Heraldry

Shitpost about Trump, SJWs, Islam and everything else about politics except economics, because that's too hard
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Heraldry

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:12 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:24 am
They haven't made many good flags for our burger states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... erritories
Oh shit, bro, you weren't kidding! Oh gawd! So much ugly!
Okay, let's take a look at the positives. Alabama is super solid. Texas is looking good as well. Uh, that's about it, unfortunately.
Hawaii goes for the 2 2/3 French and quarter Brit, Mississippi is kinda southern but 3/4 French, I guess, Arizona goes full on commie east Asian nation and oddly Tennessee does so as well in a different way and the rest just straight up didn't give a fuck.
Especially Washington is just plain terrible. Yeah, I guess just put the dude in there and then, like, green, you know, dude? Fucking terrible!
The rest of you, be very, very ashamed of you! Some kinda blue and an ugly coat of arms? God, that's awful! Illinois and Massachusetts couldn't even decide on a colour! No, Nevada, putting your shitty coat of arms in the corner doesn't make it much better.
Hey, South Carolina, do you think you're a Muslim nation or something? A palm tree and a sickle moon? The fuck is going on with you spastics?
Ohio, you're doing surprisingly good.
Look at Maryland, everybody. Barely trying for an European design and outdoing all of you idiots despite being on meth.
Wow, absolutely terrible! Terrible!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Heraldry

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:17 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_German_states
Ah, look at that! A fucking feast for sore eyes!
Unified coat of arms placement and never too many colours. I could look at those all day and identify them from miles away.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am

Did this need a thread?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am
Did this need a thread?
I figured that if I'm going to sperg about flags I should make a thread for it instead of shitting up the Trump thread. So is this seriously a complaint, would you rather have me post it in the Trump thread or are you just being a cunt because that's in your nature?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:52 am

I just don't think it warranted its own separate thread. We often go off topic
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:58 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:52 am
I just don't think it warranted its own separate thread. We often go off topic
I'm planning on going through flags of other nations in the future as well. No, the two posts so far wouldn't warrant their own tread on their own, to answer your rather daft question, but the reason I'm making it is due to my plan on expanding on it. I'm not exactly one to just post lots of threads for no reason.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:18 am

Judging by the burger flags, I think it is safe to assume that the art of heraldry died before the colonisation of the new world :thinking:

Also time for Glorious Nihon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_flags

Look at this fucking art. The Fukushima one looks especially pretty. I might go there for a bit once I finally start my pilgrimage.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 am

Hm, there are a few pretty good ones and a few bland ones. I might consider Japan next. After an in debt look into German ones. That's the first I'll display the good, the bad and the ugly off to combat claims of bias.
After that I planned on either Italy or Great Britain but Japan looks interesting.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:33 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am
Did this need a thread?
Of course YOU have to be a buzzkill, it's ingrained in your anglo DNA.

Our state flags are call boring as shit since they copy paste the Aussie flag as a template, remove all the stars , usually dump a fucking circle where the Southern Cross is and half ass a design:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... erritories

In terms of city flags I was curious why I have never seen Sydney's flag, now I know why:
SpoilerShow
Over designed and just shit all round. All the of city ones are except Perth:
SpoilerShow
Accurately portrays the high density of English people who live there to this day (I don't mean ethnicly) and the Swans represent Swan River. The rest are fucking trash.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:47 am

If you think your flags are shit you haven't been looking around many nations. Some of your flags are really interesting and some are downright amazing. Sure, most of it is a Union Jack in the top left corner, blue everything and whateverwhogivesashit kinda coat of arms but some are pretty alright.
But yeah, that Sydney one is downright disgusting. Yeah, no shit you've never seen anyone fly that one. That's often the case with ugly flags, nobody knows about them because nobody flies them.

An example to the opposite is Chicago, as mentioned, or Amsterdam.
If you've ever been to Amsterdamn you've seen it. Guaranteed. Before you say "yeah, duh" have you ever seen the flag of New York in New York? Anywhere? You won't. It's fucking hideous. But in Amsterdam you'll see the flag of it everywhere. It looks like a turbo rad pirate flag!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!