October and none of that even goes to fighting the looming threat of cancer.
Is there any site that charts how much money goes to fight which diseases?
I remember that feminists endorsing Susan G Deadbitch foundation were saying stupid things like, "If men got this disease, there would be a cure for it by now." There are so many things wrong with that stupid sentence. It seems like a disproportionate amount of money goes to breast cancer and AIDS research. They are trendy, sexy diseases. Nobody gives a fuck about prostate cancer or colorectal cancer.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure AIDS is easy to prevent.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 pm

So I think I found something.
https://report.nih.gov/categorical_spending.aspx
So this seems to show that Cancer and Women's Health are getting a ton of money. Whereas nobody gives a damn about allergies (hay fever), Tourette's, or Reye's Syndrome.
お前はもう死んでいる。

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:36 pm

Cancer in an economy.

Look at the paychecks doctors get, that company's get for supplying that poison to "treat", not cure, people's cancer.

You might as well just stop going if you get cancer. Even if they deign to cure you, you're bankrupt. Just take the pain meds and die.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm
I remember that feminists endorsing Susan G Deadbitch foundation were saying stupid things like, "If men got this disease, there would be a cure for it by now." There are so many things wrong with that stupid sentence. It seems like a disproportionate amount of money goes to breast cancer and AIDS research. They are trendy, sexy diseases. Nobody gives a fuck about prostate cancer or colorectal cancer.
Men can get breast cancer, too. It usually ends uglier because that's not something you check routinely.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:47 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm
Men can get breast cancer, too. It usually ends uglier because that's not something you check routinely.
Yes, that is one of the stupid things about that sentence. It also implies that all the scientists are men. And it assumes that scientists could cure it if they wanted to, but won't because misogyny.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Oh yeah, and I'm sure there's already a perfect cure for AIDS, but dem evil scientists just get a laugh at watching black people and fags waste away.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette