Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
BenComicGraphics

Re: Star Dreck

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:18 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:38 pm
I'm Asian and I'd know what to do.
Does it annoy you that Harry Kim is a fake Korean?
I'm 99% sure they thought Kim was a chinese name when they made the character.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:33 pm

China probably took over Korea in the Eugenics Wars.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:10 pm

We need to have some kind of racial discrimination test when registering - I'm not comfortable posting on a forum with blacks AND asians. If we ever get a TRUE and HONEST woman on here I'm getting the fuck out.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:28 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:10 pm
We need to have some kind of racial discrimination test when registering - I'm not comfortable posting on a forum with blacks AND asians. If we ever get a TRUE and HONEST woman on here I'm getting the fuck out.
Don't worry, we already shooed away the resident goon femoid.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:15 am

Just found season 1 of Enterprise on blu ray for $5. No idea if that's a deal or not, but it was the only copy, so some nerd is going to be weeping into his pocky tonight.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Saw the Trouble with Tribbles for the first time. No hot takes here, I loved it. Kirk genuinely looks like he's having a mental breakdown having to deal with grain problems and fluffy balls everywhere. His reactions become more and more hilarious as the episode goes on. Extra points for having William Campbell back as a Klingon. It's not quite Trelane, but he's always great to see and has great chemistry with Shatner.
"My dear captain Kirk-"
"My deaaaar captain Koloth!"

Another really good episode for Shatner is A Piece Of The Action. The story's kind of dumb, but you can tell he loves roleplaying a gangster and hogging the limelight. Shatner has an innate aptitude for comedy that I never realised. These(and the 2nd Harry Mudd episode) are his best performances by far.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Trouble with Tribbles is probably my favorite TOS episode next to Balance of Terror. It's hilarious they picked that one for the DS9 anniversary "crossover".

A Piece of the Action is kinda ingenius in its own way. It's about as silly as these "Aliens LARPing as blokes from Earth's history"-episodes go, but Kirk handled it like a boss. He realized how FUBAR this civilization was and decided to "negotiate" with them in a "language" that they understand.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:13 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:12 pm
Trouble with Tribbles is probably my favorite TOS episode next to Balance of Terror. It's hilarious they picked that one for the DS9 anniversary "crossover".

A Piece of the Action is kinda ingenius in its own way. It's about as silly as these "Aliens LARPing as blokes from Earth's history"-episodes go, but Kirk handled it like a boss. He realized how FUBAR this civilization was and decided to "negotiate" with them in a "language" that they understand.
Ds9s anniversary ep, if they couldn't get the video tech working with tribbles was going to be revisiting a piece of the action where the entire planet became trekkies.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:48 am

Man, my undying love for DS9 has just become even more everlasting :lol:
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Watched The Immunity Syndrome. This is an episode I'd never heard about and I've no idea why, I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Like Balance Of Terror, there's some real submarine film vibes, except instead of a conventional enemy, they're dealing with a new fascinating lifeform(the giant amoeba).

The "zone of darkness" grabbed me immediately - nothing like a Bermuda triangle homage to immediately capture one's attention. It's a classic, creepy idea. And the rest of the episode is full of really great character interactions, especially between Spock and McCoy.
"Recommend you abandon the attempt. Do not risk the ship further on my behalf.”
"SHUT UP SPOCK, WE'RE RESCUING YOU!"
"Why thank you, Captain McCoy."

Bottle episodes really need more love. Most bottle episodes I've seen are the best episodes of their respective TV shows. Those have to be written well to be any good whatsoever, and the writers know it.
Last edited by Rushy on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.