RIP FRANCE

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: RIP FRANCE

Post by mad bum » Mon May 15, 2017 11:38 am

Saoirse Ronan wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 5:35 pm
Hoyce Gracie was the most overrated "fighter" on the planet. His family started the UFC to show what a badass he was, then he got his ass kicked by a Kempo guy who uppercutted him for two minutes straight
Hoyce Gracie was in the right place at the right time during the early days of UFC where it's a bunch of fat bums who thought they were bad ass because they won a few bar fights. Everyone wanted to punch it out and here comes this guy who goes dirty and these hillbillies had no idea what was going on. It didn't last long before people wised up though and he became worthless.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm

The only UFCs worth watching are the very first. You get bedroom ninjas getting the shit beaten out of them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 5:01 am
You can tell Judo was intended for practical use, even though it is a combat sport, because they do shit like "lapel grab throws" rather than "twist this joint in just this exact way at this time with this perfect posture and using the chi of the earth" throws. One benefit of combat sport martial arts is (unless you get those aura sparring fags who won't even make contact) their moves are trained to actually be used in stressful situations (competitions) against resisting opponents. Wrestling has the same benefit, although my inner faggotry prevented me from enjoying rubbing against sweaty men. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. :D
Judo definitely doesn't fuck around with ki bullshit.

And why would you ever want to learn a martial arts where you never get to face actual opponents?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Anti-Marxist

Post by Anti-Marxist » Mon May 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Because spinning high kicks are a lot more fun then oiling up in a speedo and getting humped by some dudebro for three rounds.

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm
Oh and Ronan, the thing is, if by "MMA" you mean Tapout fags, then yeah I agree. But when you train a striking style and then train in some grappling like you said, that could technically also be called "MMA" aka "mixed martial arts." If someone asked you what you trained and you trained boxing, kenpo and greco-roman wrestling, the simplest response would be "MMA."
To me, that's training two separate martial arts. MMA is a shitty hodgepodge taught by dudebros who were themselves taught by dudebros. Or they are just wrestlers/BBJ guys who added some Muy Thai they saw in a Van Damme movie. There's a reason pro MMA fighters train with boxing/muy thai coaches instead of some homey at the gym.

As for grappling, you really only need to learn to sprawl, which is just pushing down on someone trying to take out your legs. That's it. Keep 'em up, and if you know how to box you'll shut it down real quick.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm
The only UFCs worth watching are the very first. You get bedroom ninjas getting the shit beaten out of them.
Watching UFC 1 is hilarious. Gracie and Shamrock were the only two fighters who knew what the fuck they were doing in that tournament. The match they had may have been quick, but they were both going for a quick win due to the one night tournament format so any of them could have won.

Hilariously, the referee of their fight didn't know what tapping was, so when Shamrock tapped and Gracie let go, the fight didn't stop. Luckily Shamrock was sportsmen like and told the ref what he did.

The other fighters were exactly as you said, fighters who had never gone up against different styles who looked like they ran McDojos.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Actually, I need to rewatch that. I remember it being hilarious.
Anti-Marxist wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:16 pm
Because spinning high kicks are a lot more fun then oiling up in a speedo and getting humped by some dudebro for three rounds.
It's also much nicer to learn in some TKD dojo that focuses on kicking boards to impress your mom than one that trains for competitive fights where you get kicked in the head.
Mr. Saoirse Ronan wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 pm
As for grappling, you really only need to learn to sprawl, which is just pushing down on someone trying to take out your legs. That's it. Keep 'em up, and if you know how to box you'll shut it down real quick.
And that's where Tapoutfags would come in and tell you BJJ is the be all end all. While it is legit and useful in a match where ground fighting is a thing you certainly don't want to lie on the ground in a bar fight or on the street.
So I still say Judo is best. When it goes from punching to somebody grabbing you or if they start aggression with grabbing you you just throw them to the ground really hard. Nobody sees that shit coming.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm
That sounds amazing. Early karate and kungfu here in burgerland were big-time fads and a lot of the dojos, from what I hear, were pure money-spinners teaching bullshit. IMO that's why the Gracies and BJJ ended up wiping everyone out when they came along.

There's some Judo stuff in the movie The Raid, and it's fucking rad as shit. Shoving, push-pulling, throwing, basically just slamming the other dude into hard stuff. Also yeah, you don't want to be writhing around on the ground in non-dojo environments. You ever seen what kind of shit is on the sidewalk/road/ground outside? Nasty. To say nothing of American History X-style curbstomping.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 16, 2017 3:19 am

Mr. Saoirse Ronan wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm
Oh and Ronan, the thing is, if by "MMA" you mean Tapout fags, then yeah I agree. But when you train a striking style and then train in some grappling like you said, that could technically also be called "MMA" aka "mixed martial arts." If someone asked you what you trained and you trained boxing, kenpo and greco-roman wrestling, the simplest response would be "MMA."
To me, that's training two separate martial arts. MMA is a shitty hodgepodge taught by dudebros who were themselves taught by dudebros. Or they are just wrestlers/BBJ guys who added some Muy Thai they saw in a Van Damme movie. There's a reason pro MMA fighters train with boxing/muy thai coaches instead of some homey at the gym.

IMO, and I'm just a scrub these days, but knees also help with that. Someone keeps trying to take you down? They're often putting their head right in range of a sick knee strike. Knees are fucking brutal. Muay Thai is legit, but the problem is you gotta train REAL HARD on Muay Thai to BE legit with it. It's more physical conditioning than anything. Otherwise it's just shitty kickboxing for burgers to pretend they're well hard with.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm

I hate to keep harping on the Gracies, but those early UFCs show how overrated BJJ is. Hoyce (spell it right, Brazil) might have won some of the tournaments, but he never dominated. Even against scrubs with no knowledge of grappling he got his ass consistently kicked. Again, I point to Keith Hackney, the Kempo guy who beat the holy hell out of him for two minutes before finally falling down and getting submitted. Hoyce was hopping around like a dumbshit, clinging to the guy's shirt and just eating uppercuts because he didn't know how to block. If Hackney knew how to throw a punch that fight would have been over real quick.

And then there are all the times he had to bow out of the tournaments because he was too tired from getting his ass kicked, or broke his hand trying to make a fist.