Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:57 am

Everyone on Star Trek is incredibly sexless. I wasn't born during the Hoover administration so I never watched the original Star Trek when it aired during the Victorian period, but the other shows were all so sterile and asexual. Now they're super gay.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:57 am
Everyone on Star Trek is incredibly sexless. I wasn't born during the Hoover administration so I never watched the original Star Trek when it aired during the Victorian period, but the other shows were all so sterile and asexual. Now they're super gay.
This didn't turn you on?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:52 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:56 am
I would also wager that the 32nd Century is a miserable shithole century with gratuitous swearing and racism. NuTrek loves that stuff.
Dilithium randomly blew up everywhere, so now the Federation just doesn't exist anymore. It's Picard all over again.

EDIT: They're still clinging onto the past though. One of the episodes of season 3 is called "Unification III", which is apparently a sequel to the Unification two-parter in TNG.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Of course they're still clinging to that sweet, sweet nostalgia, no matter how hard they then proceed to rape it.

And Unification III? Jeebus fuck, didn't Picard already fuck around with Romulan lore?
Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:57 am
I think you might be a legit ace if you've never felt the raw sexual tension between Bones and pretty much every other male officer in TOS.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Rushy wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:52 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:56 am
I would also wager that the 32nd Century is a miserable shithole century with gratuitous swearing and racism. NuTrek loves that stuff.
Dilithium randomly blew up everywhere, so now the Federation just doesn't exist anymore. It's Picard all over again.

EDIT: They're still clinging onto the past though. One of the episodes of season 3 is called "Unification III", which is apparently a sequel to the Unification two-parter in TNG.
The actual quote from the show states that all the dilithium "went boom".

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:12 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:36 am

I'm sure it will have something to do with muh Romulan supernova bullshit. Everything JJ/Kurtzman Trek has to involve that shitty plotline somehow.
Is Spoony dead yet?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 am

This thing is like some kind of shitty retcon wave or something, forever changing the setting into something dumb.
Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:59 pm
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I took a glimpse at the plot descriptions of Discovery season 3

Even though it was promoted as being in the far future, apparently they're still doing stuff with the Mirror Universe and also brought back the Guardian Of Forever to set up their new Section 31 show.

Vulcan is somehow back in the future, even though it was supposed to have been blown up in the 2009 movie and Picard. Maybe it's a New Vulcan?

Andorians and Orions have become a joint syndicate, even though in old Trek, the Andorians were an honorable warrior race and the Orions were slave traders. But I guess greens and blues, it's all the same for them.

The Trill from Deep Space Nine were the focus of an episode.

The Temporal Cold War aka everyone's least favourite Enterprise arc is now an arc in this.

This is genuinely my least favourite TV show. Of like, all TV shows I've known.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:43 pm

All I know is that Captain Woke will be even more insufferable since the crew (aka she) is being tasked with restoring the Federation or something.
Rushy wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:35 pm
Vulcan is somehow back in the future, even though it was supposed to have been blown up in the 2009 movie and Picard. Maybe it's a New Vulcan?
Or Vulcan was actually transported into the future as well. Who knows, really, without a season-spanning mystery arc.
Andorians and Orions have become a joint syndicate, even though in old Trek, the Andorians were an honorable warrior race and the Orions were slave traders. But I guess greens and blues, it's all the same for them.
Did you really think they would do research regarding the blue guys with the funny antennas? They couldn't even be arsed to check whether or not Klingons have hair, ffs.
-Yours Truly